Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archery feedback : Any plans to fix Archery in PVP ?

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Spinok, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

I wonder when we finaly see the Kobold Ranged Weapons for Players ingame!? :confused:
    Like the Cloud Cannon, Electric Rifle and Electric Blunderbuss.

Big announced at R39, one year ago...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=69722

Numa, Retro and Zader like this.
  2. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I've posted in Chris' blog commentary, but it was scrolled away in the shitstorm of whining, bickering, and poor reading comprehension.

Blinding, Piercing, and disabling shots all need to debuff a target in a way that makes the archer have a reasonable window to cause real pain to a target. Blinding needs to more closely mirror Blind spell, lowering damage avoidance as the spell does. Honestly the spell being better in effect isn't cool. I

Piercing needs to always hurt the target. Every time it needs to be impactful. Longer time debuff for damage resist. Allows regular attacks to hit harder while active.

Disabling shot is almost fine, I would recommend that it be a small area of effect that forces you to use it differently for strategic reasons.

Multi shot could be improved just by changing it to land more arrows more often. Turn it into a shotgun cone area of effect.

Rapid Fire needs to stack more arrows with charging it. It can give 1 more arrow per stack.

Aimed Shot should give a bonus to Crit Chance. It's in the name, after all.

3. Retro

Retro Avatar

Just watched yet another high level archer with ranged spec proclaim how useless it is in PVP and is also leaving...

"No more archery. I've liked the idea of it more than how it actually was. When a six stack of 120 aimed shot does six damage to someone.. That's when I threw in the towel."

@Chris seriously give this some love... check the stats on PVP, ranged at higher levels, EVERYONE left... mostly for polearms, or magic. Archers are not necessary, because mages/melee do EVERYTHING better.

@Chris send @Vas Corp Por and @Rok Yrikk to go test it for you and report their findings for PVP balance

#SaveRanged:(

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

They said ( unless i misread ) some big cjange for pvp that will make everyone want to pvp is coming.
    I imagine all the specialty balancing takes priority for now, but maybe this is / should be prioritized for that release.
    **** if pvp gets fun i may have to jump on n try agisn. But heh.. i had 100 in every archery skill n somekne 80 in heavy armoe could stand there and simply self heal here for an hour n there unless i landed a stscked blind on them. In which they would have to heal twice. Lol.
    Then chsrge. Trip. Trip. Bla bla.
    Was pretty bad i agree.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  5. Retro

Retro Avatar

Yes I know, but last I remembered free unlearn is this month, and big change to PVP, does not guarantee archery is given the attention it needs so DESPERATELY...

So I repeat...

#SaveRanged:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.