So I know the answer to increase PvP population -

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xkhan, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Control points should be PvP map with event open once or twice a week that guilds can go on the square and get point each minute they stand on it for an hours. Guild that accumulated most points get access to the treasure chest which give good loot.
    That would give a meaning to pvp without necessarily dropping all ur hardworked stuff for ransom. (No one like it to drop stuff that take weeks to get its obvious) So only drop skull in PvP and create event for it. I dont think a player would care much to go in a pvp zone if he dont drop worthful stuff.

Elrond, Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

not control points but could add it to Shardfalls -
    you can NOT give them loot for PvP that is better than PvE loot this is sheep to wolves - could make it PvP items or such, that is the main problem. ALso somthign they have already said they would NOT do.

[​IMG]

3. DavidDC

Yep, the whole point is there is alot to change.
    The way i see it (but probably not the way they gonna do it) is nerf character enough so boss cant be defeated solo but in group. Then give those boss more chance at good loot, that could be killed in PvE by groups.
    The loot im talking about in chests in control point would be maybe same as a boss or double of it since it happen only once in a week. Boss can be taken over and over. So yeah the pvp chest need better drop chance, but same items as loot as any pve content, there nothing special. Maybe PvP arti?

Could also just enable pvp in control point when the event start.

In sum, it would have an ineractive map with automatic event where PvPer can have fun. Nothing changed in the game for PvE or anything, except for that single hour in a week.

4. DavidDC

Shardfall is another big problem. When i started playing the game, i tought there was something special in shardfall, especially in the middle of them. Kinda dull to get there and see nothing but 2-3 kind of monster arounds and nothing in middle of it.

I know they have added random boss spawn after killing X amount of mobs, but i went there a couple time to kill vrul brother and after killing mobs for an hours without spawning of a boss i was like this is broke.
    People that are casual have about 1-2 hours of game play a day at max, if it take them 1 hours to farm mobs to get a random boss its useless. Should be at max each 15 minute of intense farming mobs to spawn a boss. 15 Minute for a boss is less than most map having a boss. And if you make that boss special (that drop pvp arti for example) then people will certaintly spread out around the world to try to hide from other dude and get them pvp arti (right now its only in the fall). So they feel a bit safe while trying to get those. As an old PKer, i would literrally go in each map try to find some people to kill. Right now i know that i would probably find 1 guy in all those map at this time, and he probably gonna flee right as i enter the map, not worth it... Having a boss spawn each 15 minute or so after killing mobs would make me stay there to kill em and get some arti.

Dhanas likes this.
  5. DavidDC

I also think that killing a boss for their parts (deamon hoof, dragon head, dragon bone etc) should drop every single time. Spawn rate increased to 15 or even 30 minute. Boss should be special. Not something to farm every 5 minute. And those piece can still get loss while crafting and enchanting. Its not like they are super good anyway. Everyone can live without a deamon hoof or bone legging or bone glove easily, making boss farming for that pretty worthless cause of the rare drop rate and time consuming.

6. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Winning or losing.... isn’t that what PvP is about? Or is PVP just another way to grind exp or resources? PVP means Player vs. Player which has a winner and a Loser. I PvP to be the winner. If there is a benefit that does not interfere with non-PVE players then fine but that is really just icing on the cake.

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

8. Armar

Armar Avatar

Whats wrong with players today ...

Aldo, Diabhul, Dhanas and 4 others like this.
  9. Armar

Armar Avatar

This can be controled by players only beeing able to attack +X and -X levels relativ to their own but this can invite griefing tricks.

But thats how the PvP cookie crumbles. If you are weak in relation to high players you "have to be careful" and probably should not go to top loot and exp zones during rush hours.

You can also defend by grouping up. Some games offer skills like scouting (beeing able to detect other players from afar) and beeing able to run fast. UO had the recall runes. Hiding skills can also be practical.

// Armar

10. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Those ppl are casual low level players... yep thats whats wrong ;)

11. Armar

Armar Avatar

Because the Devs did do a splendid job of chasing them away. There are different games on the market wich are designed for PvPers in mind. They came and moved to other worlds.

// Armar

12. Armar

Armar Avatar

The low level gamer has tons of fun. Whats wrong about that? And if you can have this fun at low levels, i assume you can have at least the same fun at higher levels. And i prefer non-item based combat and full-loot to support skill based gaming.

If you are a wimp, you should not be able to wield and and keep a "sword of vanquishing"or the like. And thats what you get without full loot.

// Armar

Kpopgurl likes this.
  13. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Yea PVP means player vs player ..it doesnt mean win and get nothing...people pvp for lots of reasons ....for the rush... for the loot.. for honour (rankings)....to help theyr guild... doesnt mean we should all pvp because we want to be winners. The more reasons Sota will give players to pvp the better will be for the pvp community.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I laughed so hard on this vid.. thx .:)

15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree the pvp for lower levels is not fun. Right now the present pvp scene is just bloodlust, as there are few pvp targets in game. I remember in WoW there was level gating for pvp. It did not mean someone could not kill you but it would let you know by color if they where in range of you. Grey, green, yellow, red. Now if they where grey you got no honor killing them. the rest you gained honor but more at different levels. This could be applied to the looting in shroud. If you are "grey" for lack of a better example, you would not be able to loot that person.

Dhanas and Gorthyn like this.
  16. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

You can't just leave that dangling out there. How does it invite griefing tricks? How would those griefing tricks be any different than all other griefing tricks?

I suggested that and was told that a good level 80+ PvP guy will destroy a large group of level 60 characters, very easily. So, grouping up isn't a viable option, unless the only goal is really, "Be faster than the slowest guy on your side in running away..."

17. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I agree, but those rewards should be non PVE related. Not additional resources and ExP to get sheep to flag, but titles and PvP related rewards to get PVP’ers to Flag.

18. DavidDC

lolll

19. neoandrew

neoandrew Avatar

First of all, sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian and it's not my main language.
    I usually don't comment on any topic I read. But I couldn't miss this one. I'm a PvPer by nature. Been doing PvP since forever and I'm missing it on this game. I'm kinda new to it still, but I wish I could have been doing PvP since I first logged in... or at least, not so long after joining. I remember my old days on WoW (and I'm not trying to compare games), when I was around level 10 and PvPing my way through quests, because there were just too many people trying to do the same quests. Had to group up, call for help, or even quit trying that quest for that time, or just look for a better time when there's not so many PvPers online. I also played UO for almost 20 years and I could be telling stories here for twice that time.
    Anyway... from what I've read here, I THINK the way it should be done, to please at least most of the people here, is by "tiering" PvP, or w/e you can call that. We have Adventurer Level (AL), which is some sort of a way to "measure" someone's power. It's not like any level from other games, because you could be level 80 and your highest skill be at 50 or 60. The way you play, or how you "spend" your skill points, is up to you and if you did it in a way that you're an AL 80 and can't beat a skeleton, that's no one else's problem. So, how would it work, you may ask. We could use that AL to "separate" people from diferente power levels in PvP. So, for example. If you're a level 80 and fight a level 20, you wouldn't get anything, maybe even lose karma (if that even would exist here). You could also use this principle for items. Like if someone could only use a +X item if he had at least 10X the AL of the item. So a +10 item would need a AL 100 to use. This way you can't have a AL 10 wearing full +12 gear, making it more "even" around tiers.

Here's an idea, if you kill someone:
    10+ levels higher than you = loot (maybe more than 1 piece ? the bigger the difference, the higher the chance for better loot ?) + XP + lots of karma
    5 levels higher than you = loot + XP + karma
    about the same level = loot + little karma
    5 levels lower than you = Money (with diminishing returns for consecutive kills in a short period of time) + tiny chance for loot ??
    10 levels lower than you = even less Money for the first kill, and then no Money at all + lose some karma
    10+ levels lower than you = you get nothing at all, and lose even more karma

That way, you'd have people trying to beat their own level or higher. Of course there would be a lot of people killing lowbies just for fun and giggles, but that's what makes it fun anyway (you could Always call for help or ask guilds to help you, that's what makes it a MMORPG). Make you grow that feeling of working hard for someday avenge that death. Those numbers are just thoughts, I don't have that much experience to say how hard it is to beat someone 5 or 10 levels stronger than me. High end players and Devs should now that. These are my 2 cents. Hope that helps in any way.

majoria70 likes this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't PvP. I don't much like the idea of it. 10% XP would be nice, but not enough to get me to flag. Losing items is a concern, but I'm high enough level that unless the ransom is exorbitant (I have no idea actually what the numbers are like) I can probably earn enough to pay it if I need to. For me, it's unlikely I ever will flag, but I can think of some things that might (together) make me consider it:
    1. If Avatars dropped supply bundles. Maybe at a higher %chance than mobs, but only once per color per day, to prevent two players from locking themselves in a basement and farming each other. (Which I realize sounds hilariously dirty.)
    2. If you could un-flag at an ankh while dead. The biggest turn-off to PvP for me is if I'm exploring an area, or completing part of a quest, I don't want to be bothered by also dealing with other players trying to kill me. So even if I might ordinarily flag, I would always un-flag or go FO/SO for pretty much anything other than grinding XP. But if I could un-flag at an ankh before resurrecting, I'd probably flag most of the time. If killed, my reaction would be "heh, you got me, but I got sh** to do, so I'ma resurrect unflagged." It'd also severely reduce camping at ankhs, as there wouldn't be much point in it anymore.
    Again- not a PvPer, so there may be very obvious reasons to someone who PVPs why those ideas are terrible. But it's my thoughts on it, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.