thought we would have gotton a char creation update by now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Character creation seems to be the same o, same o .... Not much in the way of diversity.. I thought they would have worked on it since we are going live this month. We need more hair style choices, some more features, better color choices, ability to add color to our lips, eyebrows, etc ...

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Yah every time I take my helmet off Im like "omg I forgot about this ridiculous dual-braid hairdo I have..."

Sensible hairstyles ftw pls!

3. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Agreed! I couldn't find anything I liked for yordic and eventually ended up going with a Man-bun. Luckily I don't ever take off my hat unless I need to enchant it or something.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yea, and on that note, I want the ability to hide/show helm ....

5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yea every game I have played char creation was a blast, so many different hair styles, body tattoos, so much customization choices etc.... Because they know how important our chars are to us ... no one wants to look like everyone else.... we all want to be different.... we like diversity .... TO me, the thing I always looked forward to was creating my char, making her unique .... But char creation here is so limited, and the hairstyles are not all that great .... Neither are the color choices ... the color palette needs work.

Nog, Tamsen, Boris Mondragon and 3 others like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sad but that is only one thing in a list of many, that seem to not be on the list of completed before "Launch".

Then we get into the excuse the game will "Always" be in development.

How much you want to bet that the "Custom" avatar become just a different set of choices one can get that other players do not have access too? Just like they did with "Custom" Player Owned Towns . . . wait for it.

7. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

I completely agree. I would love to be able to have purple or pink hair. Tattoos would be fun too. And I want to be fatter. Just because I am short and stout doesn't mean I can't adventure my butt off.

I plan on starting anew on launch day, so if after that character creation does get sprucing up, I hope every Avatar gets at least one free crack at a redesign.

8. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

R52 is just a candidate, there is always a chance they will push launch another month. Might make sense.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

You can get close to the desired effect with patterns!

Leelu likes this.
  10. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Yep , same here. No flowing tresses. :(

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

not the same ... Unless they make a pattern to make your helm invisible and let you hair show instead.... Easier to just put in the option to show/hide

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

A few telethons ago during QA they did mention there would be more coming. just a matter of time :)

13. Albus

Albus Avatar

Agree with OP, besides new hairstyles, eyebrows etc., existing sliders need to allow a much greater difference between ends of the scale (though I agree with some limits to avoid oddities seen in some other games). The slider effects are way to weak for some features more than others, eye slant does not do much for example.

Chatele likes this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

perhaps once they implement new stuff they will offer a free make over token to all of us for a one time. they do have the location in game to remake character as well vouchers to do so. I would guess like most games that bring on extensive changes they offer away to change / reset :)

Solazur, Oeneusc and Numa like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

16. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I'd love to be able to select a different headband color for the dreadlock hairstyle.

It's been a long while since I have created a character (I'm looking for you! - My two other character slots!) but besides primary/secondary hair color - a hair accessory color would be awesome. For non-clothing items like bows, hair bands, beads, etc..

17. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Here is a just released video showcasing character customization for an in development superhero themed MMO: City of Titans by Missing Worlds Media.

The above game kickstarted way back in 2013 with a total of just under 700k (from a 320k goal). The game has been slowly developed by a small team of designers who aim to recreate the magic of City of Heroes, a now defunct MMO. City of Titans has built its own engine and is expected to beta launch this fall.

MrBlight likes this.
  18. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

People want this for a very long time and after all these years and multiple telethon requests, they still have not include one of the simplest and most standard options in game history.

Tamsen, Alana Baran and Chatele like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree with the OP. I know there has been so much to do and I've heard that we only have one character creator on the team who also does creatures and npcs.

Perhaps one or two moments we could steal him to give a great boost to the characters of Shroud of the Avatar. Females still run very funny.

I do have one friend who logs into the game every few months and sees the characters have stayed the same and he is gone again.

While it is not the most important thing to me since I am very used to Majorias look, there are many more who are clones of her and that should not be. So is there a chance to get a few things to help our characters to look more unique before launch @DarkStarr. I always carry my signature in the hopes for this kind of individuality. So Just asking ;)

Edited

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Fei Akhart, Pikegirl and Chatele like this.
  20. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.