A Changed Perspective on Release (rmt)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superbitsandbob, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3devious

3devious Avatar

My husband was at a bar with 2 guys, one was 21 the other 18. They came in ordered their food and had a few drinks while waiting for the food to come. The 18 year old pulled out a flask and was spiking his drink. The management came and kicked them out. The 18 year old offered to leave but the folks in the bar were having none of that and demanded that they settle the bill and get out. Some folks may think it is BS that they wouldn't even let the non-minors stay but you have to see their side ot it. They could lose their license and if you're a bar, you're done. I know that they have all these laws that classify you as a restaurant that serves alchohol and blah blah blah but you make so much more money if you can also sell at least beer and wine.

The bar should have at least gave the guys the food that they paid for in a doggie bag but the management was eager to call the police so they chose not to point out their failings in customer service, my husband solved it by never going there again.

Violating the ToS breeches the EULA and any virtual items would be forfeited. In the event that Caska would get a well deserved booting I'd be telling Portalarium to stick my Royal Scepter up their you know what sideways.

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Impossible.

Solazur and Mac2 like this.
  3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

RMT exist in every MMO, nothing to see here...move along!

Can we start focusing on a real issue like fixing Taming? :)

Thwip, Sara Dreygon, Solazur and 8 others like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

PLEASE!

5. mass

mass Avatar

Welcome to modern gaming. Own any steam games? I 'own' tons. All steam has to do is update their subscriber agreement with something I won't agree to and 'bam'; my account is not accessible and my 1,000 games disappear. Virtual property has tons of consumer risk associated with it. It's just that no producer of virtual goods has screwed over their customers hard enough for anything to change. Just remember that software is almost always 'license for access' not 'ownership' (even though in most cases it functions like ownership).

6. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I can now buy experience, gear and gold for real life money.

How is this game not pay to win?

"So our position is that all RMT activity (gold, items, services) is allowed in Shroud of the Avatar, as long as it follows a few simple rules:"

If winning is steamrolling lowbies with twinked characters in PVP then it's possibly PTW.
    Otherwise it doesn't really affect me and I don't care that someone spent $10,000 on a virtual town. Even if it gives them an economic advantage.
    If someone's free time is precious and he or she wants to bypass the grind so they can grind the monkey room with friends then so be it.

amarious, Pawz and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think, at least for now, having spent $10k on a virtual town is a massive economic disadvantage.

The beneficiaries are the players who use that players town. So thanks guys like @Lord Andernut , who let us have lots in the town you've obviously sunk a lot of time, effort, and cash into! Huzzah!

moxiepilot, Lyndoman, Numa and 5 others like this.
  8. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

On from the other locked threads I think the official endorsement of RMT for XP is a huge PR own goal by Port and if fact is making me seriously consider whether I eant to continue in this game.

Was going to express myself more strongly but think I will leave it there.

@Lord British
    @DarkStarr
    @Berek

danjacobsmith likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seriously folks.
    Where is the difference to two weeks in the past before a couple of ppl tried to hype the RMT topic?
    There is non. Everything is exactly as it has been just two weeks ago.
    So get a grip.

Elwyn, Thwip, Sara Dreygon and 7 others like this.
  10. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Nothing has changed in years yet now you threaten to quit...

Elwyn, Sara Dreygon, Solazur and 3 others like this.
  11. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Guess you won't be playing any MMO's then, RMT are in every single MMO on the market.

12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Things have certainly changed as Port are effectively endorsing cheating when it comes to money for xp. Its the official endorsement which is the change am fully aware its gone on for years but other companies at least have the backbone to discourage it.

I could easily take advantage to short cut my grind but no thanks. If people are able to lord it over others with a set of GM skills earned in no other way than opening their wallet while being endorsed by Port I find that quite disconcerting to put it mildly. But thats just me and my belief about what a GAME should be.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and danjacobsmith like this.
  13. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I was not aware exp for money was allowed until recently. I am disappointed to find out that it is.

danjacobsmith likes this.
  14. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@Gorthyn I'm guessing you feel that if I spend 8 months playing a character, get it to level 90 with 12 GMs and want to sell the account I shouldn't be allowed. Is that correct? Just curious as to your thinking.

Sara Dreygon, Solazur, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  15. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Rhiannon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You didn't know that you could by leveled accounts?

Sara Dreygon, Solazur and Mac2 like this.
  17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

There have been people selling accounts for a long time.. Did you think those accounts were wiped clean before the sale? All the XP on the characters wiped?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

You would basically sell something you don't own to someone who has to take the whole responsibility and risk - a very bad deal if you ask me.

Solazur likes this.
  19. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Dev's using their power to generate a basement full of gargoyles in a friend's ring of fire (who gives him back 50% kick-backs) who sells gold via RMT isnt gonna go well..... there is no way someone can resist that kind of backdoor easy-money.... I know I wouldnt.... I would be milking that bullshit for days on end.

GG
    ;)

20. mass

mass Avatar

Now it sounds like we're wandering outside the scope of the impact of RMT and into 'imagination land'. Unless you have some specific accusation?

Elwyn, Sara Dreygon, Malimn and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.