Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cloaks and other garments cutting through body - Still an issue!

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I don't ever wear cloaks either because of this. Sadly since they have limited staff to work on these kinds of things it's unlikely to get fixed anytime soon. I think it's partly a Unity 3D issue but hopefully, it solves eventually. I find it very unlikely that it'll be solved for launch since there are more pressing issues. If it makes you feel any better there are a lot of games where clipping is a major issue. A lot of games don't even show the items on characters because it's too hard to deal with all the various types of clothing interacting with each other.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  2. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Everyone that stops wearing cloaks better watch out. When it drops down to 3% usage cloaks will be removed.

But is it something that still make sense? Whoever wrote that is still with the company?

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You also can use "Options" --> Video --> "Cloth Simulation". This works for your own Cloak ;)

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

This is not ok!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please don't implement it in the game, if it is going to look like this. Personally, I'd rather not have these garments than have them laying around in some container because they are unwearable.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I have no idea the difficulty behind fixing something like this, but would be ecstatic if I could go back to wearing a cloak with fur trim. Currently, if I try and wear one the cloak "floats" above my plate armor and the armor "clips" through the fur part.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How do other games that use cloth simulation make it look correct? Why can't Portalarium get it to work right?

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Even the cloaks in the kickstarter video looked better. Further above in this thread someone pointed out that Unity is to blame. If they had chosen another platform we might not have the problems.

I don’t have a screenshot, but when my avatar runs wearing the long kilt (crafted version), the skin of her behind peeks through.

9. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

U can fix this in the shader with a culling-alpha flag: Usually, u dont need 8 bits of alpha in the textures, so u can use 1 bit for culling-priority: If a texture has that flag set, its rgb-part will dominate all reasonable close vertices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.