Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Grannus Colussus - Poison Bog Unpassable

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Title: Grannus Colussus - Poison Bog Unpassable.
    Reproduction Rate: 5/5 deaths.
    Blocker? Yes, cannot pass to rest of the scene.
    Details:

Earlier today I was by the Grannus Colussus statute farming mobs. This is at least the third time I went to the scene before this most recent publish (2/27/2018 737). Prior to this I had died a few times to NPC mobs, or zoned out and back in after unloading loot. I must have passed through the Poison Bog 10 times in the last 2-3 days without incident. I could jump on the log, traverse, and if I fell in the poison water, I could run to the side and heal up and continue on. I never died due to the Poison Bog before publish 737.

Now you cannot pass through the Poison Bog. It appears that the area of poison has been enlarged (both laterally and vertically). This means that as you approach the water, the poison starts to damage you. It is most notable with the NPC mobs that are near the water's edge. They die instantly when they spawn.

If I make it to the log bridge above the water (before I could walk on to it and take no damage - now, as you approach the logs you take damage), running on top of it does not save you. You take damage walking on the logs.

I do not imagine anyone with less than 600 health could survive running across. If the land is no longer safe, then even the patches to the sides that you could run to in order to heal yourself are useless. This is a long Bog, so I cannot see anyone successfully running across. If there were another way to the back end of the zone where the higher level mobs are located, this would just be an annoyance. But as it stands it seems to block the scene.

Steps to Reproduce: Get to the Poison Bog and try getting across.

User specs: AMD FX 9550 CPU, 2 x AMD R9 Fury GPU's, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 250GB SSD. Windows 10 with latest updates.

Bow Vale likes this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Ive just been killed by this and lost loads of xp, i only jumped on the log and never touched the water. Also the npc's that spawn close to it die immediately.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Grimbone likes this.
  3. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Same, and I do have over 600HP I didnt make it up onto the log before I died it seems like the tick rate is many times higher as well.

As above, this is another reason decay needs to not exist.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  4. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is awful and super weird.. some people taking the damage, some not, and it's definitely in the wrong place.. workin on it! So sorry anyone who died, no one's touched this in months so must be some supporting system.

Lexie and Bow Vale like this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Magnus Zarwaddim
    Thank you for reporting this to us. I'm sure this was very frustrating to deal with...hang tight please. We currently do not have any known workarounds so please keep yourself safe until the fix, please.

6. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

If it helps, there were some places in South Fetid Swamp where the poison field was excessively large. Some resources were unharvestable and the poison effect seemed to extend far beyond the poofs.

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Someone mentioned in another post that the Tower of the Shuttered Eye (sic?) also had a problem with poison being applied excessively. Thanks @Lexie for the updates.

8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.