When is the Shroud of the Avatar release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lyndoman, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

The official release date for Shroud of the Avatar is March 27th.

You can participate in the launch fun detailed in this web page https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=83006

Note: Yes I am answering my own question.
    The reason I posted this is I want to see if I can bump off the current Google results for the search term "When is the Shroud of the Avatar release date?", because the actual date is buried in a ton of other information and it's best practice to give the searcher what they are searching for in the quickest time humanly possible and then entice them into something else.

The current listing has a "title" tag of "Updates | Shroud of the Avatar", which is blegh for CTR. I heard there is a new web design in the pipe which should address these heinous crimes against SEO, but I thought I would add this page so if I ever forget the launch day ;) I can quickly get the answer.

On a wider SEO note, the forums rank amazingly well and the title of the post becomes the "title" tag of the html web page, which is best practice, as it optimises the page for the specific search term, "When is the Shroud of the Avatar release date? Answering specific questions is something Google is used a lot for, so it makes sense there is one page which is optimised for that specific search term. Which is obviously important to Portaluim.
    Whilst the official website keeps its title tag for the page announcing the launch as "Win a Game Key with Loot to Shroud of the Avatar! | Shroud of the Avatar", the page actually ranking is the updates page, with has the awful "Updates", title tag as mentioned before.
    This should not happen.
    The page which should be number one is a page that instantly tells you the date. For those who have read "Don't Make Me Think", by Steve Krug, will be aware of this methodology.

I have made some more suggestions here for those who want to follow along.

I am an SEO and online marketer by trade (20 years) and so these things kinda bug me.

And I love this game and willing to throw a lot of time to help to help it succeed, and I think the players who back this game have a huge potential in also helping out. But you really need to sort your SEO out before the numptys start outranking you.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  2. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

I do not think it is hard to find. Sure it is confusing for new player because they use the term Release every month, but i get the date in the second result:

[​IMG]

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

go get your cloak look at what it tells you that was the release date

4. Verit

Verit Avatar

My question is ...
    Which day is better to take off from work the 27th or the 28th ?

5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Hahah... was thinking the same.

Verit likes this.
  6. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

This is the problem.

I always like to refer to The curse of knowledge when trying to communicate something to the outside world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

I expected people who already knew to say it's easy to know. But people who already know are not the target market.
    It's the people who "don't know", such stuff who need to be communicated to and persuaded to click through to the site.
    Sigh!

Anyway, my cunning plan worked, this forum thread now ranks for the 2 spot on Google for the keyword phrase, "When is Shroud of the Avatar launch day?"

[​IMG]

The page was indexed and ranked after 10 hours of publication, probably sooner except this is when I saw it.
    The point is the power of the title tag on a site which has Google equity on a page which is optimised for specific keywords.

If I wanted to go hard core I would create pages optimised for terms like, "Alternatives to Elder Scrolls", etc.

As 50% of Google searches have never been performed in the history of human civilisation, it makes sense to go for a longtail strategy when it comes to keyword development.

Obviously this is not for you, not for people who read this forum as you probably are already up to date, but there are curious people out there searching for info, the aim is to make that information as easy to find as possible and to lead them into the marketing funnel of the game.

Haha, I am sure most of you have done a little sick in your mouth ;)

Thwip, Rada Torment, Bow Vale and 3 others like this.
  7. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

@Verit @Nikko I think both.
    One day to play and one day to sleep

Verit and Nikko like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Where I live, a friend has a couple rooms on the beach. For 15 years his keywords have included "outdoor shower." So Google thought he was a shower head sale location. I changed it for him, and now he's finally getting "beachfront rooms" searches.

Bow Vale and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.