HELP stuck in Ardoris

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Sly Hunter, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sly Hunter

Sly Hunter Avatar

I created a character about 3 years ago, Sly Hunter. Duel wpns so loaded in on an undeveloped side of the planet. Worked my way over to Ardoris just to get stuck in limbo. I asked for help then and it was deduced my graphics card needing updating. So I figured I'd wait until I updated my computer and try again then. However, I checked and your minimum requirements are now below my computer hardware and I have the same graphics card now I had then.

Inter core I7 cpu 860 2.80 ghz 8gb ram 64 bit
    AMD Radeon HD 5700 series

The program locks up when I try to do anything in map or in world.
    1. Can I get transported to duel wpn start and quests restarted? I don't mind starting over again.
    I just don't want to lose any Founder stuff, robe and helm.
    I thought about deleting the character and creating a new one but I would lose the found stuff right?

Am I right, my computer requirements now exceed your programs minimum requirements, even though I haven't changed anything yet. Yeah I know 3 years and I still haven' had the spare cash to upgrade my hardware.'

Thanks. I couldn't find the help section, technical section, etc.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Sly Hunter

Step 1
    When you start the game go first to settings>video.
    Set them to Fastest etc.

Step 2
    In the settings options select Private/Party play mode.

step 3
    When you start the game do not select resume, instead select "start on world map", this will exit you from Ardoris

Start the game.

Step 5
    In chat write
    /debug
    Check your FPS

Also might want to check gfx driver etc.

I don't think you should start over. However if you so wish there is the option to do a quest reset - if you want that follow the instructions the Help.

4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi @Sara Dreygon! Please try the /stuck command, that should do the trick if it's a physically stuck issue you're dealing with... though it sounds like you may not be able to log in with them now?

No, you should not lose any pledge related items.

5. Sly Hunter

Sly Hunter Avatar

Got me unstuck but /debug isn't doing anything.
    I can't see the bottom of my screen it's supposed to be full screen but it's in windows mode I think.

6. Sly Hunter

Sly Hunter Avatar

15.38 to 15.26
    Had to switch window mode and etc to see everything. I'm unstuck now. Now what do I do?

7. Sly Hunter

Sly Hunter Avatar

I can't play in private mode though right? need to switch it back?

8. Sly Hunter

Sly Hunter Avatar

played around with inventory and stuff a bit. crashed when I looked around the horizon again, but I'm a good distance from town now besides a village of some sort.
    Am I going to have to run the gauntlet to get back to the duel wpn starting point so I can do my quests now?
    I had to run through a few death valleys to get to the east side of the map after creating my toon so I could get to a developed side of the planet.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That is up to you.
    Private / Party and Multiplayer are all online so you are interacting in the same persistent online world.
    For instance I can update my vendor in Private mode, and you could interact and buy those items from my Vendor in any mode right away - since it is the same world.

Why I adviced it is that Multiplayer takes a bigger toll on your FPS.

Me, even though my system works good enough, I switch regularly between Private and Multiplayer depending on what I want to do with my play session.
    For instance if I want to quest/hunt/gather resources on my own then usually other players are in the way so I switch to Private.
    While if I want to explore or interact etc then I switch to Multiplayer.

The starting area close to Ardoris is to the North - follow the road and try to find Solace Bridge and after that Solace Bridge Outskirts.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=1&poi_id=2757&openPopup=true&z=4
    That will give you lots of new beginner quests.
    So no need to return until you feel like it.

That is weird, will need to test myself. This might be helpful though.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/quick-reference-guide.24359/

Numa likes this.
  10. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Sly Hunter

if you turn off shadows it will greatly help the frame rate and set to the fastest mode and play and if all is ok increase the quality.

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure.

11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

this was my graphics card that died a few months ago... the problem I had with this card was, it crashes... my temporary fix was to play in OpenGL mode...

12. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

After many crashes I deleted the installation completely, removed the Microsoft Visual C++ - Installations and re-installed. Since then (some months now) I got no crashes anymore.
    I know, that's a pain, but if it helps it's worth the troubles :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.