User Expanded Support to Travian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kpopgurl, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I have no issue with the transfer.......provided that as a customer I am not treated differently and have the same access to all of the options I currently enjoy and at the same price.

It looks like the vast majority of things are being covered off such as CoA submission, PoT forms etc.......that being said it should ALL be in place before migrating existing people.

As for the shop.....well.......complete disaster. Unless global item prices in the shop are consistent (including tax) with just exchange rate fluctuations then Travian will just be selected against in favour of 3rd party traders. No player who becomes familiar with the game in their right mind would pay an extra 20% for something when they don’t have to. RMT between players has not only been allowed it has been advertised.....some even put up in lights by Portalarium as “Trusted Traders”.

The whole gifting thing being disabled because of RMT? I would say the benefit will be limited at best. People will still use third party shops and players. In terms of telethons, people with several accounts (like me) have tended just to buy store credit on each one and then transfer to a central account to buy something more substantial or wait until something appears that they actual want...........I can only speak for myself here, but if the telethon donation actually works then rather you getting 10-14 donations from me.....you might just get the 1.....or maybe 0.

My final thought is that no European player has asked for this. When supporting Portalarium, at no point was it mentioned that this might be an outcome. Regardless of deals that have been done, there are loyal customers that should be expecting the same if not better levels of service through any change and should enjoy the same price points they always have.

At this moment in time, every existing player who falls under both the Travian and Black Sun territories will be worse off through the migration. How on earth is this a good outcome and what will be done to bring back some confindence?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    liz_the_wiz, Royou, Rentier and 13 others like this.
  2. Andyafro

Andyafro Avatar

No idea what to do with my store credit due to this. Having no info of when exactly we will be migrated and no COTO price listing on Travian site seems crazy.

Massively disappointed by the total lack of communication and detail.

What should I do, buy COTO's now? Kiss goodbye to spending the credit on the postmortem sale like I'd planned?

Why was this announced so late, you can't tell me that nobody had the foresight to see this would be disruptive? Announced in advance we would of at least been able to make arrangements to spend some credit in the sales. With the added bonuses of been able to ask questions in good time and not spoiling the launch by having to play guesswork at what best to do with our purchases.

3. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Because they already know the answers and telling you doesn't benefit them in any way. Think that statement's wrong? Alright, let's explore that line of reasoning.

They don't know the answers already? These aren't small decisions, people sat around and discussed this. They wrote use cases for migration problems. They tested the actual information migration itself. They knew exactly what was happening for a considerable amount of time because these kinds of things aren't overnight decisions made in a vacuum.

These migrations are happening and not being stopped. They likely represent a huge chunk of income from port for literally just handing over users. The info was likely sent before this was even announced (at least some of it was in a test).

Their response can't be, "Hahahaha too bad!" They're responding the only way they can in a situation like this.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Migration will happen after the next post mortem.

Royou, Numa and Senash Kasigal like this.
  5. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Rentier likes this.
  6. zreamo

zreamo Avatar

So damn unhappy. I spend almost 1000$ for the game and have been playing since r15. I live in Germany and get the feeling that Portalarium is just making as much money as possible. In the beginning I believed that the game was made out of enthusiasm first. This feeling doesn't remain unfortunately.

7. Andyafro

Andyafro Avatar

Ah great, I saw no mention of that in the post on the website announcing this. Just said after launch. I already panic bought COTO's so I can probably look forward to buyer's remorse when I see something I wanted on sale in the postmortem :)

This feeds into the feeling of poor communication.

Royou, Leostemplar, Ronni and 3 others like this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

No, but apparently your governments have, with respect to VAT and data protection laws.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I very much doubt any of that had anything to do with the deal Portalarium did......in fact from the Black Sun fallout a few weeks ago it was very clear data protection wasn't taken into consideration (transferring of data is more of a barrier to something happening btw). In terms of VAT, I am very aware of the taxation (thanks for pointing it out though), but once again, if a company chooses to fix an end price on a global scale taking taxation into consideration it can easily be done.........in fact even easier with digital goods.

Royou, Bodhbh Dearg, Ronni and 5 others like this.
  10. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

I dont understand whats happening here? Can someone explain me in simple terms?
    What does that involve and when will it occur?

11. Escarion

Escarion Avatar

Royou, Leostemplar and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  12. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

so i have to spend all my store crédits ?? Is this a kind of april's fool joke ??
    I will have to pay more than the non europeans for the same things/pixels ???
    Even my monthly 5 dollars donation will cost me more???
    OK then, no more fresh money for you , im just going to buy cotos with my store crédits and basta !

liz_the_wiz, Royou, Mapper and 4 others like this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I used my $16 in store credits yesterday to purchase COTOs. I was planning to put the store credit towards making some purchases at the next Livestream, but the uncertainty was too great and I didn't know if I would lose the store credits, since the original FAQ wasn't specific about when the migration would occur.

That is the main beef I have about this whole thing. If Portalarium needs a partner in the region to ensure compliancy with local laws and tax regulations, I can accept that. But the way they went about it - keeping everything secret until the very last moment, then issuing a half-baked announcement that didn't answer even the most basic questions - that is completely unacceptable.

14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

And not word from Portalarium themselves, not one single word or explanation......

Royou, Ronni, Snikorts and 6 others like this.
  15. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

We are not within their sphere of responsibility anymore.

If anything,we will probably be given an email contact at TG.

Royou, Jens_T and Bow Vale like this.
  16. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Sadly, if you had kept tabs on how the Black Sun issue went, you could hardly be surprised at that. They think they have washed their hands of this and it's all Travian's problem now. Unfortunately they are probably right, since if they choose to just ignore us there's absolutely nothing we can do, they got the money to make the game and now we are seeing just how much their 'loyal customers' and 'great community' really mean to them.

Royou, Snikorts, Bodhbh Dearg and 3 others like this.
  17. Elay

Elay Avatar

This is disgraceful. The way it's been handled and the lack of communication and more importantly Port and TGs lack of understanding of the player base just makes the whole setup look amateur and leaves a very sour taste.

We've spent 4 years and a LOT of money in supporting Port in building this game and this feels like we're just being thrown aside.

I am absolutely disgusted by this.

Royou, Snikorts, Leostemplar and 5 others like this.
  18. Andyafro

Andyafro Avatar

Well I can kind of understand why Port would leave it to Travian now. The potential for Mixed messages if you had different teams putting in there 2 cents would be rather large.
    Best if the narrative is accurate and conveyed by one source.

Doesn't let anyone of the hook for the poor communication and feeling that this has been far too rushed though.

Royou and Ronni like this.
  19. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Good day everyone,

I am reviewing the latest feedback and additional questions.

We figure that posting the announcement 1 day before launch might have raised the impression of this being a last-minute announcement, and we are sorry that it was received that way.
    However, I'd like to emphasize again, that the migration will happen only a couple of day after the next Postmortem Livestream (April 5) and you still have a fair amount of time to raise your questions.
    We appreciate the dialog with you as it allows us to address your concerns before the migration. Of course, we will inform you as soon as we know the exact date of migration.

We will try to answer the main questions that involve all the players from TG territories, but please understand that I cannot address individual scenarios / account issues or details about tax-laws (and I kindly ask you to cooperate to not make this thread a tax-discussion topic). For general questions, please refer to the FAQ and contact support@portalarium.com if you want to discuss specifics or cannot find your answer here or in the FAQ.

Further question I can currently answer:

Q: What happens with gifted items which i didn't use/claim? will I still be able to claim them?
    A: All items that are unclaimed will be transfered to your ingame bank automatically. Nothing will get lost.

Q: Am I in risk of not being able to use the store in case of IP discrepancies?
    A: In general, everyone should be able to access the store and purchase items or services. If, for reasons of IP discrepancies, you experience issues with that, please contact the support team and you will be assisted with that.

Q: What will happen with the Service Vouchers stored on my account?
    A: They will not be lost. Service vouchers will also be transfered likewise.

I will keep posting updates whenever I have new information for you.
    Thanks again for your patience.

Royou, majoria70, Rentier and 4 others like this.
  20. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

They could at least have said "goodbye and good riddance" more directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.