Question about House / "rent room"

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by medrowivynton, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

Hi people of Novia!

I'm a super newbie player, who is super excited about the game. but i have a question about housing / rent rooms / free room.
    as i can undertand, it's a litte complicated get my own house, so i figured out those players who "rent a free room" for new players, so they can store their itens and this kind of thing.

Question: to get one of this "free rooms", i need one of those "house - recipes" or "property deeds", or just speake to the "innkeeper (ahahah), and get one for me??

Thank you!! This game is Awesome!!

2. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

Welcome to the party! Free rooms are offered by some innkeepers and you’ll need to get in touch with them to set you up. You can usually find the innkeepers IGN by looking at who owns the lot (either a stone on the ground or a real estate sign at the front of the lot).

They can secure a room for you. If you want to purchase your own lot, you have plenty of options with either tax or tax free deeds. Tax deeds are cheaper and can be bought in several places including the add-on store, in game crown merchants, and from other players. Tax free deeds are more expensive but don’t require you to pay ingame taxes. You can get those as part of a Bundle purchase or from other players. Let me know if you’re interested in your own spot, I can help you with deeds. You can also rent deeds from players.

medrowivynton likes this.
  3. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

thank you!!

i'm really interested in get my own spot, but i'm sure i'm not have enought money to get one hahahaha, just started the game... i didn't get the whole idea about "house" and "terrain"... there's a way to get both just in-game, without spend real money??

4. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

yes, you can adventure and sell things to get in-game gold, which you can turn into obsidian crowns, which you can then use to buy taxable deeds. Most player town owners will be happy to have you live in their town and won't charge you anything to claim an open lot with your tax deed. many players also sell taxable deeds for in-game gold...check out the marketplace forum here, or the trade channel in discord. Check out player vendors in starting towns to see what they are buying...you can make gold from selling raw materials to them that you find in the wild...such as ore, hides, cotton, reagents, etc.

5. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

got it! i will see all this and make money to get my own place to live hahaha
    thank you!!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and welcome medrowivyngton. As mentioned above you can contact the inn owner or property owner via whisper or mail system. To use the in game mail system go to any bank and click on a mail box. Click on 'send mail' and type the players name. (Caps not necessary) add a title like 'would like to rent a room' and click send. If you would like to say more to The landlord either buy or craft a blank paper to write a note to the land Lord and drag it to the titled mail.

To write a letter click on the blank letter and click 'write' and enter title like 'would like to rent a room' or rent free I'm a new player' for example then click 'continue' and type your note. When finished click 'publish' which is a green word next to the options tab and you are done. To easily find your letter in your inventory type the first word of the note in the filter box of your inventory then press enter. Don't forget to change your filter back by pressing the x key to make the filter clear again.

So it's best to look around the game and find a place that you think you want to live and if you see an Inn that is in a location you want or like then that is when you click on their stone or sign and get their name to send them some mail or a whisper.

I have suggested to the Developers to include later a key that we can craft so innkeeper's and landlords can easily rent rooms when they are not in game if they choose.

I am majoria in game if I can ever assist you anytime and I do have places for new players to stay free also if they like. I live in Wizards rest which is just on a on a cliff behind Owlshead.

edited typos and clarity

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes some do it to make money. My Inn is to help new players or players who are saving up for their own place one day. So they can be free to explore and learn the game. This game has much to learn. I have been here since 2013 and there is really a lot to know lol ;)

8. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Welcome @medrowivynton

Forget a free room - that's so 2017! ;) the Player Owned Town of Knight's Watch has free row lots and village lots (ie. a whole house, not just a room), as well as some rooms in and in. Check out this post for more info: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...house-still-available-in-knights-watch.81737/

Of course, others are welcome too. There's no catch and no hidden fee. All we ask is that you don't own property already, remain active and do some decoration on your home so it doesn't look abandoned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.