Serafina's Big Adventure

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Gabriel Nightshadow, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

NARRATOR
    Friday afternoon at the offices of Portalarium in Austin, Texas…

(Insert “Typing on Computer Keyboard” sound effect.)

SERAFINA
    Greetings, Gabriel. We have successfully transferred the POT to Vallas Tellen. Best wishes…
    Eh…what is happening?

(Insert ”Holding Out For a Hero (Instrumental Version)” by Dean Pitchford and Jim Steinman)

NARRATOR
    The text on Serafina’s computer screen suddenly starts changing and is replaced by large, glowing runic text.

SERAFINA
    Hmm…it says “Serafina, you have been summoned…”

NARRATOR
    Out of the corner of her eye, Serafina notices that the Wonder Woman figure to the right of her monitor suddenly assumes a battle pose and winks at her! There is a blinding flash of light and Serafina vanishes!

**************************************************************************************************

THE PRESENT

One minute to midnight in
    the Wyrmsands in the Hidden Vale

A solitary figure crosses the Wyrmsands, better known as the graveyard of dragons, on this dark, starry night and comes to a stop on top of a dune. There is nothing but sand for as far as she can see. The young, raven haired beauty has an athletic build and is wearing a sleeveless, black leather tunic with red trim which shows off her muscular arms. She is also wearing black, leather fingerless gloves, loose fitting, black cotton pants with a dark red martial arts belt, and ankle high, black leather combat boots. There are mysterious tattoos visible on her arms and back. A pair of binoculars hang from a strap around her neck. The woman presses a few buttons on her holographic chronometer on her left wrist and a small hologram of the DarkStarr Moondial suddenly appears in mid-air, and shows the planets moving into perfect alignment high above her.

SERAFINA
    I hope Lord Baldrith was right about these coordinates or this is going to be a total waste of time…

NARRATOR​
    The wrist chronometer beeps as the holographic planets line up and begin to flash bright red. A lush, green valley suddenly shimmers into existence directly in front of the female warrior! She enters the valley and then punches a few buttons on her chronometer.​

(Insert “Nature Ambiance” sound effect.)

SERAFINA
    Wow…so the stories are true! The Lost Valley of the Dragon Lords really exists!
    There…timer set. I have eight hours to complete my mission and exit the valley or I will be trapped here until the next planetary alignment occurs in 50 years, according to Bowen Bloodgood…

NARRATOR
    The woman looks through her illuminated binoculars at the looming mountain in the distance.

(Insert “Fantasy Armies” by Alexandr Zhelanov)

SERAFINA
    There it is…on the side on the mountain facing me! The ruins of Castle Gennar…headquarters of the nine Dragon Lords who helped Lord British maintain peace throughout the land until that fateful day two hundred years ago when most of them were slain in that surprise attack by the Obsidian army!

NARRATOR
    The mysterious female warrior ponders for a moment.

SERAFINA
    Hmm…the “Eye of Darkness” lies within the crypt of the first Dragon Lord, Grandmaster Christoper Nightshadow, deep beneath the castle. It is one of the five ancient artifacts scattered throughout New Britannia which, when combined, form the ultimate weapon which will allow my godfather, Gabriel Nightshadow, to destroy the evil, immortal god known as Shadowreign once and for all! But first, I will need to get through the many monsters, puzzles and death traps which line the labyrinth leading to the crypt…
    Good thing, Lord Baldrith sent me to retrieve this artifact instead of my twin brother, Tahru. He never was any good at puzzles and always fails to look before he leaps…

(laughs)

I hope that Gabriel and the others are faring well in their quests to retrieve the other four artifacts…
    Eh? I thought I heard something…

(Insert “Flapping Wings 3” sound effect)

NARRATOR
    The mysterious female warrior turns around to see a giant red dragon land a short distance away. The dragon roars and breathes fire directly at her!

(Insert “European Dragon Roaring and Breath Fire” sound effect.)

But the mysterious female warrior emerges from the inferno unscathed, protected by a chi energy field. The crow tattoo on her left arm glows brightly!

The warrior smiles.

SERAFINA (taunting)
    Is that the best you’ve got? My turn…

NARRATOR
    The female warrior’s fists begin to glow brightly!

(Insert “Fire Within” by Jens Kiilstofte)

(Insert “Spin Kick” sound effect.)

(Insert “Kung Fu Punch” sound effect.)

(Insert “Sweep Kick” sound effect.)

(Insert “Boxing Punches” sound effect.)

(Insert “Roundhouse Kick” sound effect.)

(Insert “Left Hook” sound effect.)

(Insert “Right Cross” sound effect.)

NARRATOR
    The mysterious female warrior finishes the stunned dragon off with a devastating uppercut!

(Insert “Uppercut” sound effect.)

(Insert “Dragon Roaring” sound effect.)

(Insert “Fall” sound effect.)

YOUNG OBSIDIAN FIGHTER # 1 (astonished)
    By the gods! She just killed that giant red dragon single-handedly! I’ve never seen martial arts like that in New Britannia before! Our pugilism pales in comparison…

NARRATOR
    The mysterious female warrior turns around to see nine Obsidians standing there – three melee fighters armed with either a mace or a sword, three archers, and three mages.

SERAFINA (cryptic)
    That’s because I’m not from around here…

(Insert ”Holding Out For a Hero (Instrumental Version)” by Dean Pitchford and Jim Steinman)

OBSIDIAN MAGE
    An impressive feat, to be sure, but she must be here in search of the artifact as well. Kill her, men!

(Insert “Arrows Flying” sound effect - 3X.)

NARRATOR
    The three archers rapidly fire arrows at the mysterious female warrior, but she becomes a blur of motion and easily dodges most of them!

Serafina manages to grab one of the arrows whizzing by her and hurls it back at the archer who fired it. It penetrates his right eye and brain, killing him instantly!​

A few of the poison-tipped arrows bounce harmlessly off her rock-hard forearms and biceps, much to the archers’ astonishment!

YOUNG OBSIDIAN FIGHTER # 1 (scared)
    No way! I’m out of here!

NARRATOR
    The youngest of the three Obsidian melee fighters drops his mace, turns around and high tails it out of the valley and back into the Wyrmsands!

NARRATOR
    The Obsidian mage shakes his fist at the fleeing fighter.

OBSIDIAN MAGE (angry)
    Coward! We will deal with him later…

SERAFINA
    Smart fellow! He will be the sole survivor of your little group.

OBSIDIAN MAGE (sneering)
    We will see about that! Who are you, anyway?

SERAFINA
    My friends call me Seras…Seras Timelord, but my foes know me by another name... Serafina!

YOUNG OBSIDIAN FIGHTER # 2 (frightened)
    Not Serafina…the “Living Weapon”?!

NARRATOR
    Serafina nods her head and the young, sword-wielding Obsidian fighter begins to wet his pants! His fellow melee Obsidian fighter looks at him in disgust.

YOUNG OBSIDIAN FIGHTER # 3 (snarling)
    Well, I’m not afraid of you!

NARRATOR
    The third Obsidian fighter charges at Serafina and swings his mace at her head! Searfina easily dodges the blow, then disarms the Obsidian fighter, and legsweeps him.

She kills her startled foe with a Leopard Punch to the throat which shatters his windpipe!

(Insert “Bone Crushing” sound effect.)

SERAFINA (threatening)
    Time to die, Obsidian scum!

(shouting)
    Hi Yah!

NARRATOR
    Serafina’s tattoos glow brightly as she suddenly leaps into the air and lands a flying kick to the Obsidian mage’s chest before he can finish casting a Lightning spell! The force of the blow shatters his rib cage, and several of the broken ribs puncture his heart and lungs!

(Insert “Bone Crushing” sound effect.)

The Obsidian mage coughs up blood and falls to the ground – dead!

The other Obsidians quickly surround Serafina!

SERAFINA (laughing)
    Well…I did say that I wanted to get out from behind my computer at Portalarium…

NARRATOR
    Serafina grins as the nervous Obsidians begin to sweat profusely…

She slams her glowing fists into the ground, causing a shockwave in a 4’ radius around her!

(Insert “Earth Element Magic Spell” sound effect.)

The Obsidians start cursing as they are sent flying high into the air! Their curses turn into screams of terror as a swarm of giant dragonflies suddenly swoops in and carries them off!

(Insert “Mosquito Buzzing” sound effect.)

(Insert “A Hero is Born” by tgfcoder)

SERAFINA (surprised)
    Wow…I wasn’t expecting that! I guess this valley is as deadly as it is beautiful…

NARRATOR
    Serafina wipes the sweat from her brow and then takes a couple of gulps of water from her canteen.

SERAFINA
    Well…I better get moving if I hope to reach the castle within two hours!

NARRATOR
    Serafina begins walking toward the mountain…

Soon after she departs, a hooded figure materializes as his Silent Movement spell wears off. It is the tall, albino man who everyone is searching for - Count Aberon!

COUNT ABERON
    How nice of Serafina to eliminate some of the competition for me! Once she leads me to the “Eye of Darkness”, I shall claim it for my master, Lord Shadowreign, and then feast on her life force!

(laughs maniacally)

NARRATOR
    Count Aberon casts Silent Movement again and continues to follow Serafina at a safe distance…

TO BE CONTINUED IN…

“LEGACY OF THE DRAGON LORDS”

A NEW BRITANNIA THEATRE TROUPE AUDIO PLAY

DARKNESS FALLS NEXT WINTER...:eek:

2. Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill Avatar

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

/claps then turns to Razulah. "Place three security rings two miles apart from the ship and sound the alarm bells if this woman comes close to our ship. She is dangerous. R/Boris/El Pirata

5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

This is so close to real life it's actually pretty scary.

6. matpsch

matpsch Developer Emeritus

Ohh ohh can you write me in as a lazy town guard in a drunken sleep at his guard chair?!

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you gonna make a couple of sleeping in chair animations? one just a loop of slumped and nodding and one to mix in occassionally where they startle and look around before settling down again?

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

/claps Bravo!

9. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

lol nice!

10. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

I really like this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.