Rauchbier Platz - a player owned town with beer. Free Rent and Lots! Prizes!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by greenerpastures, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Greetings,

Rauchbier Platz is proud to offer free accommodation for any adventurers in New Britannia that are seeking it.

Nested within Central Brittany (use the main entrance, immediately to your right and use the "Snowy Mountain Biome" wagon) and Brittany Alleys (main entrance, immediately to your left), Rauchbier Platz is a walled town in a Bavarian style; the governor of the town, Hannah Alpenglow, misses her homeland in Germany and has tried to created a bit of home on this side of the rift.

In addition to the Alpenglow Biergarten in the main square, there are seven bars and taverns for you to rest your feet, have a cold beer and meet friends old and new. These taverns range from traditional German beer halls to tiki bars and even a bar that thinks it is the winter holidays all year long!

A range of devotionals and an Oracle confirmatory are just outside the city walls, and a village moondial is available for those who wish to study the stars.

Free Row Lots and Rooms at the Dragonmead Gasthaus

Rauchbier Platz has several row lots that are free to live in, for as long as you wish. These are deeds provided by Hannah for those that are without them. There are also rooms at the Dragonmead Gasthaus that are available as well. All homes, rooms and lots in Rauchbier Platz are rent-free, forever. There is no cost to live here - we just enjoy good company! Please message Hannah Alpenglow to claim a spot!

If you have your own land deed and would like to live here, there are many row, village and town plots you can choose from - please simply message Hannah Alpenglow and she can reserve a space for you.

While you can of course have your own vendor on your house plot, there are also several communal commission-free vendors that Hannah will be glad to give residents access to in order to sell their wares.

September Update

Rauchbier Platz is proud to have our first non-Alpenglow resident!

In celebration, our town is kicking off the first of a regular series of events to encourage folks to visit and explore our little slice of brewing heaven.

Gifts from the Braumeister

This week, and in future weeks, a vendor will be randomly placed in one of the land plots owned by Hannah Alpenglow. This could be a bar, tavern, home, biergarten or brewery grounds, but it will be a Hannah-owned plot.

At a random time between now and Saturday, September 16, Hannah will place a vendor somewhere in Rauchbier Platz, again, on a plot owned by me. On this vendor will be two Expert Crafting Stations on sale for 10,000 gold each - what a bargain! The first person to find it will of course be able to buy both. A note will be on the vendor to let folks know it is the right one and if the item has already been sold. If the vendor is found before Saturday, he will be moved and restocked with a Remote Bank Device that will sell for 10,000 gold!

Resident Perks - The Ornate Viking Beer and Loot Chest

Also beginning this week, Hannah and I will be placing an ornate viking chest on one of my properties in Rauchbier Platz. Only residents will be given access to it; about once a month it will be filled with a rare item and, of course, a lot of beer. Similar to above, it will be placed at a random time during the week - the first resident to find it can loot it. This first one will be a commission-free vendor - holy hefeweizen!

Contact Hannah Alpenglow if you are interested in residing in Rauchbier Platz.

Oktoberfest was a fun success - see the Oktoberfest page on the Alpenglow Biergarten website for pictures (link below).

Prost! - Ulrich and Hannah Alpenglow

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Hazard, Arcanoxer, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  2. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

The Braumeister has been found and two lucky individuals bought the expert crafting stations! This vendor will be moved to a new location in Rauchbier Platz sometime this week and restocked with a remote access bank device listed for only 10,000 gold. Good luck and thanks to everyone who has visited Rauchbier Platz thus far to hunt for the Braumeister.

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Thank you so much Hannah. What an interesting event idea, and what a lovely, very special town. I can't wait to visit it again, next time hopefully for some beer drinking fun. And for your Oktoberfest, I'll be there with bells on (sadly not with Dirndl on, don't think we'll get that in time :rolleyes:). Anyways... Prost!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    HannahAlpenglow2 likes this.
  4. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Thanks for visiting Helvig!

The Braumeister is back, hiding now with a remote bank device for only 10,000 gold.

The beer and loot chest is out there somewhere for residents to find with a commission free vendor in it, and beer! Go pick a vacant plot or let me know if you would like a room at the inn or a free row house; once I know you are a resident you will be added to the loot chest access list!

Good luck and Prost!

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Wow! People, hurry to Rauchbier Platz! It is really fun, so many interesting places where one could hide a Braumeister... I rarely had such a fun game of hide and seek. I know I'm up for another shot at it, and hoping many are going to join me for the race. ;-)

6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Having a beer at Rauchbier Platz, waiting for other contestants. It's a little boring if there's no-one else hunting the prize... :rolleyes:

Edit: I just resumed my search... This time the Braumeister seems to be hidden really well. We're only three here, come people, join in while you can.

Edit again: I gave up after several hours of searching. May a better hunter find the Braumeister. And if you find him, please let me know where he was. :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  7. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

The Braumeister is still out there in Rauchbier Platz, waiting to be found. In addition to the remote bank device, he also now has a clockwork monkey pet, frozen bagpipes and a bagged prosperity tool. Good luck!

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

He hides well.

HannahAlpenglow2 likes this.
  9. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Ha, hopefully not too well! I don't want folks to spend all day looking. While one person has found the Braumeister today, he is still stocked with goodies and maybe even a few more bagged prosperity tools for the low low price of 5,000 gold.

Woftam likes this.
  10. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Sometime this weekend there will be a new Braumeister's Gift vendor and a replenished Resident Beer and Loot Chest!

See the first post above for exactly what the Braumeister's Gift and Resident Loot Chest are, but basically anyone can come by and search buildings in Rauchbier Platz for the Braumeister, a vendor. The Resident Loot Chest is hidden as well but can only be accessed by residents of Rauchbier Platz.

Braumeister's Gift - this weekend he will have 20 Cotos, a blood raven pet and one other surprise, each for less than 10,000 gold!

Resident Beer and Loot Chest - this week the beer and loot chest has Cotos, a remote access bank device and prosperity tool bags! Free for the first Rauchbier Platz resident that finds it!

Happy loot hunting everyone!

Warmest Regards,

Hannah Alpenglow

Spoon likes this.
  11. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Both the Braumeister's Gift and resident loot chest were found this weekend - congratulations to the avatars that found them. The Braumeister was in the brewery windmill and the loot chest was in the Dragonsmead Gasthaus.

Check back as these both will be restocked again soon, and thanks for visiting and living in Rauchbier Platz.

12. Kyriana Nvermore

Kyriana Nvermore Avatar

Hannah-- its super awesome that you do this. I so love your little town.

13. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

More goodies to celebrate the new release with Oktoberfest items!

Sometime this weekend there will be a new Braumeister's Gift vendor and a replenished Resident Beer and Loot Chest. I am going to keep the items a secret this time, but you won't want to miss out on looking for them!

See the first post above for exactly what the Braumeister's Gift and Resident Loot Chest are, but basically anyone can come by and search buildings in Rauchbier Platz for the Braumeister, a vendor. The Resident Loot Chest is hidden as well but can only be accessed by residents of Rauchbier Platz.

Also, every resident of Rauchbier Platz will be receiving an ornate beer krug in their in game mail, as a thank you for living in our fair little town. Want to reside in Rauchbier Platz? Simply come take an open lot or message Hannah Alpenglow for more details!

14. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

In anticipation for the 2017 Weihnachten Party at Rauchbier Platz on December 14 (see this post for details) the Braumeister will be back sometime this week with holiday gifts stocked on him; he is a vendor that is hidden somewhere in Rauchbier Platz with rare goodies at extremely low pricess. See the first post above for details, and come visit Rauchbier Platz to look for him!

The Rauchbier Platz resident loot and beer chest will also be restocked - only residents of Rauchbier Platz can access this chest with free rares, COTOs and the like (and beer!). Interested in becoming a resident? Come to Rauchbier Platz and pick out any open lot, or contact Hannah Alpenglow if you want a specific spot or if you would like one of the FREE row houses that are available, including a golden greenhouse.

Happy holidays everyone!

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  15. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

The Braumeister was found by a few different people over the weekend, as was the resident loot chest - thanks to everyone that came by Rauchbier Platz to visit and search for the elusive Braumeister!

The Braumeister will return and be restocked soon, so check this thread to see when he might show up next.

Datendrache likes this.
  16. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

The Braumeister will be back sometime this week for the first time in 2018; he is a vendor that is hidden somewhere in Rauchbier Platz with rare goodies at extremely low pricess. See the first post above for details, and come visit Rauchbier Platz to look for him!

The Rauchbier Platz resident loot and beer chest will also be restocked - only residents of Rauchbier Platz can access this chest with free rares, COTOs and the like (and beer!). Interested in becoming a resident? Come to Rauchbier Platz and pick out any open lot, or contact Hannah Alpenglow if you want a specific spot or if you would like one of the FREE row houses that are available, including a golden greenhouse.

Have I mentioned there are currently only 3 residents in town? Come join in the fun by becoming a resident and have a great chance to get the nice treasures from the loot chest!

Edit: I am adding signals in town to indicate when the Braumeister and resident loot chest have been placed, as they are placed at random times during the week. Check the main stage in the Biergarten - if a Spooky Flaming Mare statue is there, the Braumeister is out there waiting to be found. If a stone Bear statue is there, the resident loot chest has been placed somewhere!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Datendrache likes this.
  17. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

February 2018 Braumeister!

The Braumeister will be back sometime this week; he is a vendor that is hidden somewhere in Rauchbier Platz with rare goodies at extremely low pricess. See the first post above for details, and come visit Rauchbier Platz to look for him!

The Rauchbier Platz resident loot and beer chest will also be restocked - only residents of Rauchbier Platz can access this chest with free rares, COTOs and the like (and beer!). Interested in becoming a resident? Come to Rauchbier Platz and pick out any open lot, or contact Hannah Alpenglow if you want a specific spot or if you would like one of the FREE row houses that are available.

Check the main stage in the Biergarten - if a Spooky Flaming Mare statue is there, the Braumeister is out there waiting to be found. If a stone bear statue is there, the resident loot chest has been placed somewhere!

18. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Congratulations to Brugas Khorgan who found the Braumeister and to Kyriana Nvermore who was the resident who found this month's beer and loot chest. These both had 10+ Cotos, dye packs, rare items like the Dark Kinsman Buckler, obsidian potions and prosperity tools - thanks for visiting Rauchbier Platz and see you next time the Braumeister is around!

Brugas and Kara Brae like this.
  19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I just visited your town and I love it! The occupied homes are all lovingly decorated. This town is definitely worth a visit, and not just to find prizes.

For new players, it might be good to describe in more detail how to enter the town. I personally went through the default Central Brittany entrance. Then I had to interact with a wagon which said (tooltip) "Snowy Biome Towns" to be able to select your town to enter.

20. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Thanks for visiting @Kara Brae!

March 2018 Braumeister!

The Braumeister will be back sometime this week; he is a vendor that is hidden somewhere in Rauchbier Platz with rare goodies at extremely low pricess. See the first post above for details, and come visit Rauchbier Platz to look for him!

The Rauchbier Platz resident loot and beer chest will also be restocked - only residents of Rauchbier Platz can access this chest with free rares, COTOs and the like (and beer!). Interested in becoming a resident? Come to Rauchbier Platz and pick out any open lot, or contact Hannah Alpenglow if you want a specific spot or if you would like one of the FREE row houses that are available.

Check the main stage in the Biergarten - if a Spooky Flaming Mare statue is there, the Braumeister is out there waiting to be found. If a stone bear statue is there, the resident loot chest has been placed somewhere!

And please join us for a fundraiser for The Ripple Effect that combines a celebration of SotA launch and a grand opening of a new museum in Rauchbier Platz - check this post for details, but you will not want to miss it (Happening on Friday, 30 March and Saturday, 31 March)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.