New Players RIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jordizzle, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

This is like my 4th online mmrpg i played like from before the beginning so to say.
    Everyone who expects an "finnished product" at launch day is mildly said delusional.
    Raving mad bluntly said.

Six month to an year until the worst bumps are ironed out is realistic.

Everything else, wishfull thinking.

Numa, Trihugger and Elwyn like this.
  2. Curt

Curt Avatar

Give players with a health below X what's basically an absorb shield vs PvP damage only.

So if they take 200 damage from an initial attack most of it is taken from the absorb shield (that probably should regen instant once out of combat for a while).

3. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

There needs to be a cap for any fun PvP in this game.

Gorthyn and Xandra7 like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

For clarification, adventure level is not used in any pvp dmg/defense/hit calculations at all. It’s all from lvl of skills used, gear, and stats. Stats being that half or more of which is derived from gear.

Oeneusc likes this.
  5. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

They will never catch up? That is the argument? Sounds more like people wasting too much time concerned with others! This argument is getting old and holds no water IMO!

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is untrue, based on people having started in the past few months already being capable of what characters created at persistance are.

A double xp bonus and the existance of fast-training buffs that didnt exist back then ensure that they will “catch up” even faster

Kara Brae, Numa and Solazur like this.
  7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

If it makes you feel better... I got 1 shotted last night by a friend messing around... lol he was stealthed.. I didn't even realize he was there..... I'm lvl 98 and had ~ 800HP at the time... cheers

8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Totally agree.. I know a number of people who have passed me that started after I did... it'll all work out :)

9. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Wow, I just can't understand why any single attack should be able to do 800+ damage . .that's a little out of hand. .I mean I went to Quell today and literally got hit by lightning from the sky. . and it didn't even do 400 damage. LOL This game is so crazy. If anything should be doing 800+ damage to a player, it should be lightning from the sky . .or something along that level. . Avatars are more powerful than forces of nature I guess.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Gorthyn likes this.
  10. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

It is not untrue in any way, shape or form. Also, could this statement be any more vague? Some characters acquired some power for some reason? Cool. That's super helpful. Go have one of those folks stride into a PVP area with this character they've caught up with. If they're there any point today, let me know when they're done being smashed by the players they will never, ever, ever catch up with.

Double anything? Cool. Then its only a 9 month trip *without* the exploits and efficiency that've been removed from the game since. Double anything isn't anywhere close to what was possible thanks to some horrible mechanics that took forever to get fixed and ultra-efficient resource acquisition early on in the game. It's also not just about XP, but gear, using that XP correctly, and understanding the mechanics of the game - which doesn't have anything to do with XP, and just requires raw time.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you need clarification, Players with similar builds and strategies can kill other high end PvPers, solo bosses others can solo, make the ammount of money others are making, etc in a much shorter window than 18 months. The idea that you need the exact ammount of time/exploiting someone else had to compete with them is false.

The idea that it takes time to acquire gear and XP and understanding of PvP is correct. The idea that the same power gap exist from level 1 to 100 that exists from level 90 to 110 is incorrect.

12. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Nothing you noted as incorrect is in fact incorrect. Show me when the new players come out and start winning in PVP. I'll be waiting to dumpster them over and over again for at least a year. Probably longer. Until then, let's not just say blah blah blah, come show me it's possible.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You are sayign that "catching up" did not occur unless they beat you in PvP.

Have you never successfully beat anyone that has played longer than you??

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

But they won't, unless they go out of their way to turn PvP on, or if they ignore the warning when going in to a PvP zone. Beyond that, I would think it to be common sense that a high level player could kill a lower level one quickly.

15. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

It's common sense yes, but is it "fun"? That's the real key issue here. If they can't make PvP fun or at least give someone the illusion that they've got a chance in hell, the PvP will remain as dead as it has always been. It's just too hard to realistically find a good "match" when we're truly all over the board in skills/levels/ability and must be an absolute MONSTER to try to balance. I do not envy that job one bit.

If they don't... then we'll just see a repeat of what we've seen the past 18 months... Abandoned zones. At this point there's no clearer tell-tale sign than history.

3devious and Jordizzle like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

I rolled my second character out to get a feel of what a new player could expect and got 10k XP even before starting to explore. The quests in the Outskirts and new beginner areas , the Oracle and town crier gold plus other new bonuses will ensure that new players will quickly catch up to speed.

There was a time when NONE of these were present and boy was it hard to level then even PvE-wise :confused:

Anyone get a lot in Blood Bay yet?

17. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I do 150ish with an bow as sneak attack, I am solid tier 3 and not "maxxed" in any way or fashion, so 800 is not that faar of.

18. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

You need more competition in this game that makes it more desireable to join guilds that prepare their members for pvp. Right now there are very few because it is not worth it... the occassional dance party victim that comes here ranting will never cease to exist though.

PVP has been balanced a lot and is already moving in a direction where lower levels can be competitive... that doesnt mean you can skip the learn to play part ;)

Elwyn likes this.
  19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It sounds like there needs to be optional PVP zones that only allow entry to lower level avatars. I suspect, however, that the talented PVPers who already one-shot almost anyone they meet could create new avatars and wipe out those lower level areas just as effectively with low-level characters. I think a lot of PR about why it is important for the game to give new players a chance in PVP would be necessary to forestall this.

Cordelayne, Numa and Elwyn like this.
  20. Hamsta

Hamsta Avatar

Then never play Black Desert Online or EvE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.