A Changed Perspective on Release (rmt)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superbitsandbob, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

And I thought sieges IN a town is not possible. :rolleyes:

2. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Here's a link to the latest official post. They have had the same policy for 20+ years.....
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-and-shroud-of-the-avatar.109237/#post-937868

3. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Well this pirate came into my pub one dark and stormy Monday (during me RP event) and my city was suddenly besieged by pirates. We jumped up to defend the city but unfortunately not in times to save the towns folks. Once the pirates were ejected for the city. I quickly resurrected my fallen vendors and we all went back to the pud to drink.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I think in all reality is that people just think differently. There are at least 2 views here and no one is right and no one is wrong. The first view is that rpg purists view the game and content as sacred, and try to enjoy the process of leveling. Such a thing as power leveling is taboo because it bastardizes the game, and insults the game creators. It is insulting because people rush past or do not even get to see the game content and wonder why people would by a game they are not going to play until endgame, in which this game there is no endgame. Maybe virtual dance off or something. The second view is get to the top as fast as you can so you can be caught up with your friends and do high level stuff. Possibly pvp at the higher levels and not want to be bored with leveling.

Personally I am in the first view. It's hard for me to understand the mentality of just rushing through the content. I suppose if you have multiple accounts and multiple characters leveling might come into play more. In this game however most players will have only one character.

So those are the ramblings of this lunatic. To be taken with beer, wine, or whiskey.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

MMOs are usually all about the end game while RPGs are all about the story. I guess its hard to mix the too into an MMORPG.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Look @Nib, just take your public legal spanking gracefully and stop digging a hole for yourself. You can’t change a wealth of jurisprudence just by making wild assertions because you want to believe a certain thing.

Addison, Solazur, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  7. Nib

Nib Avatar

That post is just laughable and Cordelayne is just trying to play all sides for entertainment purposes.

8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

You missed some posts then. Good for you, believe me, they were shameful.

Budner, Solazur and Mac2 like this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

You got that right! Watching you argue in your condescending and flippant tone is hilarious (Not very glib nib)! It's not everyday I get to see someone revel in their own ignorance so emphatically. Please, continue...:D

Sara Dreygon, Budner, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  10. Nib

Nib Avatar

You mean arguing from a position of facts not opinion and imaginary rights or feelings? Very bold statement coming from an ignorant dolt.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol! That's right, specific case law is all imaginary rights and feelings. Thank you counselor for your esteemed wisdom. :D

Addison and Budner like this.
  12. Nib

Nib Avatar

This is an example of how you play all sides to troll, then wait to see what the popular opinion is. Focus real hard on this part "Having said that, you are correct we do not own anything we buy in the game at the end of the day. EVERYTHING is owned by Port"

13. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Disrespect is not the best way to keep a discussion if you want to be heared, try to be respectful.

Sara Dreygon, Budner, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Of course I'm right, but let me just make sure I get this right...am I focusing if I talk in, ALL CAPS, lol. :D

Addison, Budner and Solazur like this.
  15. Nib

Nib Avatar

You mean like that that?

16. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

You sir are incorrect and mistaken. At the time of the initial reporting of this issue the act of power leveling for money was considered "not allowed." Here is Berek's Post regarding the issue. Portal changed their stance on Power leveling for money thus allowing it but not condoning it in a recent statement by Darkstarr probably to placate the public, prevent whale backer panic, and avoid bad PR having to ban a bunch of people two months before release.

Here's the link to read for yourself: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ervice-provided-on-marketplace.108644/page-10

As many of you pointed out, the answer is already in the EULA. You do not need to keep arguing for no reason whatsoever but to argue. Powerleveling services, or their promotion, for real money trade are NOT allowed. This is by definition exploiting the game against its intended use.

"(c) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling; or (d) participation in the trade of items gained through the means listed above, or any other means violating this agreement."

The part in green is their TOS. Exploit in the TOS is not refering to a video game exploit such as a cheat or bug, it's referring to exploit in business terms such as utilizing something to get gain. This is where many people get confused.

Looks Pretty black and white cut and dry to me.

But as of yesterday power-leveling services are being allowed on the market place provided you follow the rules. Before yesterday it was not allowed and therefore the person you are referring to that you are so blatantly slamming with the using of profanity violating the forum agreement to be respectful of all backers was in the right for reporting such behavior.

Would recommend you apologize as you are spreading misinformation and not being respectful and you're making yourself and others who blindly agree with you look bad.

Portal doesn't condone the behavior they only allow it, so it's still frowned upon because it skirts the line of pay to win which they cannot condone. It's only allowed because they don't have the resources to police it or prevent it as they would rather use backer money to further production of the game as they feel the behavior would continue whether they allowed it or disallowed it. They feel by allowing it they can absolve themselves of all liability regarding the issue by only allowing it on their site and and by utilizing the site you agree that you will not hold them liable should something go wrong and if the person you purchase from doesn't provide the service or items immediatly they are in violation of the rules of the market place and can therefore be disciplined.

Now they no longer have a contradicting perception of their stance on RMT to include power level services and their actual TOS. Power level Services are now allowed to be sold when before they were strictly prohibited by their TOS.

I imagine you wouldn't be so testy and disrespectful if the person had reported a prominent community member who was botting or cheating in some way to get gain or get ahead. Recommend not blindly following people in the future and scrubbing your mouth out with some soap and maybe some anger management classes. Would recommend you also actually read the TOS

Oeneusc and Nib like this.
  17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks all for the feedback! We appreciate the viewpoints. Note that we have considered our decision carefully before posting this update. We will be keeping these policies (which we've had for a long time now and they have worked just fine). There shouldn't be any confusion on our policies here moving forward, but if there is, please contact Berek and Cerus privately via PM and we'll address the concern.

Going to close the thread now, as it's run its course, and there are continued personal arguments here that have derailed the thread. We will be responding to those individually (personal arguments are not allowed in threads).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.