Looking for Themed Player Owned Towns

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Lained, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lained

Lained Avatar

I've not spent a lot of time travelling to all the player owned towns just the few I've naturally stumbled upon whilst hunting for vendor bargains and delivering my own wares, most have been built up from the sporadic nature of personal housing. I'm not looking for a new home just interested to see if there's any towns that have been developed around a singular theme. Where shall I visit next?

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Sparrowfall has a primary Elven theme going, a bit of history pointing to its fishing and small Elven refugee population. It is a member town of the Phoenix Republic.

The Elven crafters @Arieus and @Elnoth currently have made their homes in Sparrowfall.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Come have a look at Rinzai.

The concept here is (mostly) unified, set up as a sort of zen conclave/retreat in the desert whose inhabitants follow the Way. Most of the buildings are shogun, or desert adobe, or other things that wouldn't clash too badly with these. Scoffer did put his crafting museums here (giant viking houses) but we've more or less hidden them with shogun walls and bamboo trees. There are a lot of lore bits scattered about, including some things out in the desert ...the local library has some information about local lore and discoveries and various 'local works'. In addition to the library there's a temple and a relaxation spa and a couple of pavilions/work areas tied into the theme. There is a lot of 'stuff' scattered about, scraps of paper with buddhist leanings, desert haiku, and so on and so forth. While only a half-dozen or so of us "live" and "work" here, its really starting to fill out nicely so certainly worth a look.

4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

The Player Owned Town of Obsidius by @Paulie Walnuts has an Obsidian theme. The town is a suburb of Oracle Oasis by @Cyin which is a suburb of Soltown by @Portalarium. :D

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I wanted to set up a POT as a necropolis. But I figured nobody would want to live in a town where putting up actual houses was forbidden. Also, I will probably never be able to afford to buy a POT.

Paulie Walnuts likes this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Theme, but I've attempted to set up Dawn's Keep as a 'real medieval town'... or something approaching it... A fortified city center around which a town has grown up over time... Perhap a bit more thematic that those set up purely for ease of shopping, or similar... but certainly nothing extravagant.

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Thanks for the mention @Kabalyero. That is correct, I have themed my town to be based around the Obsidians. Though in most places players who decide to live in Obsidius are free to choose whatever house they would like. I have designated areas of town where Obsidian style homes are required to live. Right now the town is still under construction and while it's not fully how I envision it, it's slowly but surely making progress. Feel free to stop by any time and have a look. You will find a brief history and overview of the town on the bulletin board near the entrance, and a museum for the virtues in the Obsidian tower in the front of town. @Lained

@Cora Cuz'avich, I felt the same way. I just kept playing the game with small goals in mind and eventually reached a point through playing and a bit of luck to be able to achieve the larger goal that I didn't really think I would ever reach.

Cheers.

FrostII and Lained like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Originally Wizards Rest was themed as a retreat for the old Ice Wizard Baldrith. There was even a backstory @Gabriel Nightshadow was writing up. The town now is a cozy retreat with the nicest group of players living there. Later when there is more Wizardy things who knows.

Lyndoman likes this.
  9. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Vallas, with the help of many hard working and helpful people, have done a great job building up Berans Reach. A main city area with merchants, shops, inns and residents share space within a massive stone wall. The Guild Hall of Bear Tavern in the center of it all just behind the gustball field. Two other wooden enclaves have just recently been added to the North and South and is a great place for anyone looking for a place to set up shop. Also high up on the hill is a giant circular arena.
    The town also has a complete backstory as well which I'm sure Vallas would be happy to share with anyone interested in learning more about Berans Reach.

Leostemplar, Lained and FrostII like this.
  10. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

@HannahAlpenglow2 has a very lovely town centered around beer brewing and Bavarian culture. To me it looks as close to a Bavarian village as you can get in SotA (except for the tropical party area that creates a nice accent). Inside the walled village you will find a beer garden with a beer cellar underneath and several beer bars, and all of that in a beautiful snowy scene. Outside the village proper, ontop of a hill you can even find buildings that remind of Schloss Neuschwanstein and the Walhalla monument in Regenstauf, as well as a brewery. The POT is called Rauchbierplatz (not sure, but I think it could be a reference to this brewery and beer) and is nested into Britanny Alleys. There is a carriage left of the entrance that will take you there.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    HannahAlpenglow2, Lained and FrostII like this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

So, when DO we finally get to brew ????? ;)

12. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

I am surprised no one has yet themed a town based on Las Vegas. It's only a matter of time.

Some of the dance parties people host already have a bit of cabaret about them. ;)

13. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I`m building Obsidian theme metropolis - Luna City, it's to the south from Novian market. Hope you will like it, completed part is pretty beautiful.

Lained and Nick like this.
  14. Nick

Nick Avatar

Love that town!

Spinok likes this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Dara Brae has a Celtic+ theme around it. We are inspired by a few things:
    - Celtic life in the Neolithic age (Skara Brae on earth, Scotland, and Ireland)
    - Skara Brae in Old Britannia
    - King Arthur Legends
    - Knights and the age if chivalry in England in the Dark Ages and MIddle Ages.
    - Druid life in
    - Orkney Isle and it’s Viking heritage
    - Standing Stones, old Celtic village buildings (including the grass roof and stone base - recreated with the Elven in a Hill home)
    - Nature Reserves in Scotland

All of the above things has touched my life at one point including a trip to Skara Brae, Orkney Ialsnd, Scotland in real life.

Dara Brae, the spirtual successor to Skara Brae and the Druids of Yew.

We are located in the Hidden Vale, just off the coast of Kingsport.

Arcanoxer and Lained like this.
  16. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Aelasar's Forest (nested in Central Brittany - first wagon on the left) is a nature/Elven themed town with a preference for the mystical and magical. Come visit! :)

17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair's borough of Da New Pitmuck is themed for the Goblins of Pitmcuk. Built mostly around the rustic housing look it is located in a underground scene access fron both the overland map and PaxLair at the mouth of the Briasch River, east of Britanny

Lained likes this.
  18. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Someday... Until then Rauchbier Platz has to keep importing from Central Brittany, which is less than ideal.

19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Was the first time in your city. Great job, positive, mystical, I really liked it, my wife said that preferred to live in your city, not mine :D

Nick likes this.
  20. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Aww, thank you for that. Tell your wife she is welcome to visit anytime (and if she wants a second home.....:p). Thanks for visiting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.