Steam and Kickstarter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acrylic 300, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

How does a very old kickstarter pledge work through steam? I have been away for a while and have not launched the game since the very first pre-alpha.

Do I need to launch through steam? Is there any disadvantage to launching through steam?

Why is everyone on steam ranting about "pay to win" the last I checked 4 years ago they were not going to do that.

Did the game ever get PvP? I got tired of arguing and being moderated by the pro PvE admins. so I left the forums completely.

Can I sell my account if its not PvP?

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

IIRC:
    - steam doesn't add anything than the steam overlay and the updates each month (and bugfixes) are much larger than stand-alone game

- connecting the game to steam makes the basic game unsellable, and all other pledgerewards(not ingame items) above have to be handled with customer support => if you wanna sell your pledge account not connecting to steam is the better option

- yes, there is PVP ingame - (but there are a lot of different opinions in it - because of balancing)

- yes, you can sell your account

3. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I wasn't sure if connecting to steam would cause a problem with reselling. It seems like it could.

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

already answerd that :

5. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

You don't need to launch through steam, but you can if you want. There is no disadvantage, except that you cant sell your account fully then. You can only drop it down to the base level $40 or whatever the store price is. So if you want to sell off your account in full, don't link to steam, but if you don't plan to sell of your account in full, then steam is good for keeping it up to date automatically and connecting with friends and all that usual stuff.

You will get many different opinions here about whether it is pay to win or not, while outside these forums its generally considered more on the pay to win side. That is because you can buy nearly anything for either real money, or the premium currency which comes from real money. Things like powerleveling services, huge amounts of raw materials, obsidian potions, etc. which let you skip big amounts of time sink in the game could be considered pay to win by some. There is also other things like town sized houses which as far as i'm aware are only available with real money purchase, which some argue gives a bid advantage through farming land, storage, crafting tables, vendors, etc.

I recommend looking at the add on store for yourself (or the COTO vendors in game since they moved most of the add on store there now) and deciding whether it is an acceptable amount of pay to win for you or not. Note that people will mention that you can easily buy COTOS with in game gold and so not to consider those pay to win, however the source of those COTOS is real money at some point, whether you buy them or you buy them off someone else.

The game has pvp the same way it has 'conquering towns' and 'working seige engines'. If you spin it a certain way, it's technically there. People can flag for pvp and run around in the open and be attacked by anyone, and there is a few zones around that you must flag pvp to enter. So technically pvp is in the game, but there are no further mechanics to it to make it at all meaningul and the pvp scene is basically non-existent aside for some hosted dueling tournaments and such.

You can sell anything in this game. Just use the player market section of these forums.

Acrylic 300 and MrBlight like this.
  6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I figured as much. When I logged into pre-alpha the forum mods were having a dance party, the game was finished as far as they were concerned. A nice safe dance party was all they ever really wanted.

Guess I will try to sell it and continue playing all the currently raging pvp games.

7. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

While helpful players are great, go directly to the source for answers on account and pledge stuff, always. support@portalarium.com

Accept no substitutes, get it right the first (and only) time.

8. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Don't link it to steam if you think you might sell your account .

9. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Yes, of course, I'm currently on a waiting list. I thought this might be faster.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

The community has been pretty calm about PvP for some time. Only minor discussions that I have seen generated by the usual social engineers just posting stuff to get people riled up.

Lots of people out there PvP'ing lately openly.

You have an account, flag up and go play and see for yourself. Always be careful of opinions and their sources.

Barugon and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.