Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Seek Private Garridon

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Aiyarree, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aiyarree

Aiyarree Avatar

1/27/2018 6:02 PM
    Title: Seek Private Garridon
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No

Details: Was sent to speak with Private Garridon.
    But Quest do not accept my talk with him.
    Asked him for Help, Undead, Job, Soletown... and a ton of other things.
    Still have the Quest active to find him. Even tried to wave to him.

Steps to Reproduce: Enter Solace Bridge, get the quest to find Private Garridon, talk to him.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 64447
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.723.Date.01.26.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-98.0, -2.4, -41.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtOTcuOTgzLCAtMi4zNTksIC00MS43NDgpfCgwLCAwLjk5MSwgMCwgMC4xMzcpfDQ5NC4wODMyfDE5LjYwMjEyfDM=

2. Paulus d'Abaujvariensis

Paulus d'Abaujvariensis Avatar

I reseted my quests today in R50 and my coming back after 4 months break, and I cannot complete this quest as well, all words used, ask him about Edward, I saw in release notes that he should provide tutorial for UI, inventory adn character sheet,
    I was not able to get anything similar from him

3. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Same. I have reset quests for this release. Edvard sent me to Garridon, but that guard does not react other with some text on help, Edvard, Solace Bridge .. whatever.
    The quest stays active in the list.

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I tried to repro this a few times, but I couldn't. did you get the quest to seek Garridon from Edvard in the Solace Bridge Tutorial (after making a fresh, new character), or from Edvard in Solace Bridge post tutorial? This would help narrow down the problem.

5. Paulus d'Abaujvariensis

I am not sure about OP, my char is old from R3x, I just reseted quests on overworld map and went to Solace Bridge myself ( no tutorial at all )

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Okay, I hate to say it, but I can't repro this problem after getting the quest from either Edvard. Both ways completed the task for me when I spoke to Garridon. It cleared as soon as I talked to him. If you can provide any other information, maybe I can repro it, but as of right now, I can't.

7. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Old character, fresh quest reset this morning. So Edvard post-tutorial.
    I.e. Arabella in Soltown sends me to Solace Bridge, Edvard in Solace Bridge sends me to Garridon in Solace Bridge Outskirts.

Btw, the quest description at least when you do it this way is wrong. It says Garridon would be the first person/guard you see there. No, when you come this way you enter the 'normal' way from the outer world, have to go through the whole camp and down the other way to the river to Garridon. More like 'last guard you find in a place way from where you would expect someone' ;)

8. liskin

liskin Avatar

Same problem. I didn'y speak first of all with Private Garridon because he's not the first person/guard entering Solace Bridge Outskirts. Now i've completed all quests in Solace Bridge Outskirts and I've to give report to Stanley (from Captain Kinsey).
    The quest stays active in the list (there is not in the compass) and Private Garridon don't react at any word (asked him for Help, Undead, Job, Soletown etc).

9. Paulus d'Abaujvariensis

What I can add is that I did not take any boat, so same as others in this thread, I met Garridon as last person in zone not the first

10. PariahPism

PariahPism Avatar

I am new to game, so new character, and I could not get Garridon to respond to any prompts, including typing out the quest, the name Edvard, or any other options. I was able to do many other quests in the Solace outskirts, but not that one. I met him after meeting and nameing every other guard as well.

11. TranZdog

TranZdog Avatar

I have it too. Old toon, Reset quests, got quest from Edvard, traveled over land to outskirts , did not use boat. Garridon is not the first guard I "see" . Next time I am in the area I will try taking the boat and see if that changes things.

Lexie likes this.
  12. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

2/12/2018 1:11 PM
    Title: See above
    Reproduction Rate: ?%
    Blocker? not really
    Details: I have reset my quests.
    Started Love quest, went to Solace Bridge.
    Talked to Edvard.
    He asked me to bring his journal to Stanley in Soltown.
    BUT : the title of the quest I received there is "Seek Private Garridon"
    I did not cross that zone, as I was also instructed to go to SB outskirts, and I knew I will be sent back to Solace Bridge by quest givers in Soltown.
    In my Journal, under this erroneous title, the text is correct though. (speaking about talking to Stanley and giving him Edvard's journal)
    Nonetheless I found the private Garridon, in SB outskirts at location (-98.9, -2.5, -44.2). He just offer the generic dialog. (i.e. nothing new)
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 8142
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-98.9, -2.5, -44.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtOTguODc4LCAtMi40NTcsIC00NC4yMTgpfCgwLCAwLjQ0NywgMCwgMC44OTQpfC0yODcuNjQxNHwtMS4xODA5Nzd8Mw==

Hope this help,
    K.

PS some more info : I went to Soltown, and Stanley accepted my Captain Kinsey's report, but completely ignored my Edvard's Journal. Tried a bunch of keywords but he still don't want to have it. (possibly I had an "old" Edvard's journal in inventory). But the bug remains, as Garridon doesn't say nothing, and the text in journal is not related to this quest.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  13. cycosper

cycosper Avatar

Puuk, when you try to reproduce this bug with Garridon, are you using a brand new character, like you suggest the players use, or are you using a specil developer-side character?
    I have the exact same problem that these other guys have explained, in great detail.

14. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Bug #55925. Looking into it. Seems the problem is when players get the quest from Edvard in the (non-tutorial) Solace Bridge. New characters that come from the SB tutorial seem to work as designed.

15. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Any update on this? Still cannot continue the path. And yes, I too got the quest after resetting quests so non-tutorial Edvard.

16. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Release this month ya? Reset quests today, and already stuck.....

17. Luthern

Luthern Avatar

I am having the same problem as the OP, except with me this is happening after I did the one time only quest reset. I did the quest reset in R51. Please help!

18. Savetti2

Savetti2 Avatar

Same for me, except I cannot see Garridon at all. Just reset quests too.

19. Hevster

Hevster Avatar

I'm having the same issue in that I eventually found Garridon but no reaction from him. This is my first character and I got the quest from Edvard in Solace Bridge (non tutorial). Haven't tried resetting quests.

20. Ishel

Ishel Avatar

I have the same problem, because I missed him going into town. I went right to the city and started doing quests there. Now, when I try to go back to complete quest, I can't. Is there a way to abandon the chain?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.