Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. ChavaiotH

ChavaiotH Avatar

I'm in. Bought it yesterday.

Rhiannon, Berek, moxiepilot and 2 others like this.
  2. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

majoria70 and Berek like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If I am currently bound to a city and it is also the city I can take and remove items from the Bank, if I want to relocate to a new town.... do I seriously have to haul all my items to the new City Bank and bind there?

Luca Xante likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Jaesun You can use the property manager for your home and it's contents. I have helped several players get their things to town. One way is to bind to the new location and then I wait at the old location. It takes a while teleporting back and fourth and of course it takes teleport scrolls but it is nice to have someone's help and I'm willing to help as I'm sure others would be also.

Luca Xante likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@majoria70 ok thanks! I am still happy where I am currently based, but I’m sure later on I’ll want to relocate.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In general, does the Journal of tasks that show on the screen to the left, do they go in order of difficult? As in, the more easier one will be on top, the harder ones (like completing a siege, of which I am completely certain I can't do at this point, because I saw who you have to deal with one day and that was a gigantic nope at this time hehe) are lower?

It *seems* like it is like that, but was just wondering.

7. GoodSir

GoodSir Avatar

Hi everyone! Just started playing a few days ago, pretty much completed everything I could find in Blood River Outskirts, got to the point on some skills I was working on that the trainer in the elf encampment can't really help me anymore for the next things I want to learn, and I'm not really sure what to do with myself next. Hit up Aerie and did a couple things, then ran up to Vertas and talked to a guym but now I'm just kinda' flapping in the wind. Could really use some guidance, and maybe a friend or two, if anyone's interested.

Cennya and Luca Xante like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @GoodSir . I'm Majoria in game if I can help. I'm in the game atm also.

Luca Xante likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not sure of that but usually it will make note if it is difficult for you when you click on it and it opens your journal and it will say something like (this task should be easy for you) or other comments so you have an idea but of course it doesn't always ;)

edited

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Luca Xante likes this.
  10. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome @GoodSir !!!

Feel free to add me (Luca Xante in game also) to your friend list in game and whisper if you need help, advices or just company. Happy hunting!

11. aunbm123

aunbm123 Avatar

Can you recommend this information?

ibcbet

12. Neres

Neres Avatar

Hi people.
    I tested the Trial version last week, and after 2 days i bought it.
    Also i tried to be part of the Localization Team, but it seems it's dead or paused at the moment. :(

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Neres to Shroud of the Avatar. Oh that would be awesome if you joined the localization team. perhaps @Berek can advise you of what is going on with localization.

14. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome @Neres !!!

You have waited so long (from Feb 6. 2015) to post first time, hopefully it doesn’t take another 3 years to hear from you again ;)

15. Neres

Neres Avatar

Nah, shy and such things! :D

16. Darkhawke

Darkhawke Avatar

Well i decided to jump in tonite , after my third time trying the trial out , things started to click and i really think there is alot under the hood here..... Looking forward to further exploring in SOTA

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Kieranbunny

Kieranbunny Avatar

Heddo All! as you can see by me pic me am a wabbit! Will be "boingying" about da place...so if you see a rather large wabbit...please don't shoot! ==:)*0...trying to get arrows outta mne tail is a pain in da butt*runs from bad pun!*
    Hope to see ta all in game..Me should be easy to recognize...me will be da screaming wabbit bein chased by some hungry dragon!(silly rumor that: that we bunnies taste good!) ==>:*[=]

Ravenscar and majoria70 like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Kieranbunny. Lol of course I wouldn't shoot a cute little bunny except beware if someone is cooking excellent rabbit stew. ;). Have a great time. I am Majoria in game. Please feel to add me to your friends list and whisper questions to me anytime. Click the f key to add friends. The o key for emotes.

Kieranbunny likes this.
  19. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

As a tip, this game is different than most in that it’s trial and error on what you do when. Decades ago, it was wise to keep a manual journal of notes so you don’t miss things you want to get back to. I have done this for SotA because it might be months or more before I get back to something.

I use Microsoft OneNote for this purpose as I can have tabs for each city and one for general notes (to find Nightshade, go to XXX).

Or maybe I’m just getting old...

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Hmm... *wonders if Death Bunny gets distracted by Wabbits...* Krhmm... @Kieranbunny, would You like to Come for Small adventure with me at Eastern? We might meet Cute Little bunny in Spectral mines...

Kieranbunny likes this.