Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Bec de Faucon - cannot untrain below 80

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Elnoth, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

2/23/2018 10:36 PM
    Title: Bec de Faucon - cannot untrain below 80
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: I am untraining all my polearms skills, and bec-de faucon will not go below 80. I have not trained the specialization below it (which would prevent going below 80 I believe)
    Steps to Reproduce: train bec de faucon to 80, then try to untrain it below 80?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (12) System RAM: 24566
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6042
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.733.Date.02.22.18
    Area: The Rise
    Area Display Name: The Rise
    Loc: (71.5, 40.0, 160.1)
    Debug: VGhlIFJpc2V8fCg3MS41NDEsIDQwLCAxNjAuMDgzKXwoMCwgLTAuNjg5LCAwLCAwLjcyNSl8LTE1MjcuMDc1fDE3LjYzNjYxfDMuNjE3OTM3

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I have an open issue on this but I probably won't be able to get to it this release. The planned fix is to make it so you can untrain a skill to 0.

3. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sir Grant
    Nah, I don't think that is quite fair. We already had a task assigned for this. We understand that having a skill at 40 after unlearning (due to pre-reqs) isn't really a big deal. That's actually very little xp. But get a 10x skill at 80 you cannot level down, is.
    We can only do so much in a massive build like this :) It requires a design change with such a high pre-req in mind.

I just didn't understand what you meant exactly at the time as a bug report because that's how it has always been designed for all skills. But I understand what you are talking about now based on your reply here.

It would have been great to have been included in this release but truth be told, we couldn't get something done with the tech in mind THAT quickly. I'm still blown away by how much content Chris did do for this release. :)

5. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Sorry Lexie, I didn't mean to imply something negative (wasn't taken seriously IS a rather poor choice of words), other than after you asked me to add more info, there was no more response. Lexie, I apologize again. I know you all work very hard and we appreciate you!

6. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

This also mean: On level 0 the skill is dismissed and one can start to unlearn his parent below the pre-requisite? So one can unlearn a complete tree? @Chris
    This would be great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.