Avatar Customer Transition to russian speaking forums and website, really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snikorts, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

But still cant understand why a Russian company is responsible for not Russian countries without asking them?
    Do they know, that's payment from Ukraine to Russia are almost impossible. Do they know the political situation between our countries? The Ukrainian government is blocking Russian sites. Can't even access their vk.com support page, because it's officially blocked by my government.
    All I want is access to my account here and to the US store back and a working in game map, like before.
    Received my salary and cant spend it because of the Russian store.

2. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

I have not fallowed localisation process development because It wasn't in my scope of interests. I did not plan to change language or websites.
    Generally speaking it is good to have different options, but who could imagine that devs will make localisation deal with "instanced" webstores, forums etc.
    Can someone recall good example where such thing worked in MMO environment?

The most outrageous thing at this point is that our private data was sold or given away to third party company without our approval.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Has there been a devs comment on this yet? Im genuinly curious ( altho it doesnt effect me so im pretty neutral )

Friend2, Humanexperiment and Mykll like this.
  4. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

So far only @Berek replied, I guess devs still try to solve "fringe cases" that came up after R51

Friend2 and Mykll like this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

These aren't simple matters, especially when contracts are signed and law becomes a conflict.

Patience guys/gals, they said they are working on it and since its legal related it will be put on high priority, we've all seen the inner workings of JIRA and know about our agile development model.

6. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

No news, no answers?

Friend2 and Humanexperiment like this.
  7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

@Cerus @Berek While not directly affected I believe these concerns need to be answered beyond "fringe cases will be looked into". This has the potential to create more bad news and unhappiness.

To put this into perspective - if Travian would bring up a website and board with limited content and my account would be forcefully transferred I would be seriously unhappy. As my account predates any publisher agreements I would look into legal help.
    Now this is how I imagine the Baltic players (and Russian players that distrust your business partner) feel right now.

From my pov these concerns are valid:
    • Why are they not allowed to access the main board;
    • When will the Black Sun website provide the same account information and functionality;
    • When will the ingame map fixed (i.e. domain forward corrected)
    • Why is there no opt-out for players that created accounts before the publishing deal was made public? there might be implications if people bought something from Portalarium not knowing that their "accounts" were already "sold" to a different publisher.
    As I live in Europe I wonder if at some day the same surprise happens to me...

Caladhan, Hornpipe, Snikorts and 8 others like this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Did affected players have to approve their data being migrated to Black Sun?

Mykll and Humanexperiment like this.
  9. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

The purchase history is empty. It's like a new created account.
    And now I can't take part in telethons, since I can't purchase in Russian store because I'm from Ukraine.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

I recive this...

Dear Valued Backer,

We are sending you this message regarding changes to your Shroud of the Avatar account.

In May 2017, Portalarium announced the completion of a deal with Black Sun Game Publishing in Moscow, to publish and operate Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues in Russia, the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), the Baltic States, and neighboring regions.

In order to better serve our customers in these regions we are migrating user accounts that have been identified as residing in those territories to Black Sun’s service. This will begin during Release 51. You will then have access to native Russian speakers for customer service and forums, and access to a fully localized web store. We expect this change to result in a more robust customer service experience for you.
    Please note that this does NOT affect anything with gameplay, your in-game rewards status, your account add-ons, etc. You will still remain on the same servers as all other players worldwide. This change only affects access to the website, including the store, customer service, and forum interactions.

Please feel free to also contact us at support@portalarium.com during this transition process with any questions or concerns.

Thank you from the Shroud of the Avatar team!

As we see this affects and gameplay (not working map) and reward status and account addons...

I'm still waiting for what Port will be offered as solution, but I should note - making such large changes near release is not the best idea ...

11. Friend2

Friend2 Avatar

[QUOTE = "Nexus-6, post: 960886, участник: 156537"] Я получаю это ...

Уважаемый оценщик,

Мы отправляем вам это сообщение об изменениях в вашей учетной записи Shroud of the Avatar.

В мае 2017 года Portalarium объявил о завершении сделки с Black Sun Game Publishing в Москве, чтобы опубликовать и использовать Плащаницу Аватара: Отрекшиеся добродетели в России, Содружестве Независимых Государств (СНГ), странах Балтии и соседних регионах.

Чтобы лучше обслуживать наших клиентов в этих регионах, мы переносим учетные записи пользователей, которые были идентифицированы как находящиеся на этих территориях для обслуживания Black Sun. Это начнется во время выпуска 51. После этого вы получите доступ к носителям русского языка для обслуживания клиентов и форумов , а также к доступу к полностью локализованному интернет-магазину. Мы ожидаем, что это изменение приведет к более надежному обслуживанию клиентов для вас.
    Обратите внимание, что это НЕ влияет на игровой процесс, ваш статус в игре, ваши учетные надстройки и т. Д. Вы все равно останетесь на тех же серверах, что и все другие игроки по всему миру. Это изменение влияет только на доступ к веб-сайту, включая магазин, обслуживание клиентов и взаимодействие с форумом.

Пожалуйста, не стесняйтесь также обращаться к нам по адресу support@portalarium.com в течение этого процесса перехода с любыми вопросами или проблемами.

Благодарю вас от команды «Плащаница Аватара»!

The developers and the Players it's a whole community but absolutely two different worlds, You have no right to disclose to third parties private information of the avatar without the consent of the owner of the purchase agreement and confirmation in the old days of reserves the right the game and the developers to have advantages over the player , but in reality, the buyer of the product is a "sacred cow" and not one the court is not what the system will not support you, we all live in society and there are laws follow them.
    Разработчики и Игроки это одно целое сообщество но совершенно два разных мира Вы не имеете право передавать третьим лицам конфидициальную информацию аватара без согласия владельца покупки и соглашения подтвержденые в былые времена оставляет право игре и разработчикам иметь преимуществ перед игроком , но в реальности покупатель продукта это "священная корова" и не один суд не какая система не будет вас поддерживать мы все живем в обществе и в нем есть законы соблюдайте их.

Mykll and ChavaiotH like this.
  12. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

If you live inside the EU, any transfer of personal data to outsiders of the EU has to be approved by you. If you give your data to an american company you only approved their use of your data. If they give your data to any other company, they're fully indictable for a serious offence against Data Protection Directive 95/46 and upcomming §49 of european privacy law.

This might be new to american 'free-capitalism-apologetics', but business-models including the cross-border outsouring of personal data are simply illegal in the EU.

It actually did cost facebook 110M€ (~$125M) to learn that lesson.

Koldar, daarh, Snikorts and 3 others like this.
  13. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

Naja habe gehört, dass bald die deutsche Version rauskommt. Mal sehen was da passiert.

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

No need to repeat... it was pretty clear on the first two loops... point is overkill.

The error has been acknowledged by Berek's second message. Speculating about the issue ? Get a tissue :p

15. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

Vermutlich werden wieder alle Bayern mit Deutschland verwechseln, weil die Amis da mal stationiert waren:

[​IMG]

en:
    "Heard that they'll introduce german version soon. Lets see what will happen."
    "Probably everyone is going to confuse Germany with Bavaria again just because US-Americans got garrisioned there once."

Ahuaeynjgkxs and ChavaiotH like this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Forget about balance, PVP, combat, housing or any of the other million things people gripe about all the time. In my opinion this is the most serious issue of the game and everybody needs to realize it. There can be no overkill.

Whoever came up with the idea of assuming that everyone living in "CIS, the Baltic States, and neighboring regions" speaks Russian or that anyone at all would want their customer data handed over to a Russian company without their knowledge or consent must have been beaten repeatedly over the head with a Club of Stupidity. (That would make a good artifact or add-on store item, by the way.)

A thought just came to me for an experiment: Alaska and Russia could be considered to fall into the "neighboring regions" classification. Why not switch Alaskans over to the Moscow company and see how they react?

daarh, Alexander, Elnoth and 13 others like this.
  17. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

You know, I thought you must be wring about this and the eula and privacy policy must state otherwise and you must have, in agreeing to those, have allowed the transfer of personal data to business partners.

However, the privacy policy, as posted on the website, states very plainly:

Babai, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Snikorts and 3 others like this.
  18. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

Lol, auf jeden.
    Ohhhh ein Mass)) Ist das ein Foto aus dem Internet oder n selbst gemachtes?

p.s. und grad gesehen, dass Kara Brae aus Bayern ist :D

19. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

The highest European Court already ruled that Terms in User agreements that violate European Law are void.

gegoogled ;)

20. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

This is very sad, I hope all players/pledgers will get a proper customer care asap.
    @.rhavin Very good clarification, thanks. EU is required vs agressive data selling AoE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.