Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Air Mage - not happy about buff changes

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Xee, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Yeah and? It is not damaging. Air magic is really powerful and if you fizzle you just press the button again. Also you and I know that you can get the fizzle chance even lower when you are a dedicated mage ;) You are a hybrid... You cant have all of air magics power. It was implemented exactly so it doesn't become too powerful when used with a melee or ranged weapon.

2. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I would prefer instead less damage, less stun and less fizzle chance.

Athanil likes this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

That would make air no longer a viable school for mages though. :'(

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Air goes with archery mostly because we were told it does. Dex + the glyphs you can make via air/archery combo.

What I find odd is that a wooden wand gives you fizzle reduction and a wooden staff gives you fizzle reduction but a wooden bow gives you a huge penalty. Is it the string? ;)

Since the game suggests air and archery go well together then the fizzle penalty on bows should not apply to the air tree.

Kara Brae, Barugon, Numa and 2 others like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I want the damage the same and the stun the same but less fizzle....for bows :)

And Archers have to keep on the move so it not that wise having to stop and cast all the time, especially when you cant even get a no fizzle chance when stopped, mines at 25% fizzle in full leather when stationary, and over 50% when moving :(

If less damage and stun then its not really viable for me, especially the stun..its just enough now and I'm nearing 110 on cl and the stun bits to try and raise it some. Seems attunement is the main key to length mind.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Wands and Staves are tools for mages. The Bow is not a "Mage-Weapon".
    Following your argumentation: Why does a mace raises fizzle chance, it is also a bludgeon weapon like the wand and the staff?

Archery + Magery is a hybrid, so you have drawbacks. What you want is full archer + full mage.

7. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Air specialization needs to offer a lowering of fizzle chance for air spells. Movement penalty is way too high for a movement based circle.

8. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I do air and wear chain/cloth hybrid with zero fizzle chance. I dedicated a huge xp number to the focus tree which helps.

9. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

This is not a news, who is complaining here is complaining about using a weapon or a shield in full cloth, we see everyday chain chest rest cloth air mages and this is possible also without overskilling focus.

10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It depends on what is meant with "Fizzle chance from equipment", for me it would be 8% from shield (equipment) + 45% = +11,6% fizzle (shield with air) minus wand (-10%) = +10,44%.
    But it can also be meant 8% + 45% - 10% = 43% fizzle.

That either means they have forgotten the clothes or did too much to the hand-equipment.

11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Did you read what I wrote? I get the impression you didn’t.

12. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I was trying to offer help. If my help was not helpful, it was at least polite, kind and offered in a spirit of helping others.

FrostII and Rada Torment like this.
  13. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Sounds like chris is putting soft caps on every single thing in the game, as a way to easier balance.

So the higher you get in a stat, the less beneficial it becomes.

14. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

He said a long time ago that those values above 100 hardly increase anymore to keep things balanced. We had earth mages with 1000k+ HP one shotting people regularly.

Valor likes this.
  15. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

has read it.
    You mean that Air is listed under magery is an accident, should be listed in the archery tree (weapon section). Since the game want it like this. It is not meant for mages.
    You also said bows should reduce fizzle chance because wood is used. Speers, Axes, Maces, ... uses also wood. However, bows are not mage-weapons, so the have no bonus toward magery.
    You have choosen a hybrid, be happy that you can be a full archer. There are no drawbacks due to magery.

16. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Your help is well accepted, do not get me wrong, Was just pointing out what was the real problem in my opinion.

17. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Since I had never tested low end effect I stripped all my gear off except for weapon and looked at the numbers:

67 Strength Stone Fist 50-72 Damage
    100 Strength Stone Fist 52-73 Damage

So while there is slightly bigger increase of 2 on the low end (and still 1 on the top end) the scaling is poor even at low strength levels. Using that same baseline when I buff my INT from 56 > 81 takes the damage up to 53-77 by comparison

disynthetic and Antrax Artek like this.
  18. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I for one appreciate you showing information, as opposed to reporting anecdotal hearsay.

Elnoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.