Fishing, dressing like a pirate, parrots and going "ARRRRRRRRRR".

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Montaigne, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I used to do this all the time in UO. I even do this in real life (my wife has since left me). I started fishing in Shroud today and felt a little let down. I know the devs are going to expand this in the game soon and hopefully have great plans!

Am I being shellfish by asking for more fishing goodness? I'm posting just for the halibut. Are we letting the devs off the hook, here? You don't have to be a brain sturgeon to work out that fishing could be one of the best and most fun things to do in this game. It doesn't have to be soFISHticated. Just make it like UO was. I'm not fishing for compliments here. I just want to be a pirate, go ARRRRR for no reason and own a parrot. Holy mackerel! I've had too much rum.

Thoughts? Salmon must know some fishing jokes?

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

On the very long list of
    * after release *

majoria70 and CatherineRose like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

They don't think it's as important as I think they should.
    IE, I believe the audience for it is much larger than they do, or we'd have it by now.
    The sooner, the better......... IMO

Bigg, Alana Baran, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes yay @Montaigne I loved your fish story. :)

Very recently Finally@DarkStarr told us one reason for fishing being pushed and pushed was Evidently the game has some different types of water in scenes that would need to get updated to allow for a fishing upgrade. Also I have heard him say he didn't think fishing was that important to many players hmmm. Now do you all want to tell him otherwise? YES right? :) So many cool threads about fishing, bait ideas, message in a bottles, and on and on over the years. We might have to pick up our picket signs. ;)

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I dream of the day when I have to go into Friends mode because all the best fishing spots are taken .........;)

Don't let @Budner see this.... :eek:

[​IMG]

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Think of all the cash they could make with fishing tackle alone !

[​IMG]

majoria70 and Montaigne like this.
  7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I have always loved fishing in mmorp's, and think its a big deal. After a hard hour of adventuring, coming at a beautiful lake. Just makes you want to relax, enjoy the view and start fishing!

8. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I'm really looking forward to the evental fishing update. My only GM is in fishing! I've got 90 in bait recovery as well LOL.

If you want to be all piraty and fish look me up in game. I on from 9-12 PST most nights in and around Ardoris. It's a great city for fishing, as water is almost always a few steps away. The canal fish do smell a bit funky though!

9. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I would be happy if any game would reinvent UO style fishing. It could be a game all on its own.

UO fishing :

Variety of ships that can circumnavigate the world. < this can't happen in SotA because the world is flat.
    The chance to pull up a Sea Serpent, and the chance that a serpent has swallowed an MIB (message in a bottle {treasure map}).
    The chance a serpent, has swallowed a fishing net, and the ability to throw a fishing net to bring up a Kraken (chance for rare items).
    Rare trophy fish (can be wall mounted).
    Dolphin sightings .
    The ability to set up in game macros to avoid a click fest.

I haven't logged onto SotA for several years. Is any part of SotA detailed yet? What is there to do that is fun? Is it a glorified chat room? Is it a MOB grind like WoW?

Sounds like fishing sucks harder than Japanese RPG fishing.

Can someone sell me on SotA NOW without mentioning all the future potential it has?

FrostII and Montaigne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.