Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Npc's seem to phase out, disappear.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Stellos Hayford, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Hail,

In the Blood River Outskirts scene, (peaceful) npc's such as Gus and the elves at the elven camp seem to phase out at times. This makes picking up and handing in quests tedious, and at times impossible. I have noticed that -sometimes- logging out and back in causes them to reappear, but that is not always the case. Other players are experiencing this issue too, as I have had fellow adventurers private messaging me, asking if I can see the npc's.

Thanks!

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Stellos Hayford
    We couldn't repro this in build 735. Please let us know if these issues continue.

4. relic2

relic2 Avatar

I can confirm this. I am logging in and out trying to get them to spawn. Sometimes just one spawns. Sometimes none. In fact I had no idea there were other people even there until last night I loaded in and the camp populated. Right this second I only have Vallnia. No other NPC.

5. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Yup, just saw the same thing in Blood River Outskirts. None of the 'set' NPCs populated, only the randomly generated (vigilantes). On build 735, OS X.

6. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Blood River Outskirts:

Thursday 2/22/2018: all NPCs in the Vigilante encampment as well as Gus the automaton missing.
    Friday 2/23/2018: Most NPCs in the Elven Refugee camp missing.

Only thing to "repro" this was logging in.

This makes Blood River Outskirts rather unplayable.

7. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

I can confirm that i yesterday logged in in Bloddriver Outskirts and that exept the hostile randoms the area was empty.

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Also can confirm unpopulated Bloodriver Outskirt is still available in 735.
    It happens also on QA, one time.

Switched to FO, to get a new instance. Spawned in Elven Camp. The camp was populated, but Riverside Landing and Vagiliante Camp does not. When all Avatar left the Elven Camp, it becomes depopulated.
    A other Avatar switched to SO mode near the Vagiliante Camp. Vagiliante Camp was populated after that.

It seems, that only this NPC are populated near the spawnpoint of the host. Once all Avatar left this area (not the zone/instance), and the area can go to sleep, it will not wake up again.
    NPC that has a trigger "Avataer near" still spawning.

Update:
    The same with offline mode. You need leave the game to main menu to get NPC spawned near spawnpoint. Anything else is missing, this inlcudes also other zones.
    Started in Endurance, all NPC near are there. Walked to Bloodriver = depopulated, Aerie the same, Longfall Woods, ... when i came back to Endurane = depopulated.

Hard to imagine there is no repro....

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  9. jfatino

jfatino Avatar

Can confirm, 735, all "set" NPCs are missing in Bloodriver Outskirts

10. Vorat69

Vorat69 Avatar

I can confirm this yesterday. But it was not localized to just Blood river. When I went to our City of Veritas Santuary the Town Crier and Banker started to experience the same issue. I left that town to go to Vertas and all the npc had gone as well. But that is all I can add to what Catweazlex has already said.

Edit: it should be known that while experiencing this issue in the city and in vertas I was either in Friend only or single play multiplayer mode.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  11. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

The problem is that there is no specific set of actions to "repro" for this... all you have to do is log in then move around an area to a point of interest that SHOULD have NPCs. Once you get outside of your initial logged in area, those NPCs tend to not be there. This does not seem to apply to aggressive humanoid MOBs, but to friendly and quests necessary NPCs.

12. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Best for repro is restarting/starting the instance, see npc near you, walk around see the missing npc, come back und see the npc from the point you started are also gone / not there.
    In Multiuser Online usally someone held the instance open, and as long someone is near your starting location, this npcs will not disappear.

If you need the npc, walk to their location and switch between SO and FO, that should restart the instance for you and spawn the npc near you.

13. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

its still continueing encountered an noc merchant yesterday in knights watch who dissapeared.

14. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

Just entered Blood River Outskirts. Anyone wanna buy a whole village from me?

https://imgur.com/a/zg2ET

2/25/2018 1:50 PM
    Title: The Great Vanishing
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? jess
    Details: A bit undercrowded
    Steps to Reproduce: Log in, go to Blood River Outskirts
    User Specs: good looking
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16035
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 GPU RAM: 1136
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.735.Date.02.23.18
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (347.5, 81.8, 201.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzNDcuNDksIDgxLjgxNiwgMjAxLjQ1OCl8KDAsIDAuMDc4LCAwLCAwLjk5Nyl8LTM1MS4wMzYzfDEzLjgxNTY5fDE4

15. Artimax

Artimax Avatar

I guess I was down in a sub forum when I searched, but I am also running into this issue.

16. Krundrack

Krundrack Avatar

this is a fairly major issue as the npcs are missing and quests cannot be completed. I wasted several hours looking for info in the vigilante camp like the quest told me too...only to find out the NPCs in the camp were missing. I expect more for a pre-release patch.

17. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

NPC's phasing out, the food in the vigilante camp is invisible and cannot be interacted with.

Workaround is to change modes, switch from multiplayer to single etc makes them appear, but the food in the camp does not re-appear and stays invisible and non-interactible.

The Oracle when starting out doesn't react when you want to change paths from the suggested one, and the path stays fixed to the Oracle's suggestion.

18. Aryuke

Aryuke Avatar

Having same problem after creating a new character, and now i cant go on...

2/26/2018 8:23 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16325
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 1948
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.736.Date.02.26.18
    Loc: (349.6, 82.9, 192.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzNDkuNTk0LCA4Mi44NTcsIDE5Mi4yMzkpfCgwLCAwLjg5NCwgMCwgMC40NDgpfDEyNi44NDY3fDExLjQzOTQyfDEyLjg2MTQ3

19. brypie84

brypie84 Avatar

2/26/2018 7:20 PM
    Title: same problem but guards are there....not sure if all
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4) System RAM: 12173
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 3171
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.736.Date.02.26.18
    Loc: (346.9, 81.7, 197.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzNDYuOTAxLCA4MS43MywgMTk3LjE2Myl8KDAsIC0wLjkxMSwgMCwgMC40MTIpfDYuNDE5Nzk4fDE4LjI1MDA1fDEzLjk5OTg5

Edit: today i loged in and town people where in blood river camp....i walked to eilliana and she wasnt there still ....i switched to single player online and for the first time i was able to see eilliana and do the starter blood river quests ....wooot ..... or compleet that one and get some more infos about the lands .......love the game so far though like 5 days in

Edit 2: well i walked back to the camp and just guards .....poop.......gunna have to go to new starter place not sure what to do

Final Edit: switched to normal online in the camp and still no people just some guards........switched back to single online and town people are back .........then i whent to eilliana again and she and her guards are gone............this sucks i dont whant to leave blood river outskirts till i help these elves out.....but i might miss importaint stuff so im on hold for now ...... just be skillin up ........again just whant to say love the game seems like lots of fun stuff to do

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  20. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Still happening in build 736

2/26/2018 6:12 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Reload the scene, this is part of the blood river outskirts quest line
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 15948
    GPU: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 2048
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.736.Date.02.26.18
    Loc: (321.7, 70.8, -136.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzMjEuNzE2LCA3MC43NzgsIC0xMzYuMDI3KXwoMCwgMC43NTcsIDAsIDAuNjU0KXwtMTcwMi4xNDZ8MzYuMDI2OTd8My4wNTAxMw==

I am stood next to where I think the food rations should be as I can walk into an invisible barrier in the Vigilante camp, but not interact with it no matter how many times I reload into different player modes.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.