Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome FrozenFire. Oh I hope it hurries for you. There are probably many patches for new players. I am Majoria in game if I can ever assist for any new players or not new players also ;)

2. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Yeah, 600 patches takes a bit of time. Hopefully you were able to find the end of the internet while waiting. But now, you will only have to wait very short periods of time for subsequent updates.

If you need help in game, I’m new too, but have made bunches of online friends who help out. I’d be happy to introduce. In game name is in my signature, but with a little perusal of the forums you’ll be quick to figure out who will help ease you in the game, give you a free place to live for a bit, twink you out and all of that.

Best of luck

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    majoria70 likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Steam Update was 35 minutes for me :rolleyes:

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Used steam. Took me 7 Minutes.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. Tetsuo Ostrava

Tetsuo Ostrava Avatar

7 minutes is a very long time if your gagging to crack some skulls

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

In that case even 2 seconds are too long ;-) we just dont have google fiber 500mb here ^^

7. Grindlelock

Grindlelock Avatar

8. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Welcome Grindlelock!!
    Asl\k questions if you need to do so, Any Player with the hospitiler name on them will bw glad to help including me .. ingame I am Druid Galiwyn

Tetsuo Ostrava likes this.
  9. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

10. Hern the hunter

Hern the hunter Avatar

Hern The Hunter Returns

Dusk in the woods, a cool breeze wonders through the forest, trees rustling then the silence breaks as voices can be heard resounding though the wood laughter and curses . A shadow in the forest lurking behind them as dusk settles into night , wolves howl , men look around their campfire talking about the days bounty .. a young hunter they had robed and killed taking his hard earned prizes of the day . The men toss the meat aside as they take only the valuables the stag has to offer . Then they hear it the wolves howling the thunder of hoofs, two of the three men drop the alters and hide and run back to town as fast as they can. The others stay behind scoffing about some legend that haunts the woods then a thick fog creeps in and seems to dim the light of the fire and the three men see glowing white eyes shining back at them and what seem to be a great stag encircling the camp . Right before the fire goes out Someone or something on a giant horse burst through the camp wolves rushing … Screams can be heard though the forest then silence.

Hello I am Hern the hunter I am new to Sota as its called smiles , I am very happy to have found this new world. I am looking to make many new friends and go on many adventures . A little about myself I have played UO from 1997 till about 2000 then played UO off and on I was on the Catskills server in the guild called The Wolf Pack . I have many stories about those times but I am here to make new ones as well . I have extensive gaming history after UO I played EQ as many of us did then moved on to Dark age of Camelot some sci fi games and then WOW and Rift . I would list all the games I have been in but that just takes up to much room . I do have a lot of questions about this new game or successor to UO how does housing work with lot deeds and houses I am very confused on this. Also is there no skill or stat cap as of now and when the game goes live will there be one last wipe to the server ?

Look forward to see and hearing from you all good luck and good hunting.

11. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Housing in a nutshell. There are NPC towns that are part of the story - Britanny, Aerie, Ardoris, etc. There are additional towns created to accommodate more housing, often called PRTs. Then there are Player Owned Towns, or POTs.

To claim a lot in the first two types, you need a lot deed and a plot bearing a For Sale sign. In a POT you can place a lot deed at the player-owner's discretion.

There are Tax Free lot deeds and taxable lot deeds. There are place anywhere deeds and deeds that can only be placed in a POT. A taxable row lot is 500 gold per day. Row lots come with a default house. Larger lots do not.

12. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Additionally,
    No wipe.
    No skill caps, but a decay mechanism is in place to prevent all skills being GMed at the same time. Individual skills have an effective cap because the higher they get the more points it takes to increase them.

13. Hern the hunter

Hern the hunter Avatar

Thank you for your input Mugly very good info to know, also is it possable to still buy a land lot in game or rent one, also what is the lottery about? I heard thats for lots land?

14. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome @Hern the hunter !!!

You can buy deeds (taxed) starting from 85 Cotos from obsidian vendors (at least one is located at Owls Head). Cotos you can buy from other players in game with in game gold or from add on store with $). Also you can buy deeds (tax free or taxed) from other players, in that case I recommend to contact my good friend and one of the most trustworthy traders @Morgoth redbeard . Also you can buy bundles from add on store. Starting from Tax free row lot bundle those has deeds included.

You can also rent houses and rooms from other players. While you are considering all possibilities you have you can live free in my Inn which is located at very lively Player Owned Town called Ordinis Mortis.

Lottery is on hold till launch if I have understood it right. But it is way to win taxed deeds by buying lottery tickets.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  15. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Greetings and welcome @Hern the hunter ,

there are great woods and towns to explore. Have fun in this realm!

16. Hern the hunter

Hern the hunter Avatar

Just want to say thanks for the warm welcome guys thank you so much, I was wondering if anyone here can help me help a friend out I am looking to buy a highwaymen's hat with states or a Tricorn Hat with states
    I was hoping someone makes them in game and can possible can make them with some better states

Please reply to this thread or to me in game if you can make this item thanks.

Hern The hunter

Paladin Michael likes this.
  17. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I did have a question on when the game does finally go to Launch: I *assume* everything will be wiped, and we all start from scratch? As I have been playing, I've just been assuming we will all be wiped, and just discovering and understanding as much as I can for when Launch day arrives.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No more wipes will happen. Players are welcome to restart their character though. If you decide to do this you may wish to place your items in the bank. There is a one time quest reset you can choose from the town crier also. There is a lot to learn that is for sure. If I can ever help I am Majoria in game and I would be happy to help.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh ok thanks for the info!