Avatar Customer Transition to russian speaking forums and website, really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snikorts, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

If they live in the EU like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania they have to:

EU data protection rules mean that your personal data can only be processed in certain situations and under certain conditions, such as:
    • if you've given your consent (you must be informed that your data is being collected)
    The person or body handling your data is called the 'data controller'. They have to respect EU rules about how they handle and store your personal data:
    • your data can only be collected for clearly defined legitimate purposes
    • the data requested from you must not be excessive
    • data which identifies you as an individual (i.e. your name or contact details) must not be kept any longer than needed
    • you must be able to correct, remove or block incorrect data about yourself
    • your data should be protected against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and disclosure
    If you think that your data is not being handled according to the rules or has been processed illegally, you can send a complaint to the data controller (the person or body processing your data).

You have the right to:
    • ask for the data to be corrected, erased or blocked
    • demand that the data controller notify those who have already seen the incorrect data, unless this requires a disproportionate effort
    If you don't get a reasonable answer from the data controller, you can send a complaint to your national data protection authority.

daarh, Koldar, ChavaiotH and 4 others like this.
  2. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Thank you for a reply, but provided answers doesn't explain much beyond what we already know and have experienced after R51 release.

"Q: "Was my account data moved to Black Sun?"

A: All account data is still stored by Portalarium's system. We licensed Black Sun in the Russian Federation, Baltic States, CIS, and neighboring regions, to provide Customer Service, forums, and a web store that have been localized for your region. We share only the account data with Black Sun that is necessary for them to be able to service your needs."

I can't really see how game has been localised for my region. Baltic states speaks three different languages, none of them is Russian. We do have Russian speaking community but they are minority in the overall context.
    There is no point to localise game in Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian languages because of scale of Baltic States. Latvia has less than 2million citizens, I guess 10 or 20 of them will play SOTA...
    I don't know what is the plan for other EU countries, but with free movement and working permitments whole EU are really mixed.
    For example I have a lot of friends who moved to Berlin to live and work there. They do speak German, but their communication preference is english.
    So localisation question becomes really difficult if you force it by your IP address.
    Also it is a big question do we rally need localisations in 2018?
    Maybe in 95 or in the beginning of 2000's it was viable move in our region to win niche market but nowadays almost all youngsters speaks perfect English (I guess I am the last generation who's english stayed on basic level ;) ) .

Issue with Ukraine is also complicated on many levels, so localisation should be option for those who really needs it.

I also think that all "localised" websites should have same design and feel as original one.
    Maybe official website could have language options bellow menu? One click would redirect player to SOTa partners website.

I can assure you that many players (those who will stay) will ignore BSP localised website and use VPN to read Portalarium news about game development.

"Q: "What if I have a bug to report, where does that go?"

A: For all bug reports and customer support needs, please contact: support@bs-gp.com"

I can state that support@bs-gp.com has not replied to my emails. I also feel that these issues has to be resolved directly through SOTA official developers, since they signed contract with third party company and it is their responsibility to find solution to our problems.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    daarh, Babai, Mykll and 5 others like this.
  3. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

It is overcomplicated through the political situation of both country's. It causes problems with payment to Russia and access to some of they services.
    I still can't understand how Blacksun can be responsible for other countries without asking them?

daarh, Babai and Snikorts like this.
  4. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Thank you for the reply, at least we see that Portalarium do care about backers and listens to what they say.

Duke Gréagóir and ChavaiotH like this.
  5. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

daarh and Mykll like this.
  6. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Exactly! Where is logic behind this?
    These guys will "localise" site for native english speakers and start to copy&paste all news and info from official site.
    This looks more like attempt to get bigger chunk of share revenues than to actually localise something.
    I really don't want to be part of this.

daarh, Babai and Mykll like this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The logic behind this is that the guy was complaining about two things :
    - russian-speaking,
    - being part of an EU country, and forced to use a russian website instead of the regular one.

The first issue will be adressed. The second one has not been responded because, obviously, Blacksun can rightfuly operate in his EU country and has an agreement to do so with Portalarium.

I share many of the concerns here, and I think that we should all use the same forums (maybe with localized sub-sections) and everyone should be able to purchase everything he or she likes but Portalarium is not strong enough to be an international editor alone.

They need help with appropriate advertisements (you don't sell a game in USA and in Europe in the same way), law compliance and VAT levy on purchase after launch. Localization is only a part of the job when selling a game in many countries. They need this third party help, obviously.

I don't know anything about Black Sun reputation, really. When I visited sota-game.com for the first time, I thought that it was a fan-site rather than a commercial one. That being said, it seems like they will improve it. Especially, I hope that they will find a solution for the Ukrainish people here. And I also hope that they will end up with a link to Portalarium forums.

But most of all, I don't think that anything positive has ever emerged when one person is using words like "shitty" or "goddamn scam". So everyone should stay calm and respectful.

daarh and ChavaiotH like this.
  8. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

Q: "Why am I being redirected to a Russian site? I'm not in a Russian territory..."

A: Possible reasons include where you are currently logged in from, and in which territory are you normally a resident. We are redirecting if you are residing in any of these 15 territories: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan

That's USSR :D

9. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

I do understand that there is agreement between Port and BSP but it is clearly not thought through well.

All that BSP does in Baltic Countries is copy&paste official info and get revenues.
    All that players get is bad service and alienation from original community.
    Black Sun got really bad props with Корсары: Чёрная метка crowdfunding

They also used stolen artwork in their website. It feels that other elements could be borrowed from other games, but I just can't remember where I have seen them before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after asking about plagiarism on BSP forums they removed stolen & blurred artwork without explanation why it was used in first place.

[​IMG]

So BSP has a lot of issues

They have 387 members in vk.com where people are raging about latest changes. I can't really see how could they promote SOTA in their own country not even speaking about other regions.
    BSP can't handle VAT's in EU countries. For example as a Russian Federation citizen to start business in Latvia you have to buy property for more that 250,000 eur or get a local partner. Did they got one? It is not mentioned anywhere.

I do agree about strong language, it does not help to solve any issues.

daarh, Cordelayne, Babai and 4 others like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

they already sold it - over 4 years ago - see the problem with that statement.

it has nothing to do with sales these people already bought and had access now something has changed

Kind of like selling you mortgage from one bank to another but in this case somethign drastic has changed, not just a move. It is like all the sudden my fixed rate 2.47 % is not variable and already up to 5% I know drastic comparison but same concept.

In the beginning when all the people bought the game this was never even a consideration, they have been sold out plain and simple. Now they do not have the access they already had, nor do they have the services they had.

Something bad has happened.

Babai, Mykll, Kara Brae and 1 other person like this.
  11. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

indeed :)

daarh and ChavaiotH like this.
  12. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

No)))
    This

Rofl

daarh and Snikorts like this.
  13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

No, they didn't. Sales and crowdfunding are two different things. For exemple, a crowsfunding project can fail. A sale must be delivered. You pay VAT on sales. Etc... Stop with your approximations, please.

14. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

This...

I bought game on Steam in 2015 and raise up my pladge to Collector, paying to Portalarium. If Portalarium says in 2015 that my personal data will be transferred to Russia I would not buy not pladges not game... And Black Sun not make ANY solution, becouse solution not in thier hands...

daarh, Babai, Mykll and 2 others like this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They "SOLD" pledges, bundles, add on items, . . . . stop trying to twist words.
    You are making an argument to each and EVERY person who paid for something that they did not buy anything? Good Luck.
    Please do not reply, it is not worth it.

Babai and Mykll like this.
  16. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

You don't have to pay VAT for crowdfunding? Really?
    BTW, we are in persistence mode for a long time.
    Everything that was sold after that is not crowdfunding as I understand it.

Mykll and Weins201 like this.
  17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

VAT are different in each country, and even in some States of USA. Then if VAT was charged, most of us would not pay the same price. Did you see any VAT information when making purchase on shroudoftheavatar.com ? or with Kickstarter ? If you didn't, there is none.

18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The only people who can claim anything about sales are the one who bought the game through the Steam early access. And the game has been delivered. Otherwise, I have nothing to do to convince anyone. Kickstarter terms of use are very clear. SotA commercial terms of use are very clear.

19. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

To be honest I don't remember, and now I can't even see if there is VAT or not ;)
    I also don't see problem with delivering. If game is released all that you have to do is just pay and download game. That's just question of marketing really.
    I can't see how BSP will manage these VAT's anyway, they can't manage all stated countries VAT's from Russian Federation.

daarh and Weins201 like this.
  20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

For customer support in these territories, please be sure to contact Black Sun at support@bs-gp.com.

Please keep on topic. If you are not an actual customer in these territories, we ask that you refrain from contributing to a topic that's steadily derailing.

Numa, Duke Gréagóir and Hornpipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.