1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Community Ambassadors Wanted!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Dear Avatars,

To prepare for the growth of the Community after the official launch, we are looking for passionate Avatars, longtime citizens of Novia, to be volunteer Ambassadors of Shroud of the Avatar. We need those who exemplify the value of Avatars in the way they interact with the Community and help welcoming, onboarding, and supporting newcomers in their native language.

We are excited to initiate this project that empowers our Community to have even more impact and influence on its own expansion and evolution!

[​IMG]

SotA Ambassadors will have a multifunctional role, being representatives and also caretakers of the Sub-Communities of a specific language. Their mission is to welcome and onboard the outlanders who are new to the Community, in their native language, and maintain the respective language forum as a fun and friendly place. In order to do so, the Ambassadors will have some moderation permissions for the section of the respective language, on the Forum as well as on Discord.

If you are one of those Avatars who can call New Britannia their home, uphold the Community Guidelines in an exemplary way, and are willing to actively help the Community Management team with this mission, keep reading to find out more about this role:

What does a SotA Ambassador do?
    • Be a representative and point of contact for German-, French-, Spanish-, Portuguese-, or Italian-speaking players (there might be more Ambassador roles in the future as the Community grows).
    • Keep the international Sub-Communities a fun and friendly place to be.
    • Be a guide and a helping-hand for newcomers and members in need.
    • Help to deliver important announcements to the non-English speaking Communities.
    • Plan and launch Forum events with COTO budget provided by Commnity Management.
    • Connecting the international Sub-Communities with the SotA Community Management.
    What will change for me if I become a SotA Ambassador?
    • You will be in regular contact with the SotA Community Management.
    • You will have moderation permissions for the respective language-section on the official Forum and Discord.
    • You will receive the Character title "Community Ambassador"
    • Ambassadors will receive a few COTOs on a monthy basis as a token of gratitude
    What are the requirements to become a SotA Ambassador?
    • You have been a highly active and supportive SotA member for more than a year and are very familiar with the game, the forum and Discord.
    • You have an open mind and a helpful attitude. You comply with the Hospitaller Code or, in the ideal case, already are an experienced Hospitaller.
    • Your are highly interested in the future of SotA and its Community.
    • You have never received any sanctions on your game- or forum-account.
    • If you already are a strong contributor to the Community, organize events or charity activities, generate valuable Community resources or actively participate in any of the player driven organizations, this will all be considered in the selection process.
    • You speak English and any of the following languages fluently:
      • German
      • French
      • Spanish
      • Portuguese
      • Italian
    FAQ

As an Ambassador will I be able to moderate the entire forums?
    Ambassadors will have moderation permissions for the forum of their primary language. They will not moderate in other forums.

Can I suspend or ban other members as an Ambassador?
    No. Threads and posts can be moderated, but no action can be taken on members. If you see the need to take an action on a member, contact a Senior Community Manager.

Once I become an ambassador, will I keep that role forever?
    This depends on you :) Ambassadors are meant to be long-term veterans and commited members in the Community. But of course there is always the possibility for you to either step back from this role by your own choice, or lose the role due to long inactivity or major breach of rules. Additionally, we are considering to let the Sub-Communities vote for their Ambassadors in the future. The Ambassador would be elected for a 12-months-cycle, but can then be re-elected again. However, this concept makes sense only if the Sub-Communities reach a certain level of activity.

How many Ambassadors can there be?
    We are not pushing for a minimal amount of Ambassadors. The amount will always be subject to change, depending on:
    • Members applying for this role
    • Members who meet the requirements for this role
    • Activity in the respective Sub-Community (For the future, we consider 1 additional Ambassador for every 10-20 active members. This is a rough guideline, not a strict rule).

If you would like to become a Shroud of the Avatar Ambassador, please let us know by filling out this <Application Form>.

The Ambassadors will not be selected right away. We will take our time during the selection process and keep you informed of updates to the program here in this thread.

We are looking forward for your interest, Avatars!

If you have any questions about the Ambassadors Program, please contact Berek or Cerus directly.

Cheers,
    Berek & Cerus

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I love the idea of Community Ambassadors! If I had any skill in a foreign language, I'd be glad to lend a hand to this endeavor, but alas I only speak English.

That said, if there is anything I can do to aid in the Ambassador program, including any changes over at SotAwiki, please reach out to me and I'll be happy to do what I can.

3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I already have so much to do with my own site that I would be completely overwhelmed and then had no longer time to play the game. :eek:

But I can do this. :D

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Right with you there. I was hoping it would include English as they need stuff too and potentially will be flooding the forums.

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Interesting. Seems similar to Blizzard's MVP (Most Valued Poster) program, and a decent idea.

More stuff to be welcoming to new players is definitely nice to see.

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Awesome :) An informed newbie is a happy newbie. Love it!

7. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

If the Greek community grows in the future i would like to participate!:D

8. Rince

Rince Avatar

I would also like to help here too but i have to wait and see how the administrative time exposure for my community site after release developed.

Of course, we continue to support the German community as much as possible at sota-online.de
    Should it later be feasible, i willingly also like to help here, if desired.

9. Corv

Corv Avatar

Sounds like a great idea! I am fluent in 2 languages and I would love to do that, but I guess I didn't play long enough yet - I checked it out often, but really started to play just a few months ago.

rpgmaniac82 and hroth like this.
  10. digriz

digriz Avatar

Shouldn't the new-player experience just be organic and intrinsic? And part of the game? Shouldn't it teach people how to play as you actually play it?

As I understood it, historically, the whole mantra of this forum has been that this isn't a game that 'hand holds'

However this post is contrary to everything ive seen here for the past several years.

Anyhow, thanks for your time.

hroth and MrBlight like this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Los! Der Job ist maßgeschneidert für dich!

hroth and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  12. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I love to help, but I'll wait until you guys need a Dutch ambassador... Though I do speak German and French, they're not my native languages! ;)

13. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Ich hoffe du bekommst ihn auch! Viel glueck dabei! :)

(Edit due to partial quote only!)

14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I applied. But something is telling me that you will refuse my application :D:p

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah i am not even going to try it :D:D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

The question is, what constitutes a sanction? Is it a ban or forum moderation of any kind, i.e. removed post? @Berek @Cerus

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I see you point but I think you got that wrong.
    Imo it's more a new iteration of the UO Seer.

hroth likes this.
  18. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Post moderation does not count as sanction ;) and is therefore not taken into account.
    Official warnings and time-outs / suspensions are sanctions, but there are different severities. So, if your only sanction is a warning for writing 1 bad word 3 years ago, this will probably not disqualify you automatically.

If in doubt: Just apply. There's nothing to lose :)

19. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

This is a great idea! It can really help non-English speaking people get involved in SotA and interact much faster and better.

The Dev Team is predominantly English-speaking so I imagine the Ambassadors can help interpret ideas from the sub-Communities; help deliver or highlight their feedback.

We English-speaking community leaders and members could work with the Ambassadors to help us reach their sub-Communities too ... so we can invite them to our events, party up and go on adventures, and sit around to shoot the breeze too. We've held a couple of voice discussions in two languages with an interpreter sitting in two separate servers/rooms talking real time between our two language-restricted groups. It's a technical and human challenge, but we did it pretty well.

Thumbs up!

-- Winfield

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Maybe Ambassadors should be elected based on a voting poll for current Hospits?

hroth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.