Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Quest Journal: "Current Tasks" contains entries after clearing tasks at the town crier!

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Paladin Michael, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

2/14/2018 11:46 PM

Title: The "Current Tasks" in the Quest Journal tells "No entries", but you can scroll forward and there are remaining entries from quests I did a long time before:

7/28/2016 8:10:05 PM
    I spoke to a mysterious construct which referred to itself as the Oracle. It told me that I would start with some knowledge in the way of archery in my journey through New Britannia. I was then asked to enter a lunar rift to travel to the village of Solace Bridge.

7/28/2016 9:44:15 PM
    I told the Oracle I felt more comfortable learning the way of magery, and it acknowledged this.

7/28/2016 9:59:12 PM
    Edvard bid me take a notebook with his observations on the attack to Stanley, a guard that I should be able to find in Soltown. Edvard instructed me to take the nearby boat, underneath the Blood River bridge, to Soltown with all possible haste.
    -->watch this - Blood River and Soltown?

7/28/2016 10:01:06 PM
    I faced and killed my first wolf today in this new world, in the aftermath of the massacre of Blood River.

7/28/2016 10:07:46 PM
    I gave Edvard's notes to Stanley, the guard I met in Soltown, after arriving from Solace Bridge. The town itself is now playing host to refugeees from the attack and STanley asked me to see if I could help them.
    --> refugeees !

7/28/2016 10:08:06 PM
    Stanley told me of some people in Soltown who could use my assistance, specifically Geof in the refugee encampment, Bentley in the tavern, and Annika and Edwin in the marketplace. Finally Stanley himself requires the services of a courier were I to head to Ardoris.

Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? well ...
    Details: I used to reset the "actual tasks" at a town crier before!

Steps to Reproduce:May be the reset of the town crier has something to do with, not clearing ALL entries???

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.626.Date.02.14.18
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (87.7, 27.9, -7.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDg3LjY1NCwgMjcuOTA4LCAtNy4zNCl8KDAsIDAuMTY4LCAwLCAwLjk4Nil8LTEwNjcuODY2fDEwLjA1MDA5fDQuNTIwMDAz

2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I think the whole book is jenked. Tasks not clearing...reappearing tasks from past releases that were complete.. Knowledge section cant flip through pages correctly. Task pages cant flip through correctly. I think the book is broke

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We will be removing this from town criers since you can do this yourself now through the UI and people are confusing clearing active tasks at the town crier with the one-time quest reset.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I think this has nothing to do with the town crier - only if the Journal reset by them is the source of the whole Journal bug ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.