Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Previously saved game will not "Load" for offline mode

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I have a handful of saved games in offline mode and when attempting to choose one of them to load for QA 38 Build 439... nothing happens after clicking the "Load" button.

Tried on a few of them, none worked.

Also, the UI goes right to the load game window instead of going to the screen with the Resume button on it.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Follow up post on this problem...

Only options I had for offline mode were to cancel or start a new game.

I started a new game, entered the game, saved it immediately, then exited to menu.

From there, I went back to the Load game screen and tried to load an old saved game... nothing happened when selecting them. But, when I selected the newly saved game, it went right to the "Resume" screen.

Looks like the old saved game files are not compatible with the new build. :confused:

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a known issue, and one we are working to resolve so that older save files will soon be working as expected. Thanks for reporting!

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  4. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Attenwood Any update on this issue? I had a HD fail awhile back and have not been able to recover lost rewards previously claimed. I was finally able to retrieve 3 old saved game files and copied to my current system. The game does recognize the three saved game files in the load game list. The oldest file from 12/2016 says "File successfully Loaded", but nothing happens. Two other files, one from the same day as the 12/2016 file says "Invalid File Format." Just trying every possible way of recovering my lost rewards and items.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The save files may be corrupted, or simply out of date given the gap in time since they were made and how long the game has come since then. You may need to start with new offline characters. You are able to reclaim rewards at a bank with any new offline character, so there should be no lost or missing rewards you can't reclaim on the new offline character.

6. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Attenwood I did that, but any claimed rewards that were on the deleted character, land plot, House, chest in house.... that were NOT in the bank CANNOT be claimed again on a new character. I’ve tried, but not successful. I know I had other saved game files after R38, but were not backed up. Oh well, I tried at least my last possible effort. Thanks though.

Do you know when or an estimated time frame when ALL the rewards will be available on merchants to be purchased with in game gold or COTO’s? The only option I have left. Really want my missing homes and gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.