User Expanded Support to Travian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kpopgurl, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

@Cerus

I cant Login, because of this: "Your input contains a not allowed character." Its a space / blanc in my accounname. All my Accounts have this. What now?

2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

There is another way to see that. Currently we don't know if the prices will stay as they are but they will likely do, I think. Online Games prices rarely vary in order to follow exchange rates. If, one day, the dollar take some value against the euro (like it did, two years ago), then the Travian prices (which include VAT) will protect us against that.

Royou and Almar like this.
  3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

By the time I quit UO it was almost 15 bucks a month...

Royou likes this.
  4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

So, your data will not be migrated until you accept the new Terms. But you can't accept the Terms until you log into the new website with your account info, which means your account was already migrated.

Confused.

5. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Also, not all countries in the EU have an Internet Tax... The Netherlands for instance does NOT tax digital goods from outside the EU...
    Travian does!

Acred, Leostemplar, Royou and 3 others like this.
  6. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Wish I could have taken a day off, but my mom (74!) had surgery at 8AM and I had customer meetings in the afternoon... But yeah, my sleep was about as restful as you describe!

Leostemplar, Katrina Bekers and Royou like this.
  7. Almar

Almar Avatar

Hope you are right!

I shall be watching :D

Royou and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  8. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Fairer would have been for Portalarium to take a smaller cut (like 80% of US prices) to even the playing field for us Europeans... JUST SAYING!...
    If they truly believe many more people will come in because of using Travian then surely that would compensate for the smaller cut?!

Royou likes this.
  9. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Part of what I hoped to get across to Portalarium - the EU, or Europe, are not single entities and not bound by common laws or rules in so many ways. I can't understand why this is so hard for Portalarium to grasp, even the US has different taxation rules for many states - but it feels very much like they just have a picture of 'abroad' and no actual clue about the realities, so they chuck all the Eastern European folks onto a Russian only site and forum (spectacular piece of cultural and historical insensitivity) and then lump 'the rest of Europe' into one category without any actual understanding of how complicated it all genuinely is... these people might be 'veterans' of game design, but when it comes to handling an international market I have rarely seen such bumbling, so many avoidable mistakes and such consistently poor judgement. I genuinely feel like a very second or perhaps third class customer today, when I'd expected to be playing and celebrating the launch.

.rhavin, Leostemplar, Royou and 4 others like this.
  10. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Amen brother!

Leostemplar, Royou, Almar and 2 others like this.
  11. Escarion

Escarion Avatar

True, I was referring to the very beginning :)

Royou likes this.
  12. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

.... remember all. It's nothing to do with Port or Travian that you pay more. That's the EU Govs taking their cut.

Only the decision to move EU players to a a publisher that has to pay VAT on sold online goods was.

Elwyn, Lyndoman, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Which was the only way to be able to fullfill the new data protection law raining down on us.

14. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I couldnt Login the new Site (from Travian) but I could Login the old Site and buy all the new stuff *g* and a village bundle. :)

15. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Hello everybody!

Thank you again for your patience. We hope you are enjoying the launch and the new trailer.
    We have gathered answers to address the main concerns regarding the migration. Please see the answers Here.

Also, please be assured, that there will be no migration/redirection to the Travian Games shop and website before the major Monthly Livestream of Release 52 (April 5th).
    Which means, during the next days, and during the next Postmortem livestream, everyone will be able to use the Portalarium store and website as usual.

Please note: since your account has not been migrated, yet, you will not be able to access the Travian Games website/store with your account details.

If you have questions or concerns specifically related to your account, please do not hesitate to contact support@portalarium.com.

Spoon, Cordelayne, Numa and 5 others like this.
  16. Curt

Curt Avatar

So will we be able to buy 'Service Vouchers'
    on the travian site for services?
    Atm i only see 4 items for sale at that site game access + first 3 viking bundles

Spoon likes this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

"Furthermore the currency rate for US$ versus the Euro is below the 12 month average, which currently favors American consumers."

1 USD is 0.80 EUR at the moment. Could you please more specific how the rate is calculated at your/our end?

Royou likes this.
  18. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Q: Please explain how the prices on the Travian Games shop come about? Which taxes are included?
    A:
    While prices in the US are usually net prices and taxes, if applicable, get added at checkout, the prices on the Travian Games shop include the value adding tax (VAT). VAT in EU countries ranges between 17% and 27%. So if you compare the dollar versus the euro prices, you are comparing net prices (without tax) and gross prices (including tax). Furthermore the currency rate for US$ versus the Euro is below the 12 month average, which currently favors American consumers. We will keep an eye on the currency exchange rate and respond, if the prices drift further apart, but we also want to provide you with a stable pricing and not adjust prices on a weekly basis.

And if you are in a non-EU country? And are you saying that if you are in an EU country, the VAT you will be charged will range between 17% and 27% based on the rate due in your country?

Royou likes this.
  19. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

FX is currently at 1,24 (interbank / 1,24USD = 1 EUR) - 12month avg is at around 1,17. i.e. there's about 6% FX appreciation vs the 12m avg that Travian kept.

Royou likes this.
  20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Thank you for the informations that you already provided.

There is one question/concern, on my side, which has not been answered : we have town owners among us.
    Usually, we can make changes on our town with vouchers, and fill a form accordingly. What do you plan to do for us ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.