Limiting of Bundle Selections

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Datendrache, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

This morning, looking at the new Add-On store, checking out the bundles, it appears "Viking" is available now and the other bundles aren't available. As pointed out on Discord, this was explained and communicated by Portalarium and Darkstarr, although it didn't quite hit me until looking at it what this change felt like. It made me feel uneasy.

Concerns:

First, the bundles seem like the "pick your origin" part of creating your Avatar and part of the fun of the game. So far you can be Viking, Kobold, Elven, Shogun, or Obsidian. In the future, Pirate and Wizard, and who knows what else will happen. What I find unsettling is that now there isn't a choice unless a player goes outside the basic player manual or mainstream game play and instead must learn about Telethons, Seasonal Sales, individual pieces to buy, etc. and wait for their bundles.

Second, "if they learn outside the mainstream" is a double concern because there doesn't appear to be any indication from the Add-On Store that alternative bundles exist. Visitors are not given details about other types of bundles, their exclusive items, how to wait for special events, or otherwise. The tabs have simply been removed. There is no information such as the pages "for reference" Pledges and Player Owned Towns.

The web page still has the text "We offer a variety of value-packed bundles along various themes." and there isn't anything to qualify that statement present, just the Viking Bundles tab.

Proposed Remedies:

Please either add the information about other bundles back in for new players to review (possibly with "not available" tags, or consider adding the other bundles back in for the people interested in picking style. It would also be helpful for an explanation how seasonal items work, possibly with a calendar.

Up for Discussion:

Is it doing more good than harm? I'm just pointing out how uneasy this makes me feel. It might not be that big a deal.

Also, there may be alternatives or fixes already in the works. Seems like Portalarium is always a step ahead of me these days.

Sincerely,

Engineer

2. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I think some additional communication about what else is available would be a good start. How would someone even know they could upgrade their bundle beyond the 3rd tier that is displayed for example? Or what they would get with that upgrade?

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the basic game access needs to be made more visible too, so people don't feel they have to choose whichever bundle type is available at the time.

4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I agree. I think adding back the tabs with just a blurb about those bundles and a schedule of when it will be available. As it is right now, it appears that this is a viking game.

The wall of text does provide more detail about the upgrades and a little about other bundlers. But, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has developed "text wall blindness". :)

I do like the idea of adding the "naked" $39 game access to the bundle page as well.

Leelu, Hornpipe and Datendrache like this.
  5. Arieus

Arieus Avatar

I have found an issue with this bundle system:

Noted: We can upgrade bundles while they are not "listed" as the bundle of the month... However... when you go to upgrade, you do not see what you are buying. As changes have come to the bundles from time to time, including more items, ect, I have a problem with upgrading to my next level at $398 without being able to see Exactly what i'm getting at that level.

While I have my own serious objections to not having all bundles always listed for roleplayers coming into the game who want a specific them... that is just an option. However, the Upgrade your package for hundreds if not over $1000 without being able to see exactly what you are getting I consider an oversight, an issue, and perhaps a bug.

I do hope this gets resolved and they put the bundles on the store at all times. I get the addon store part MIA... i'm ok with that... Merchants in game are the way to go... but buying your core account, how you buy it, and knowing whats in it when you upgrade it... Well, that's seriously something to consdier.

Arieus Coillmor

6. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I don't get why they don't just have a generic listing for what the bundle contains with a drop down to select themes for the specific items like a mix and match it's not like that gives any advantage gameplay wise. I mean the Russian RMT store still has all the stuff that's been removed here as well too.

7. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

8. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Seems legit. I haven't seen anything in the TOS that forbids this.

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I get this when I go to the links... :(

10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

how much cheaper are the items in the russian site?

11. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Looks like it's a filter built into the site that hijacks the link to a local page that gives that message. If you copy paste the address into your browser it works normal.
    As per prices dunno as it's in rubles, but I'm guessing per conversion rates cheaper.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Kabalyero likes this.
  12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

you're right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.