Advice Please on Training both Melee and Archery

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Gorthyn, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

My Avatar is melee based and from when I started in game have concentrated primarily on those skills.

However I was wondering if I could also train up archery to enable me in some circumstances such as defending from a town wall for example ?

Would this mean I bork my character in some way or is it simply a case of meaning that I can become equally proficient in both (given sufficient grinding) without compromising the other ?

Numa likes this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Gorthyn likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

You can do both and you don't have to be that deep in the archery tree to be a good secondary archer

Gorthyn likes this.
  4. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

- yes, you can train both.
    - becoming equally proficient is possible but not likely (top-grade skills need many pts to achieve and maintain)
    - switching equipment during battle (e.g. pulling with bow and melee with sword and shield) is not easy in SOTA as it is in other games
    - it's common to have one weapon-proficiency and some magic-skills as backup as long as it not against your armor (heavy metal and magic doesn't go well together)

5. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

I trained in archery first and neglected my staff skills. I found situations where I got along fine with archery. But I'd run out of arrows and quickly die. I recommend maintaining both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.