Shipping goods and customs costs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurelius Silverson, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Given that here in the UK, the customs charges for anything sent from abroad are based on the stated value of the contents, what is Portalarium intending to show as that value?

It would be crazy to list the value of the pledge that qualified for the items (and if they do that, I'll be refusing delivery since it would make the bill massive!) so hopefully there is a more sensible 'value' assigned to the contents of the parcel - any clues what that might be, so I know how much extra I'm liable to be charged?

Jens_T, Time Lord and Logain like this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

There was an amount of $15 for
    International Shipping
    you had to purchase in shop.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Heh. New token is 30 bucks.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, I bought it in 2015 - the "Early Pledge" bonus ;)

5. Aurelius Silverson

It's not about the shipping costs, it is about the customs charges that get applied to the parcel.

Kabalyero likes this.
  6. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We will not list the value of a pledge on the shipment, the stated value will be more in line with the value of a purchased game and the box that holds it. We understand the concerns here and will be aiming for "sensible" values.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

So Something between the average 79 to 149 for a collectors edition?

8. Aurelius Silverson

Thank you.

9. madclown

madclown Avatar

I'd really like to know that, too. If you guys are thinking about writing my pledge or something near that, I don't want to pay that much tax for the cloth map. It will be pointless.

By the way, 30 dollars for international voucher is just too much. Regardless of the tax amount, I may still refuse to get the physical reward just for that.

Logain likes this.
  10. Warlok

Warlok Avatar

As an early international Royal backer from Kickstarter, we had to pay for shipping at the time of the pledge. Now I’m finding out we have to pay $30 USD more on top of that to get the physical items. I’m not seeing it discussed outside of this thread. This doesn’t make sense to me especially if individuals already paid for some of the shipping at the time of pledge. I’d like to know how to rectify the situation so that I’m not charged for duplicate shipping

Logain likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well, do you see a shipping voucher on your Account? If yes i guess all is fine. If not i would contact support and ask them.

Cordelayne and Logain like this.
  12. Logain

Logain Avatar

Thank you for mentioning that! I wouldn't have realized otherwise and am a little disappointed that wasn't mentioned in the mail!
    As suggested by @Earl Atogrim von Draken , I sent a mail to support: 'I've bought a $15 international shipping voucher before and now realized they are $30, does that mean I have to buy a new one, or are the old ones still good to go?'

This is a great concern of mine and I wonder if this is 'legal'. The German toll mentions that the value of purchase is used to determine tax, not the actual value of goods. I would love further clarifying statements on the issue!
    Thank you in advance.

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Um ehrlich zu sein können die als Wert drauf schreiben was auch immer Sie wollen.
    Kann am Ende des Tages eh keiner Prüfen. Wird auch keiner. Gibt es eigentlich keine echte Veranlassung zu.

Kara Brae, Cordelayne and Logain like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It is definitely legal in that majority of the value of the purchase is for the virtual assets, not the physical ones.
    This can be easily determined/demonstrated by looking at the pledge level that includes the physical box and the pledge levels above it.

Sean Silverfoot and Logain like this.
  15. Logain

Logain Avatar

That's exactly the point I am not sure about.
    '(...)Entscheidend ist, welcher Betrag tatsächlich gezahlt wurde, um die Ware zu erhalten(...)eine Anmeldung stets sämtliche steuererheblichen Angaben umfassen muss, d.h. Rechnungen oder andere Unterlagen über den gezahlten oder zu zahlenden Preis sind vollständig vorzulegen(...)'
    The deciding factor is the price that was actually paid to receive the goods(...) a declaration always has to include all tax relevant data, meaning that bills about the payment have to be complete(...)

I simply want to avoid either Portalarium or myself getting into legal trouble and at the same time, I want to avoid being charged a tax for virtual goods.

16. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

The Finnish toll (Finland is an EU country) mentions the following:
    "Furthermore, you do not have to declare to Customs or pay any import duties on games, music and computer games downloaded directly from the internet."
    Source: http://tulli.fi/en/private-persons/ordering-goods-online

Sean Silverfoot, Numa and Time Lord like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Where I live here in Thailand, it's sometimes nothing... or it's whatever charges a Thai postmen wanted to put on anything ;) :eek: Which can mean as much as 60% of the (estimated) cost of the product!'
    But that can't be helped at all :confused: :( La'Sort, La'Fate
    :p~TL~

Vaentorian and Numa like this.
  18. Chaox

If shipping was paid for at the time of the Kickstarter, you will not need to purchase any further shipping vouchers. Backers can see this reflected on their account pages with a listing of "International Shipping" on the "Add-Ons" tab.

If anyone feels they should have this but is not seeing it listed, please write into support@portalarium.com and we can look into account specifics.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Wann ist Mikkel!? :p

[​IMG]

20. Chaox

The physical goods that will be delivered are not considered purchased, but instead are considered rewards for pledging levels.

In a pretend Kickstarter, imagine a $10,000 pledge to get a character designed in game that comes along with a real-world necklace. When the necklace is shipped to that person the stated value would not be $10,000, but the value of the necklace being shipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.