More Bodytypes & Stat Based Body Changes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by zerothis, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

We need more body types, average sizes to start with. And up to obese. But not just weight. Various muscular as well. And more than Northwestern European!

My avatar began very fit and muscular and has stayed that way. Not like like me at all in more ways than one. Suppose avatar bodies could be modeled after their players to start with. But as they trained, avatar bodies would change. Losing weight if they started with more and gaining muscle if they started with less. On the otherhand, avatars that trained only in the less physical skills, and only wielded lighter weapons, wouldn't change much, and might even gain weight.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

good idea

3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Having the look tied to skill/stat means everyone would eventually look the same. Sure, I’d like more body options at character creation and the option to change it later, but I wouldn’t want to eventually look like everyone else. We chose to look a certain way because that was our design. Our choice. A skill/stat change over time would nullify that freedom.

My character is mid-sized and frail for a reason. I wouldn’t want to be muscular.

margaritte likes this.
  4. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

So you could not train in skills or eat foods that would cause these aspects of your character to change. Or would you intend to be big and muscular without looking that way? Wouldn't that be contrary to your character?

5. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I’m no fan of any game change that forces my RP to change. Not only does your proposal do this, but the only alternative is to intentionally have my character weaker (game-wise) just to maintain my RP.

This, SoTA, isn’t the kinda game where you wanna alienate your RP base. Keep RP and Gameplay separate.

6. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

They have said that they are not going to add this in any time soon, because every piece of armor and other wearables should be scaled to all different sizes and shapes of bodies and bodyparts. This was years ago though so don't know what is current state of this.

Elnoth likes this.
  7. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

They could cheat it. 'Naked' would be fully scaled but wearables could exist in just a few scales. By positioning the wearables based on body sized, fewer scales are required. Smaller bodies would, for example, have the neck line to high for chest armor while larger bodies would reveal muffin tops and beer bellies. And wearables can be narrowed or widened just a bit to cheat the need for many 3D models. These could be combined to get hundreds of variants from only a few models.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.