Concerns about state of and Future of the game . . .becaue of Balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Exactly how I feel.... Am hanging around to see how it will all work out, In case it doesn't, I already have another game in mind ...

2. drahn

drahn Avatar

Agreed. Honestly based on my experience in development I would suggest R60 would be more realistic.

Chatele and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

I dont understand your concerns. This game is not released yet. Games needs time to get balanced. Give it some time (time being launched).

Being a small company developing it, it will cost more time. Just have patience.

Max Bennis likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

no you just do not want to acknowledge other concerns, there is a difference.

Pikegirl, Sir_Hemlock, drahn and 2 others like this.
  5. drahn

drahn Avatar

The concern is in less than two months it will “launch” when many people who have heard about the game but chose NOT to plan an unfinished game will finally check it out to see if it their new home for a while. Our fears are that they will get in, see some of the gaping holes and never come back. That is the worst outcome.

We all understand that today it’s not done, but based on only two more releases to go there is too much to be revised to make it actually launch ready. We don’t have an issue that things may get tweaked over time, but too much is just empty and missing.

I really am posting this all for the best of reasons - I want to see this game successful but I fear this timetable will only make success almost impossible. This is too early.

Chatele likes this.
  6. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

I'm *edited for intoxicationable content my apologies*

not worried. It will work.

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  7. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

o_O

8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I have had a nagging thought in the back of my head for some months now. I feel that almost none of the skills are useful to a respectable degree at anything below 80. I feel that the minimum end of the effectiveness curve to all skills could be brought up by 5-15%. There's no doubt that unless you are a very experienced and talented player that can game the existing system, most skills are not very effective in their own right until you get them to 80.

I understand you can make them work between 60-80, but that is not so much my point here. I feel that a player should feel more effective with less skill investment, at the lower to middle stage of an adventurer level.

As a level 100 who hasn't played seriously more than 10 hours in 3 months, I of course desire more systems for continued progression at my level. But my real concern is that I cannot say my low-level development time was as fun and memorable as new players will want and need it to be.

It was purely a race to get to level 100 so that I could be comparable to the strong players that helped me along the way. And now I don't even play, because I await compelling new systems to explore, ala specialization.

Max Bennis likes this.
  9. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

how am I comparing anyting. I just hoped for the game I wanted. You are really defensive. Jeezus

Pikegirl likes this.
  10. eli

eli Avatar

Lots of long posts so I'll briefly summarize my thoughts on balance:

The lack of caps makes the game fall apart at a certain point. It is difficult as a low level player (good) but then you reach a point where it is so easy that you either quit or play a sadistic metagame of skill acquisition.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ill just comment on the reaper thing. Ya, Ive killed a ton of them thinking they might drop a rare item (or a blue bag or something) and they never have. Their loot tables need to be fixed.

Chatele and devourerofmemes like this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Balance only matters if you are PvP'ing. I haven't PvP'ed in 6 months and I have had no issues with balance. I have found that in everything else but PvP, no matter what build I have tried (in my case, blades, bludge, bows, earth magic) I can kill stuff pretty much the same (the key in PvE being not my attack based stuff but the fact I have focused on all defense so it really doenst matter what I use).

PvP balance would come with time, the entire PvP in the game is still pretty infantile and will continue to be so unless population picks up. When and if we get population in this game, more people will PvP and things will start to balance. I'm still giving them time to work this stuff out.

Kpopgurl likes this.
  13. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I think we will see different PVP content in the future. More group oriented now we got the performance increase.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They drop Ashen Heartwood.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.