Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I used to like swamps, but not any more

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I used to love running through swamp scenes, but now they all seem to have the puffy poison confusion stuff everywhere.

Bye bye swamps, I avoid them now.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I thought the poison gas on swamps was an OP bug along with the other environmental dot bugs? I haven't been back to swamps since the bug was reported by Devs but had assumed it was fixed.

This is a shame as some swamps are good for gathering and a widespread OP poison miasma means much of the swamp area isn't accessible for gathering whilst offering little in exchange in terms of gameplay.

5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

(me3) I hate those poison pluffy fungus thingies!

6. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Same here. No tadpoles. No toady stools. No frogs. Not a cricket to be found. ( Takes out nose plugs.) Just sniffling , choking , obnoxious pollen and bubbly gook messing up my shoes. Pfft ( Puts nose plugs back in. ) Not to mention my wings are so droopy the inch worms hitch a ride these days.

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Have to agree. I avoid swamp scenes completely now because the confusion / poison / visual pollution just makes them annoying and there's no real benefit or unique things to the biome that makes them worth fooling with. I'd say tone them down a bit, or add something worth going in there for. If you could stand next to the poison and say, fill vials of poison, that might be an interesting option. Or if the mushrooms dropped a nice array of reagents as loot. Or if there were I dunno, wax nodes or something in there to go get, but as it stands, you're better off just not hassling with it and fighting somewhere else.

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just going to have to agree here. The gas mushrooms are like an interesting novelty that quickly wears off. There's no need to go through them at all and so is little more than a large annoying obstacle. I wouldn't say remove them entirely but definitely worth considering toning them down a bit.. especially near roads.

9. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Poison doesn't bother me half as much as random patches of confusion (yes a great trap but come on, my characters so confused I am pretty sure he puts his bra on backwards).

But my biggest beef with this games environmental stuff is the area debuff of Obsidian Golems that apparently buck like rabbits because they are bloody everywhere in PvP areas. Why? Just plain why?

Obsidian Golems annoy me x20 in comparison to confusion mushrooms. Keep in mimd the creators of this game WANT us to die or they wouldnt have made 9 out of 10 bridges collapse when you are standing on them. If you manage to dodge the Obsidian Golems and Air Elementals on the bridge as well.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree as well. These scenes can look really interesting at first but like so many scenes in this game but are missing their purpose and reasons to visit the scene again and again are not there. I just have to say what is up with that? Adding a scene to this game imo should come with reason to visit again and again. Scenes should be a stand alone adventure in itself not just a place to grind for things. Npcs should bark of what's happened there and some should have a quest or bodies can drop a quest for the scene.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  11. mass

mass Avatar

This is good feedback. It's problematic when resources lie in a gas field that become unharvestable because you are constantly interrupted and frustrating when your prey wanders into one, again, unharvestable.

12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Agree as well. A bit of overkill on the clouds for sure. More annoying than anything. I doubt they will take them out . But in future builds find something else. LOL. At least something that you can kill like the walking mushrooms....those a cool

Leelu, Kara Brae, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If you find a fixed-location node (like a tree) in the range of swamp gas, you should report it as being un-harvestable.

If you kill a wolf inside of swamp gas and can't skin it, that should be too bad, don't do that next time.

Leelu and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  14. mass

mass Avatar

Yeah, there's at least one tree in the North Fetid Swamp you can't chop down. I feel like a better solution would be to let the gas damage you, but not interrupt harvesting. That way you can take the risk to collect your materials.

Leelu likes this.
  15. Lendarius

Lendarius Avatar

True

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Kara Brae and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.