Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archery feedback : Any plans to fix Archery in PVP ?

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Spinok, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I just dont want to write it all again what i wrote in Chris blog, archer in pvp is Zero. As intended specialization or 25% crit dmg increase didn't change it, 25%increase from 200 is just 250 when you receive 500-800 it doesn't matter at all.
    Your best crits 300 - best crits inside you 800+, you cant kite, range of mage arrows almost 1.5x more as the range of ANY of archer glyph(and it can hit you for 500 under all res buffs) , crit math is broken, dodge dont work (with 200 difference in dex)against all polearm tree and etc and etc and etc.
    You can make even 140 level archer make BEST 5x5 gear but it would not help to win a fight now against 110 level halberd or sword or ice mage or earth mage... hm smells bad, dont you feel that here is unbelievable gap ???

If its final variant of archer in release, Than RANGED=TAIMING, and you make a bad trick with all guys who will begin to play an archer now(seems its pretty popular), in PVE situation is pretty same. Please write in SOTA manual that archer is path ONLY for new players, and recommend after you hit 90 to change your main tree. It will be at least fair.

I`m quit ranged, my bro archer quit too. Thx for this 4k hours it was fun, but two release - 49 and 50 killed it, and I see zero desire from Devs to fix it. So it would not resurrect ever.
    Ranged god gone into neverending sleep.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    amarious, Athanil, Arcanoxer and 7 others like this.
  2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I can't speak to the PvP end of things, but I would like to say that archery is a very popular skill type in this genre, so boosting it before launch might be a really good idea to help retain new players.

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Not in this game, since persistence archer always suck, the only way of adopt was MS stacking, you still wasnt able to kill good players, but they wasnt able kill you. After this changed, only what can help is 200% dmg increase, but it will be never implemented because low skill/level tamers will always say that archery should do less damage than all other trees.

Chatele likes this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

And that sux... Thing about it.... If I shoot you with an arrow , you will be severely injured or dead, depending how good at it I am.... and My arrow will hit you way b4 you get a chance to hit me.... so, then, why do we suck so much , especially where we are a 1 on 1 char? That's our downfall, so please Chris give us a boost.... at least make it so, we have a special arrow that will pull 1 mob at a time, or an arrow that will stun a mob till it's hit. ty

jammaplaya, Spinok and Retro like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

If Spinok cant do it, then it doesn't leave much hope for the rest of us :(

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you do not speak for me - as I have been reminded

7. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I think when dex math gets "fixed" or altered archer will benefit the most and their damage will increase considerably. Also the day @Chris changes the death shield is the comeback time for archers.

8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Frequency of critical hits has always been almost everything for an archer in PVP. Magic to some degree has always been required, also. Air fizzle rates really need to account for convincing archers to specialize in it.

Archery itself needs some damage somewhere (tweak Draw Strength or make Eagle Eye have a Crit bonus like the sword tree), multi target crowd control (adjust charging speed on Rapid and Multi, make Disable and Blinding effect 1 nearby enemy), and a stronger counter to big armor (Piercing needs to hurt, what's the point of ignoring armor if the resulting hit is less than HALF the damage of a regular hit?? Training dummies do NOT reflect proper testing of this).

I'm not seeing a lot about the tree's abilities in pvp since R48. Some have made comments that the game should not be balanced for PVP. I beg to differ, because PVP being balanced shows that the systems of the game are balanced, PVM or PVP don't matter.

9. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

No, our discussions with you was much more constructive ;)
    More i have firemage range of my arrow is 47 range of any archer skill is 32, Chris did you even try open pvp as an archer ? You even cant shoot and you catch arrows which are homing missiles made by Northrop Grumman and Raytheon with no chance to evade it at all(which in case of ice arrow can hit 500-800+) you even can turn on hypersonic and blink, but problems that you can blink 10 times while halberd user pull, AND HE STILL PULL. I`m metropolis governor in obsidian theme, I made a square of the obsidian fence, its perimeter is isolated, what do you think, halberd user easily can pull you into the isolated denied zone and he is outside of perimeter, pull can work 5+ seconds just pull you into WALL,while i was paralyzed, really how should we play archer if we have same speed (or less in the case of watermages) but we cant pierce the tank, but we are almost one-shotted. I was run in open PVP for hours in RISE against 3-6 Mangars solo, who are for sure N1 guild PVP . I know every side of archer against EVERY class, and even I zero. I`m just tired, I really love it I role play, every guy who was in my city will say that I love role play, but even I tired, melee is Abrams with the latest upgrade, Magic is Leopard 2018, and I`m T-34 from WW2.

10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

[​IMG]

I don't know if the problem is that archery is bad or if a lot of other trees are overpowered. I would say that we are in the second case but whatever.

I can just say that my pvp experience have always been about to flee very far, or to use a lot of healing buffs (and death shield lalalalala....), in order to compete with mages and warriors... I even tried some duels in a dedicated space and the result was the same. Trying to get down a good heavy armor user is a matter of minutes and you really need to do no mistake because any well placed body slam can be deadly when you only wear leather.

That said, special arrows didn't made their way into the game yet *hint hint*

PS : our range have been improved lastly. Look at the tooltips.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have been thinking about switching to a more versatile melee or magic build but I think I will stay ranged for a bit. I really do hate having to swap to a more efficient build in order to AOE in PVE. I also really want to start PvP but I have not heard anything good about Ranged pvp. I watched some of the tournaments and the damage just looked so disappointing.

With the sixth glyph and the crit damage boost, I am finally hitting my old crit numbers. Having a lot lower crit chance though makes that worthless.

Chatele likes this.
  12. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

i havent had a chance to pvp much lately but ive always had a good bit of success with my archery in pvp :/ most magic is still pretty strong and annoying to fight against and the new specializations are probably going to make it worse but a melee guy is kitable with disable shot / ice field and if you use blind or blinding shot you can really hit them hard

13. Retro

Retro Avatar

Posted in Chris's blog feedback where it will be ignored also :)

Major Problems with Ranged: (IMHO)
    1.) Ranged is still so GREAT in PVE, that it masks just how BAD it is in PVP, (super low avoidable damage, lack of crits, useless skills: piercing shot)

2.) From my testing: Air, Light Armor, Death, Tactics, Moon even Life.. specializations all seem to have more benefits to a dedicated archer...

3.) Poison, other then the lack of crits and damage, not having access to poison makes PVP almost unwinnable.

4.) Piercing shot, when it crits it can be just barely ok (with spec@80)...it almost NEVER crits unless it's on a training dummy. (Spec @80 should give +25% damage and crit chance)

5.) Multi-shot - I still can't believe this skill is here, utterly useless, not to mention expensive in terms: resources, cool down and focus.

6.) Death shield ... thought this was getting a nerf?

7.) Spell proc for bows/Bow crafting/Holding 2 weapons is better than 1

8.) Range is supposed to be the Archers advantage, however many spells have the same or similar range. and there are a million skills to get up close and personal fast: Bodyslam, Engage, Charge, Nightstep, Blink...

9.) Air + Ranged has some great combos, but from my experience, they are not needed in PVE, and where are are needed; PVP they just too slow and cumbersome to use while trying to kite for your life. If they could be set in you deck beforehand, this would help A LOT!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Numa, amarious, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

At one point I had full GM's in bludge (short stint with full blades GM too), Bows, life and earth. With specializations I have shifted to archery and life mostly because Im not PvP'ing right now. Works great.

Archery is really "easy mode" in this game (PvE), you dont need to do anything fancy with your deck, I lock mine now. I used to run a full draw deck (before we could charge) and I dont see it being any better at all for normal play in this game, even farming the rise (and a lot better on the wrists). Having high life allows me to sit in front of a big mob forever and manage my health and focus endlessly.

One dif I have shifted to with the new specializations is that Im now using hamstring and blind shot again since their debuffs have made them useful now to me.

Im back up to critting mobs for 500 hp with aimed shot with specialization. I love it. Even more powerful in R51 then it was in R50.

This is archery and life in the rise about a month ago:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218191702

Archery still = Easy mode

15. Retro

Retro Avatar

Did you read the title of this post? or are you just trying to be a troll?

"Archery feedback : Any plans to fix Archery in PVP ?"

Dude your PVE anecdotes and video are COMPLETELY off topic... and blinding shot specialization debuff is PARRY!! arrows CAN'T be parried!!! AND it doesn't kick in till level 80 specialization.. (you have 73)

So as you told me in another thread, "I think you have some flawed logic"

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

To be fair, there seems to be some debate- people have reported that it gives a Dodge debuff, not Parry. (Anybody confirm that yet?)

Diab Blackbow and Retro like this.
  17. Retro

Retro Avatar

Maybe, but dodge is supposed to be for disabling shot not blinding shot:
    • So disabling shot = lame bonus. Adding a dodge debuff feels more appropriate for a specialization effect. So removed the extended duration and added a dodge debuff, 10 points at level 80 specialization.
    and I don't think Chris would repeat the same bonus? so we can only assume that blinding shot is SUPPOSED to be parry, my guild mates get a good laugh at that one...since arrows can't be parried. :rolleyes: so swords and polearms get killing abilities, we get group help? ~sigh~

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hey, I'm not saying it's right or not, just that some players reported it. I wanted Piercing to give a knockdown or a stun with specialization.

Retro likes this.
  19. Retro

Retro Avatar

I know...didn't claim you did. :)
    The problem is that stun/knockback arrow already exist as pretty good combo's, (shhh seems like there a hidden crit chance with them) but with no macros of any kind, you you have to "git gud", I can't use combos in PVP, and to be honest they are NOT needed in PVE...just do damageo_O

20. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Still waiting for the day when we are getting special arrows that need to be crafted instead of the missing weapon proc. As i've said before, without any dev that's actually playing a archer as a main in both pve and pvp we're screwed. Piercing shot for example can be made viable easily enough if you just add a Damage resistance debuff instead of it ...ignoring avoidance. That one is still making me facepalm.

By the way, blinding shot is currently not giving a parry debuff, but a extra dex debuff of 10 at specialization 80. Not like i can use blind (sun tree) instead to get the same effect..oh wait..i can.

Currently i can only come to one conclusion. Us archers are die-hard masochists. Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Retro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.