Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game breaker...lot deed cost @spoon

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by hearsehauler, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

I remember a long time ago that Pots would be available in game to buy but they would be taxable. It would be for guilds or what not but it was advertised. Is it not so now?

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't recall them ever saying anything like that about POTs. I do recall them saying they hoped to have a mechanism for players to take charge of and run PRTs though. Hence the name Player Run Town.

3. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

no, you are wrong. It was stated on the store page when you bought a pot that there was a path available in game to get a pot. It would be taxed however. I think this was to counter the p2w scenario.

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

This:

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Actually, it is still there, but for reference only:
    [​IMG]

Creb Darkenie likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yup, you're right:
    Maybe something planed for post EP1.

Creb Darkenie likes this.
  7. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Been there since they first introduced the POT's. I was going to buy a holdfast, but figured I was already in deep enough for a game that almost killed itself with feature creep.

It might actually HAVE done so... we'll see when they launch this thing unfinished.

9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I understand the ire of early backers who only invested a lot of money in the game because they were told they were buying into being a more privileged class than most future players.

However, considering the way things have developed, I feel it is a mistake for early backers to begrudge other players the experience of owning property. In my opinion owning property turned out to be the main attraction of SotA and continues to be the main income generator for the future development of the game. By denying new players the option to own property fewer people would play and in my opinion it would endanger both the future of the game and the worth of the high-end Kickstarter backers' initial investments.

Early backers still have a privileged position. Those who spent a LOT of money on the game still own tax-free castles and keeps and were first in line to choose a location to place them. Early backers who spent as little as $275 still have tax-free place-anywhere lot deeds and got to choose a location before launch.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No. Really. Just no. I understand a lot of things. Even the stuff LD is posting over and over again.
    But not this. Never this.

+100²

11. Numa

Numa Avatar

From the SOTA Kickstarter page :

Cities also have the largest and most valuable homesteads. Be aware though, that the most valuable properties are available to very limited number of players and will likely be in high demand! (Only a few dozen City homes will be available to players in-game.)

Once a house is purchased, players will need to pay regular taxes on it of course. But as a special thank you to select Kickstarter supporters, all housing obtained by making a Kickstarter pledge of Citizen, Lord, Baron, Duke or Lord of the Manor will be tax free for life!

As long as the tax-free lot deeds retain their current status as pledge bound or limited to lotteries - making taxed lot deeds available for ingame gold should be ok.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I know it was on the kickstarter page and that part is is not the issue I was trying to get to. It is the fact that kickstarter said it's limited which now gives choices to players to decide how they are going to accomplish getting a deed. I read back and did not word it to say this. My thoughts are that since this is how it is that the ability to have a place to live and even own their own property in shroud of the avatar should be a clear path and goal. Like it is not impossible but a journey. I don't feel that we have worded it so that players know their paths and goals. Instead it feels to me like we are arguing against those facts instead of making a better world in how we word things. This is turning out to be an amazing game in so many ways. With each update it gets better and better. I see that best when I am talking to new players. I get caught up in their excitement all over again. They just need to know how it all works so they can plan for that and feel it is obtainable one day. Sorry if I did not say it so I make more sense and so people can understand and I wasn't arguing against you. I know you care too.

13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The problem seems to be that there people who feel it should be obtainable in one day.

majoria70 and liz_the_wiz like this.
  14. Koss

Koss Avatar

Yes you can. I seen one the other day for 2 million.

majoria70 and Elwyn like this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm going to add here that when I was new (I started in R20), they had wipes every three months. It took me all three months minus one week to reach the point where I was able to buy a lot deed. (They were sold on NPC vendors during the wipe era.) Of course I only had a week to enjoy it before the wipe came, but after the wipe I got a pledge. I think three months isn't a bad amount of work to get basic housing of your own in this game, and from what I've heard, it's definitely achievable now if you play enough.

But if you're only going to play one day a week, you shouldn't expect to have it simply given to you.

Nikko and jyoung2000 like this.
  16. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

@hearsehauler

Hello again,

Someone else contacted me about the deal that I suggested here. The person is interested with it.

Since I sent you this proposal first and I only have one deed available, it would be fair that I give you priority, but as the other person also deserves a chance, I ask you to contact me before a 24 hours period, otherwise I would conclude this agreement with the other person.

Thank you for your understanding !

Kara Brae and majoria70 like this.
  17. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I think in Brittany there should be a magical Infinity Hotel with unlimited space. Avatars could rent a small room allowing them and only them to teleport into it. This would be like entering a one story row house basement.

Then everyone can have a place to decorate but it wouldn't grant the other benefits of owning property i.e. no private vendor, outside decorations, etc.

Numa likes this.
  18. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

was this from an NPC vendor or someone selling a POT privately owned?

19. Numa

Numa Avatar

There should be an NPC Hotel in every NPC city or town in Novia. Should be limited in capacity though to encourage players to spread themselves around. Having everyone in Central Brittany will be destructive to the regional economies Port is setting up.

20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'd be suspicious that someone with a lot of gold on hand would rent all the rooms and resell them in the forums. would need limits (harsh enough to discourage doing it with alts)

Numa and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.