Little disappionted and feeling suckered due to prosperity pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Vaylgar Vexsian, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

Lord Vaylgar Vexsian Avatar

Just wanted to say as much as I love the game, the developers and Richard Garriott being someone Ive followed for over 25 years now, I was to say the least a little disappointed when today i got a email they put up a pack of the prosperity weapons into one kit, and Ive been buying them as they are released and paid a lot more for them, I mean you guys had to know you were going to do something like this, couldn't you have at-least given some warning ?
    Really feel like I was suckered there in a way, there is no upgrade option for those of us who are missing 1 or 2 of them and already paid more then the entire pack of six is selling for.

I am not complaining but all the money Ive sunk into this project as a individual I think Ive earned the right for a post about this in the forum.
    All I can leave you with is its not wise to make the people who support you so loyally feel like they are being taken advantage of at every possible turn after investing a lot of money by game standards into this game we are trying so hard to support you guys in creating shroud, because so many of us loved Ultima and grew up with RGs games in our lives.

Not everyone has money falling out of our arses and are really putting forth more then most people by far ever would for a game we believe in.
    Sorry for the rant but I had to post this since I'm missing some of the parts of the pack and Ive already spent way more then the pack costs , its truly frustrating.

licemeat, Derium, Lebowski and 4 others like this.
  2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I agree. I will not buy anything else until late late late in the development because this is just like a poke in the eye to me also.

3. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

You are smart to be patient Derek. I bought items early on too, but I don't mind having duplicates to sell.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Well not so smart since I only need 2 more tools hehe but yes it kinda gave me a pang to see this pack come out now instead of in the beginning. Don't like to complain about things but it's how I honestly felt.

5. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

Well I guess that makes me stupid?
    Well I might wouldn't mind either, if I had tons of spare money burning holes in my pocket, and at that point if I knew they would be trade-able items in game, however I doubt anyone would pay much in game for them, id rather use the money toward hitting my pledge goal before launch.
    Not sure if you meant it that way but insinuation is there now , and honestly had this been any other game I would have expected something like this and would have waited but being this game and who makes it I never expected it here. I can assure you I didn't buy them out of impatience, especially since we have almost a year until launch.

6. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

It really does.

7. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

You and I both if so.

8. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It's only a $10 discount guys... or buy five, get one free. Each item is $10, or you can get the pack of six for $50. It's not "a lot more", it's $1.26 more per item.

Perhaps it would have been wise to include that as an option... if you've already bought five, you get the last one added automagically. But that would require coding, which I think is better spent on the game itself, or creating more goodies for us.

The discount on pledge tiers, I understood the upset about. This one, over $10, really baffles me.

Mordecai likes this.
  9. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'm upset that it takes way fewer clicks now.

Mordecai, Talton and Joviex like this.
  10. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Can we all please just start understanding that the add on store will act like any other store, and what you pay today may not be what you pay tomorrow? (be it higher or lower)

Astrobia and skinned like this.
  11. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I'm happy to support and pledge money for this game but when items are released and then discounted upon discounts without the game even being released yet something does feel a bit off.
    I'd appreciate a little more thought from the Dev's on this before going down this path please as it does rub me the wrong way as it no doubt does others.

This is only a minor gripe and the dollar value at the end of the day is insignificant, I just find this to be a poorly thought out idea.

12. RTM

RTM Avatar

I've decided to wait until the end to see what I want as well. Pledged 800 for a knight level and then they offer a town lot for $450? $900 for a town lot I could understand but $450? Not feeling so good about it now. Wish these guys the best but they are really not treating some too well.

13. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

Like I said , not all of us have money falling out of our arses, and im really glad for you 10 dollars means nothing, but many of us it does, not to mention the principal, you may not agree because 10 bucks isn't anything to you, but that doesn't make it irrelevant for everyone, Ive earned my right to post my opinion here where they belong for the devs and more then anyone Richard to read, you can belittle my post as you say "its only 10 dollars" but you're wrong.

licemeat likes this.
  14. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Keep in mind that the lots aren't tax free and we still don't know what that tax amount is going to be. Plus, I personally don't care for a lot of the house designs on the addon store. I think the founder/benefactor ones are much better for my tastes.

15. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Edit...
    Nevermind. I didn't see the person that talked about the house. I thought it was just the Prosperity pack talk.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Except it's $450 for a TAXED town lot. Additionally, instead of a standard one-month-to-reverting activity requirement, Citizen level backers have a generous five month window, and every level above that (digital Edelmann, Edelmann, Knight, etc.) gets you an extra month... meaning at Knight, you can leave the game and not play AT ALL, with NO gold in your bank, for 7 months and 29 days and still come back to find your house precisely as you left it. That's a pretty big benefit. And that's entirely discounting all the OTHER yummy stuff offered at the various Citizen+ pledge tiers.

17. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Whoah, hey... chill with the animosity, please!

I never said $10 was nothing. I can't afford ANY of the prosperity items right now, because the first $10 is too much for me. So don't assume that just because I don't agree with you means I "have money falling out of my arse". -.- I'm just saying that $10 is not worth the animosity and anger.

Numa and Dame Lori like this.
  18. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

I really dont see this train of thought when the game is still a year from being released honestly, if the game were released already I could see that yes, but we are no where near that point and obviously the majority of people feel the same way and I am the ultimate fan boy when it comes to Richard Garriotts games for the last 25-30 years but right is right and wrong is wrong no matter how you try to justify it, the game isnt even out !
    And I do understand holiday bonuses , events and specials but that's not what this is at all, I find your point you are trying to make rather moot in this matter.

19. RTM

RTM Avatar

I hear what your saying NirAntae but still.... something doesn't feel right about how they are going about releasing things. Maybe we should be able to reset what we pledged for and move it around at will. Keep the money in the game but let us decide what to do with it at any given time to a point.

Numa and derek6665 (Baldrith) like this.
  20. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Now THAT I totally agree with, and wish for the same.

For instance, I bought a viking village home when I thought I would not be able to pledge above Citizen. I got bumped up to Knight for my birthday, and I would love to be able to switch that $50 from the viking home, which I now will not be using, to the prosperity pack.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.