Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Refining speed increase is...underwhelming.

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by kaeshiva, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we finally have some refining skills and that we can do something to speed them up.

It just seems though, for a skill you're asking a player to dump hours and hours of producer exp into, the speed increase is just a bit disappointing.

Normally you're looking at about 8 seconds per 'bar' or 2.6 mins for a batch of 20, give or take.
    Levelling this skill to 60 gives a 12% bonus, presumably 16% at 80, 20% at GM, etc.

Consider refining a couple thousand ores is going to take you over two hours of just sitting there pressing the 'go again' button, shortening this by 20% isn't really a thrill. 133 minutes vs. 106 minutes of sat watching nothing happen.

Is that worth a million producer xp?

So yeah, you can get it to lvl 60 for reasonably cheap and the 12% bonus ...so its going to take you 117 minutes instead of 133 minutes. Not really thrilling.

I think this needs a serious speed ramp up to make it reasonable, either that or it needs to be a LOT cheaper.
    This isn't really a meaningful change to refining speed, you're still going to spend hours and hours per week just watching the little bar go across instead of doing something interesting.

Why does it need to be so slow? What purpose is this serving?

As I say, I'm grateful we get -something- don't get me wrong, I was just hoping this would finally be the solution to being trapped behind a refining bench for probably more hours per week than most players play, lol.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Leelu, drahn, Nikko and 11 others like this.
  2. eli

eli Avatar

agreed.

i've yet to see anything which attempts to justify the arbitrarily long crafting times.

Crafting is already extremely limited by crafting XP, which is an order of magnitude easier to obtain by gathering... so it's not like some kind of throttling measure. It's just a hindrance.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

All crafting and all harvesting need some SERIOUS speed increases.
    Most of us didn't come here for boredom.........

Leelu, drahn, Nikko and 4 others like this.
  4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I agree ... they should speed up refining a bit more ...

Leelu, drahn, Hornpipe and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Wow that's it!? That is a bit disheartening and another reason why I don't craft anything. I mean this is a game right? Or do you guys get paid real money to do this, lol. ;)

All jokes aside nothing should take 117 minutes to craft or refine! 30 minutes would be MORE than enough in my opinion.

Leelu, drahn, Gorthyn and 2 others like this.
  7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

The worst part is it's totally wasted time. Literally no point to needing this to take so long. It SHOULD craft the whole 20 or however many in one shot.

Leelu, eli, Hornpipe and 1 other person like this.
  8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I find crafting more boring then the Monkey Room. Atleast the Monkey Room has a great return. You don't blow up at the end. If they made crafting faster and more rewarding I would definitely get into it.

Leelu, Gorthyn, Nikko and 2 others like this.
  9. drahn

drahn Avatar

Completely agree - harvesting is incredibly slow and it only gets worse when you go into higher areas... Sure the Meticulous gets you more items if the chance and skill is successful but you just end up waiting more and more time. The benefit to Meticulous collection skill investment is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo low it makes foraging for items really painful. Why do we need to make this such an arduous task? No reason really. The other parts of crafting are SO INTENSIVE as someone else mentioned the collection of goods does not need to be so slow or at least when you get a high skill in harvesting the time should drop dramatically. Currently unless I get a critical on harvesting (which results in a 1 second harvest probably about 1 out of 100 times) I sit for what appears to be 20 seconds minimum. This makes crafting a bore to undertake which is bad news since it is such a major component of this game.

So what am I saying, I am not saying that we need to whack the time down to zero, but definitely skill in the harvesting for those investing in crafting it should drop dramatically from where it is now to about 20% of where it is now. So if I am a master harvester I should be waiting like 2-4 seconds for each round of harvesting such as base harvest 2 seconds, meticulousx1 1-2 seconds, meticulousx2 1-2 seconds, meticulousx3 1-2 seconds. Thats still 5 for the fastest and 10 for the longest harvest. I think that is more than adequate for someone who invests in harvesting. Also if it takes so long to harvest when starting out people are not going to get into it and thus a huge portion of the game will be undervalued and without crafters the game does not work.

One more note - cant we get someone to polish up the harvesting approach to an item instead of walking around it so much cant we have a point at 0,90,180 and 270 by which we could harvest? Thats another part of harvesting that makes it so mind-numbingly slow.

Leelu likes this.
  10. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I am gonna not peep on this one. It might get worse, way worse; like maybe 7 to 10 months to grind and craft 1 measly legendary weapon when and if we get that type; like some other games I know of.;)
    So I am gonna lay low and keep my fingers crossed that everybody else will do my moaning and groaning for me. Until then I am the mound with moss growing over it. ;);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.