Stupid question about hotbars

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ishel, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishel

Ishel Avatar

I'm trying to do something as simple as create a shortcut for my torch so I don't have to keep going into my inventory and equipping it manually, but no matter what I do or which slot I put it in, it just doesn't "take", even when I'm out of combat and putting it on one of the several empty slots at the bottom of the screen. What am I doing wrong? This is needlessly frustrating.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can't put the torch on your hottbar at least not last time I checked but you can drag your light spell to the hotbar.

3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

You could create an alternate deck with the torch in hand. X is default for swapping between decks.

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Tulmar the Barbarian

Tulmar the Barbarian Avatar

I just make an other question related to hotbars..
    Is there the possibility to have a lateral hot bar on the screen?

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No not at this time. The Devs have said that you are polish will be continuing. So even though this game is launching on Tuesday it is still a work in progress with changes and fixes over time. So I agree with your feedback that we need to be able to move our ui around better.

6. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

HI Ishel

your first question was not stupid at all I found it interesting as I always use the light spell
    the best result is to set up an alt torch deck clicking Y on the keyboard if you have been taught by the trainers in the game and link current equipment whilst carrying the torch but you will need to create another deck and link your combat weapons.
    A good topic for a video I will do later this week just to make sure it is up to date with the next release.

in my view, you should be able to put it in the non-combat bar but by doing so probably would need some serious rewriting of the game.

I would recommend asking the question in the next telethon.

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure.

Ishel likes this.
  7. Ishel

Ishel Avatar

Thanks, everyone. It just seemed like such an obvious feature to include, I thought I was missing something. Seems like something similar is there in literally every other MMO, so that's why I was confused. It's just weird having to hit I, find the torch, right-click, and equip. Much more cumbersome than simply dragging it to a bar. Oh yeah. and I usually use a torch in dark places when I'm resource-hunting at night because, at least for now, the torch seems to be brighter.

Overall, it's a small gripe. I'm really liking things so far.

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.