City and Town lots available in add on store

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by RTM, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

$1000 for a house plot you can easily lose if you don't "pay" (possibly grind) the rent? I've got a lot of faith in the game but the housing system is clearly aimed at a whole other social demographic than the rest of the playerbase.

Alexander and Ara like this.
  2. RTM

RTM Avatar

I thought you kept the plot deed and house if you don't pay rent. You just lose the placement.

Derium likes this.
  3. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I believe you are correct @Talton. As far as I know, if you don't pay the rent your house and the items within pack itself up into a deed that is placed in something like your backpack or some storage place you have (bank?). You lose the plot, but keep the deed, house, and items. Then if you can ever place it again everything will be there as if you hadn't touched it. I think the same thing happens to backers that have a rent free plot. If you aren't active in game for 6-months(?) then the deed, house, and items will be packed up into some container and you lose the plot, but keep everything else.

Not 100% sure as I don't have a source, but if anyone does that would be great. Also, nothing is set in stone so who knows for sure what will happen.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Yes but it is the LAND that is limited. You might still own a deed that lets you place a plot, but that doesn't mean anything if there is no open land to use that deed on.

Ara likes this.
  5. RTM

RTM Avatar

Valid point Ashlynn.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yeah, I can't put down 1k for a plot that I could lose if I get sick. lol

7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

This makes me wonder if its worth upgrading to the Baron's tier o_O You could save quite a bit of money purchasing a city lot in the add-on store. For me, I would need to know 1) what the starter house will look like, 2) if there will be reasonably priced city lot house designs offered in the add-on store, and 3) what the monthly tax will be. I don't expect the monthly tax to be unreasonable, so it really boils down to the house designs. (The additional digital rewards at Baron tier aren't really that important to me.)

Jambo likes this.
  8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

correct, http://sotawiki.net/sota/Property_Deed#Reverting
    source link is on the page.

From the way I've read it explained several times you can basically pop your house back out exactly how it was before instead of having to redo decorations and item placement... if that's the case it would be GREAT for players who get ill/deployed and come back and want to pick up where they left off...

9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We made a small error and forgot to note that these are introductory 50% discount prices. That is now fixed in the add on store.

10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

That makes more sense now. Thank you for clarifying that, Starr!

Jambo likes this.
  11. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

That makes the City deed look like a steal now that we know they are 50% off, saving a massive $1050 is huge, I'm more than happy with my Town lot but anyone that was on the fence and wanted some serious real estate what a good buy.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

Thanks Starr!

Ok then they're currently priced as a total bargain. I already own land so let's get some other backers in on the action!

Anyone that wants a town or city lot, go for it! Help fund the game and stake your claim before they're sold out :)

13. xavierwer

xavierwer Avatar

Well, Im totally temped to buy a city deed instead of the Lord pledge... BUT, The fact that i via Lord get:

- Rent free plot
    - Tax free vendor(Huge for me)
    - All houses below my tier to sell
    - Dev+ Acess
    - Episoders 2-5
    - etc etc etc

When you add in the fact that i will be able to later upgrade my RENT FREE Town lot into a Rent free City lot makes the decision for me.

I will keep upgrading towards Lord, because its the best for ME.

So, to sum it up, a city deed is nice and all, but you get AAAAAAALOOOOOT more bang for the buck with pledges, EVEN at 50% off.

14. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

well they are disapearing like hotcakes! I thought about the town property...wish they would give us an idea of the taxes and how long without paying them till you lose that spot of land...since the spot's are limited, deeds are not.

15. Ara

Ara Avatar

This and the expensive price are the reasons why i have given up on SotA housing.

16. RTM

RTM Avatar

""well they are disapearing like hotcakes! I thought about the town property...wish they would give us an idea of the taxes and how long without paying them till you lose that spot of land...since the spot's are limited, deeds are not. ""

How do you know this? I am still showing all are left.

Are you sure that we get to upgrade to a rent free town lot if we have a rent free village lot?

This is crazy. If they would just let us redistribute any monies we already sunk into this game to other things with some general restrictions most of my concerns would go away. They own the game they can do what they want but some of their decisions do not seem to well thought out. The right thing would be for them to immediately let pledgers reallocate their pledge money to other areas if they choose to. Since the Knight - LotM just got screwed over a bit (Yes I think they did, my opinion) at least make a lower town pledge at $1200 and a lower city pledge at $2400.

17. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/add-on-store-conversion-program.5734/

Time Lord likes this.
  18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I don't see a single one being sold as of yet? Hotcakes must take a while to disappear.? Am I missing something?

19. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Unless they made a mistake and saw the 'Sold Out' village plot deeds and mistook them for the town and city ones? That is the only thing I could see for someone making a mistake about them selling.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Well I got all excited and bought a Town lot this morning.

I just love the idea of having property and possibly renting them out to players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.