2nd and 3rd character? One Character slot with Avatar changes.

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Proteus Tempest, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Considering the new things that have been added to the 2nd and 3rd character slots I have been thinking about this.

Considering that a single player will be able to learn all the skills....

What is the point in dividing our time between a 2nd and 3rd character when we have skill decay involved? Thinking for myself I feel that all of my time should be devoted to maintaining skills on a single character in hopes of getting GM'ed+ skills in multiple areas to stay competitive as a casual player.

It would seem more practical to spent our time maintaining one set of skills on one character slot.

How about a 2nd and 3rd Avatar window that allows us to choose another "Avatar Look" all together.

We would share skills and the inventory along with the other things that the Devs have added to the 2nd and 3rd character.

In other words a single character with a 2nd or 3rd body change but all other things associated with the account are shared between the other "Avatar Looks".

Roleplay is up to the player as always.

No need to log out and back in another character. Just change your look that could also be associated with a particular deck like armor and skills are.

Actors would have a way to quick change a "Costume", face and gender to suit a theatrical performance.

It's a different approach to alt characters where the same person plays the toon which shares everything virtue and everything else.

2. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Some people bought into SotA with the expectation of having multiple character slots. Some people like playing different characters.

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

For me the main attraction would be to replay the game from scratch to experience it as a final product.

I have already done the main quest to the end, but even if I was to reset the quests I would still be adv lvl 90+ so I wouldn't get the same experience as if I was starting fresh. The shared virtue/bank/property/guild is irrelevant for me.

So for me it has nothing to do with min/maxing decay or any funky stuff like that, it's just to experience the game in it's glory as a complete product :)

Elwyn, Kara Brae, rpgmaniac82 and 4 others like this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Ditto. I plan to experience the whole game again as a paladin, a thief or a mage.

5. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I love playing alt characters; it just adds to the fun for me. Sure, I rarely get a single character as highly leveled up this way, but there are days where I really want to play a certain character, and other days where I feel like playing with a completely different one. it keeps me playing a game much longer than if I was limited to a single character.

6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

The thing is with this....if you share Virtue how would you even do the new toon from beginning. What if you do something different than the original and the virtue is different. Would that affect the other toon. The main toon. I think they should have seperate virtues and such. And what if second toon wants to be in another guild. WOuld that affect the main toon?

Cordelayne, Proteus Tempest and mass like this.
  7. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

2nd and 3rd characters should be completely different than the first. No shared XP, no shared virtue, no shared bank, no shared gold. if you want to transfer items to the other character, send it via mail. If you want home ownership, set them as Kindred or Trustee or Co-Owner.

8. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Only down size that I see is additional slots not being purchased . I usually buy as many as I can. GW2 , I have 8. LOTRO I have 6, etc.
    Since the Big G emphatically stated, to have another character to differ from the virtues you have now, " Just purchase another account. ", I won't. That statement did not go over well with me and my line of reasoning.
    Don't get me wrong , I love various aspects of this game, just not limiting my purchases to an agenda I do not agree upon.
    Since the game is about choice, I would rather make my own.

Mykll and Proteus Tempest like this.
  9. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Right now... While I can certainly go back and check out the added in early quests of the game... They aren't remotely challenging and thus... aren't super fun. They've also tweaked some things in the Love, Truth and Courage quests. Stuff that I now, cannot go back and replay, without throwing away my character.

Having a second or third slot gives me a chance to go back and do all of that. With everything else shared... sure, I will be twinking out my new toons... but, I'll still have those challenges and some newness to deal with as those characters start out at AL 1 with "no" skills.

Numa likes this.
  10. Nasmara

Nasmara Avatar

So...if i understand correctly, my adventurer status, playing SOTA for some years now, does not give me a second char slot with release. This means the game is getting polished for new players, they get to explore the whole package, while i cant even make a new char on my account . UUhm this does not sound fair to me and might even be a reason for me to stop playing SOTA . I would really want to be able to experience the game from release with a second char without having to delete the char i worked so hard on !

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Nhili Dragon and rpgmaniac82 like this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You can easily do this offline, where you get 10 slots for free. Online, you can also do this by purchasing a second account. Wait for a Steam sale and you can get it for around $20.

You also can do this offline. Additional character slots will be added to the store soon, so you could buy one and then start an alt online too.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah it seems with the limits on the 'extra slots' there's no real reason to do this on the 'same' account - makes more sense to use a separate account and you can set up lot permissions to share all your stuff anyway.

13. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I was one and now I find something else that we are not getting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.