Fishing suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Hey guys I was fishing the other day(in game) and thought it would be cool to be in a fishing tourament. It would be neat to have randomize fish weight and length on every fish you catch. That way the commnity can organize fishing tournaments. This is just something little that will help bring to life the skill.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Good news! Thats currently a thing planned to go in at some point. Along witha more in-depth fishing system alltogethwr

Nikko, Koss, majoria70 and 1 other person like this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup !
    One of those pushed back.. after release promises.

I like fisihing for some no reason reason.
    Excited to see the out come, yet completly impatient and annoyed at how long.

Rada Torment, MasterWan and Koss like this.
  4. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

How IS fishing. I have not played the game. Are there Mibs, Treasures, Serpents.....anything that makes the game unique? or is it just generic fishing?

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game and hello. Fishing at the moment is pretty basic. One thing that held up fishing improvements was that the waters in the game were of different varieties and before fishing could get updated the water had to be cohesive and matching types. This will make it so we can get more types of fish. Like different fish for different climates such as examples lava fish, cave fish, Brook trout and ice fishing. So for now in my opinion it doesn't hurt to level your fishing if you like in preparation for the fishing improvements coming in the near future. I am really looking forward to what is coming for fishing. I know there is a big demand for it to be a great system and I will be pushing for that as well.

Nikko likes this.
  6. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

The one thing I really dislike about fishing (and it's why I've pretty much stopped) is that the percentage of success is so low, and it diminishes REALLY FAST, which means going somewhere to do fishing is pretty much a useless pursuit that you can do for very long. I really wish they'd change this because one of the things I loved about UO was sitting at one spot and fishing for long lengths of time. If it's a fear of bot fishing, then add an element like WOW, where you had to click the bobber to get the catch, or something like that.

Nikko and majoria70 like this.
  7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I am really interested in fishing for SotA. I'm hoping that when we have more land masses pop up, and are able to sail the seas, we have much more interesting fishing as well. This could make the game really great for those who don't want to just grind mobs all day. It could be sort of therapeutic. Currently, since Portalarium was really smart in the way they designed Elysium silver mines (THANK YOU!), mining there does this pretty well for me. I think fishing could be even better for that type of play.

sarbonn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.