Chopped up Bodies/heads/trophies

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Markus, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markus

Markus Avatar

One of my favorite hobbies in UO was to decapitate a pvp enemy and mount his head in my keep. In the Dev's housing video, it was stated that trophies can be put on display for the masses to see and admire. What is more awe striking than the head of a prominent player, or the head of a pk guilds leader? Some may think this disgusting, but UO did it right when they provided us the option of sticking heads out as a display of power and/or warnings to others. This is a #1 on my wish list.

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

OK, now ask your self this...your house is in the city and you decide that as a show of power you are going to display human heads there. How long until the guards come and take care of you?

3. Markus

Markus Avatar

Where's the Evidence? The witnesses? I'm simply an 'exotic collector'.

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well I would say human heads in your yard or home is pretty good proof...ask John Wayne Gacey....

5. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

I hope we can collect body parts again!

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's pretty macabre. I personally would be happy enough without this option and rune_74 makes a good point. Our homes aren't out in some lawless frontier. They're in the middle of cities, towns and villages. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to put human remains on display for any reason.

7. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

The UO guards would reward you for collecting heads of criminals, so why couldn't you be able to display them?

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Maybe you will earn points towards the virtue compassion... at least you spared one part of their body when you killed them.

They should allow a skill set called taxidermy so people can stuff these heads and put them on plaques to display them on your wall rather than just locked down on the floor. lol

If I recall correctly they would disappear even if you locked them down. (Not that I ever did anything like that... it must have been a friend of mine or something)

9. Rincewind

Rincewind Avatar

Inside the city/village there should be posters of the most wanted murderers, if you then hand over the body you recieve some sort of reward, money, virtues, skills etc.

Then a townsman of the city, or perhaps several city-players should be allowed to choose from this list of captured murderes and have their heads/bodys visible for all to see, with nametags offcourse.

Or a giant wall of names, that will for sure drive players to do evil and brave actions, either the will to be on the wall or the opposite, willing to sacrifice yourself to have some other player on it.

And before their bodies defile, lets say 1 game week, they recieve negative counters while visiting the city, more expensive, less chance of meeting with friends etc.

/Rince

10. Owain

Owain Avatar

Early UO, not only could you dismember your enemies, with the cooking skill, you could make player jerky. That was eliminated early on...

11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I love This #1 on ur wish list Markus. I had a lot of fun whit this in Ultima Online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.