Don't Forget the Telethon Feb 2nd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello everyone. So in a little over 14 hours as of this posting the next telethon will be starting. So don't forget to spend your $5 and get your questions in. It is such an important time for this game with only a matter of weeks before launch. Here are the stretch goals for this telethon:

STRETCH GOALS (Mardi Gras / Carnival Theme!)

As a special bonus, we are offering funding rewards to any backer that pledges a minimum of $5 for twelve hours during the day of the telethon, on February 2 from 12:00 PM to 11:59 PM CT (Spending Store Credit to make $5 minimum purchase does not apply) .

For this telethon we are having a Mardi Gras / Carnival theme since Mardi Gras is happening on February 13! Each item represents something related to either Mardi Gras in New Orleans (Flambeaux, Jester, Garlands) or Carnival in Rio (Feather Outfit, /samba). [​IMG]

NOTE: While the livestream ends at 7pm CT, everyone will have until 11:59 PM CT to spend $5 to get the stretch goals. We will announce the final total on the following day.

• $10K: /samba
    • $25K: Mardi Gras Garlands
    • $35K: Flambeaux (equippable 2 handed open flame gas lamp)
    • $50K: Mardi Gras Mask Fountain
    • $65K: Feather Outfit including Feather Back and Head Piece (like Rio Carnival)
    • $80K: Mardi Gras Jester Outfit
    *Please keep in mind that stretch goal rewards take time to develop and will most likely not be available in-game at Release 52 at the earliest.

Thwip, Gia2, Time Lord and 8 others like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thanks love!

majoria70 likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

My pleasure Tahru. :)

Tahru likes this.
  4. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Wow, not even sure I will spend 5 bucks for this stuff. Pretty much foo foo dance party stuff :(

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

This is the fifth telethon since I started playing, and I've yet to find a stretch goal item that appealed to me. Not knocking them; they just haven't really been my thing. But I pick up $5 worth of COTOs every time. I figure eventually, some of them will be sought-after collectors items that I can sell for decent IGG, and COTOs are always useful, so even if that never happens, it's not like I'm not getting anything for my $5.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The first twenty or so items were a hat a release. We did not pay in money, but ... It is kind of the point that these items have to be superficial or it might feel too much like P2W or maybe some will not play just knowing that missed the chance. Limited items is a great thing, but it I think it has to played with care as it may cause more harm than good. That is not to say that I have not hoped for something better in terms of function. But I never felt that the price per effort spent was not in my favor. I think the biggest offering so far was the prosperity tools and those were never cheap.

7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Not too excited about it too... but since I have some funds in my PayPal... I might at least spend 5 bucks on Store Credits... :D

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, I meant they didn't appeal stylistically. Icy themed dresses don't do much for me, nor do Mardi Gras themed items. It's not a complaint, just a personal taste thing. If "ancient ruins" were ever the theme, I'd consider an alt account just to be able to double up. I expect that there will eventually be something I do really like. I presume they will always be "visual" items, and I'm fine with that.

Nelzie and Kabalyero like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And I'll be the first to admit, I'm overly picky about visuals and theme.

Nelzie and Kabalyero like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Of course i will spend my 5 bucks but i agree that the items aren't the perfect choice. Mardis Gras is a rather special theme ^^
    I would once more like to advocate for a new recipes stretch goal while we are at it @Berek and @Spoon if i recall correctly ^^

11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

If the Boring Company can raise 10 million in flamethrowers in four days, we should be able to reach $35k for flambeaux in four hours...

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That or.... We sell our own flamethrower!

3devious, Nelzie and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it will still be rares to sell so it is never wasted that way. Each item sells for thousands and it supports the game. Well imo. ;)

14. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

majoria70 likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes we could have used a style consultant for that ;) hmmm I was not busy that day ;)

16. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Yes celibrate my birthday by helping my favorite game get more funding!

Dhanas likes this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yupp, did a poll on that.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/suggest-and-vote-on-telethon-themes.102179/

But I think I have given up by now though, not really worth the effort if one is discouraged repeatedly, but here would be my suggestion for a telethon theme of merchant/crafter.
    • $10K: /haggle emote
      (teachable but not re-teachable, this so that the partakers are rewarded but that the emote can spread in use to other players)
      [​IMG]
    • $20K: (Virtue) Crafting Apron
      (The concept here is to create one 'rare' Virtue version with the virtue symbol, but then re-use the object with a reskin to add it to the game in general as Plain Crafting Apron - without the pockets and belt - that way you get two good things for the effort of making one.
      The secondary point of that is also to make a positive spin to those who cannot afford to spend in that telethon but would still get a vested interest in the outcome - which could translate to them maybe spending in an upcoming telethon.)
      [​IMG]
    • $35K: Paper Recipe: Decorative Planter (non-teachable)
      (The concept with giving the reward as a paper recipe is so that one can trade the recipe away if one isn't a crafter, the concept of creating it as a recipe instead of an item is to transfer the 'rare' value from the item to the ability to craft the object, that way the 'rare' feel is kept but the object can be spread to many many more players through crafting and selling the items
      The secondary point of that is also to make a positive spin to those who cannot afford to spend in that telethon but would still get a vested interest in the outcome - which could translate to them maybe spending in an upcoming telethon.)
      [​IMG]
    • $50K: Paper Recipe: Elaborate Classic Counter/Stall (non-teachable)
      (The concept with giving the reward as a paper recipe is so that one can trade the recipe away if one isn't a crafter, the concept of creating it as a recipe instead of an item is to transfer the 'rare' value from the item to the ability to craft the object, that way the 'rare' feel is kept but the object can be spread to many many more players through crafting and selling the items
      [​IMG]
    • $65K: Replenishing Scraps Box (Once per week this item generates a dozen random scraps materials - wood, metal, cloth, leather scraps)
      [​IMG]
    • $80K: Small Virtue Caravan (Deco object, with 'outdoors' and 'pot' flags)
      [​IMG]
      This one is just meant to be cool. If you are a player you can jump into it and stand there selling stuff. While if on a lot and you want to one can place a Vendor next to it which then looks instantly properly like a travelling trader.

I mean - I'd be spending extra if those where the stretchgoals.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Cordelayne, Gorthyn, hroth and 5 others like this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Listen to the man @Berek @Cerus

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have a fortuitous disease today, so I get to stay home and watch the telethon. :D

20. Kyriana Nvermore

Kyriana Nvermore Avatar

I am impatiently waiting while working...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.