Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Creepy guards in Solace Bridge

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Vorat69, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorat69

Vorat69 Avatar

Today I was changing weapons into scrap at a workbench when a guard walked up right behind me. I had been used to this before when I did not have my sound turned as far up as I did today. Suddenly I hear it and I swear it sounds like he saying it in my ear. On auto loop the guard in a husky moan says "Uhmmmmm humm" over and over again. This is just creepy as all get out. I don't know how much fun he is having back there but I am sure it is at my expense:) Now the delay is not instant but there are a few seconds between him making that moan but its really unnerving. Try it for yourself especially at the tailoring table and see what I mean.

Various things crosses one mind when this is happening.

Someone was laughing hysterically when this made it past the editors

I cant wait for some father to walk in and see his girl playing this game to see that creepy guard moaning behind her.

This guard is supposed to be watching my back for zombies. That means back to back keeping an eye out for the enemy. Not looking over my shoulder and making perverse noises.

I just know someone gonna call me homophobic for pointing this out. But keep in mind women do play this game too. In spite of what you might think. ;)

I don't know if originators of that noise the guards makes had any idea how frequent they would make it or how that would come off.

In the end I found I was quite happy to leave that area. I do not recall those guards making quite that sound until I was done with all the quests in that area. Or maybe i just had the sound turned low when I was first hunting this area. But I hope they at least space out the guard vocal activation further apart because that got a bit creepy.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  2. Bread Vendor

Bread Vendor Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback! We are currently working on new batches of VO revisions and audio parameter changes. This will help minimize instances similar to the above you've mentioned.

smack, mute209, rpgmaniac82 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.