User Expanded Support to Travian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kpopgurl, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Why should I?
    It has been announced for months that Travian is the publisher for Europe.
    What did everyone think what Travian will do? Sit in the corner and turn their thumbs?
    They will do what other Publishers do. Publish the Game with everything that goes with it.
    Disappointing are the new prices. :(

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  2. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Pricing and lack of information/clarity was my point. :)

3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Clarity wasnt good in the Announcement.
    The exact date of the migration should have been includet.

4. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Whatever else happens, Travian MUST get a set of terms and conditions on their website that are actually relevant to SotA... even a quick skim through turns up a load of 'conditions' that are either factually untrue or simply not applicable to this game :( This is meant to be a legally enforceable and binding agreement....

Beware of a wall of text in the spoiler, and it's certainly not a complete list, just the few I spotted on the first read through of the page https://shroudoftheavatar.game/en/terms-and-conditions/

This game is published by Travian Games GmbH, Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Straße 22, 80807 Munich, hereinafter referred to as “TRAVIAN GAMES”.

The publisher of the game and the website is Travian Games GmbH (Munich District Court, HRB 173511), Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Straße 22, 80807 Munich, Germany.

(Publisher of the website, yep - of the game, I'm not so sure about that ...)

TRAVIAN GAMES offers the game solely to consumers as defined by § 13 of the German Civil Code (BGB). Use of the game for profit-making or other commercial purposes is prohibited.

(RMT, anyone?)

The service of TRAVIAN GAMES comprises in the provision of the game itself. TRAVIAN GAMES may enable the user to purchase credits for a fee which entitle the user, at their discretion, to activate premium features that provide additional functions and game options, and may create advantages in the game and in the gaming activities. Credits only apply to the game, the relevant national game world and to the game account from which they were purchased

(Relevant national game world?)

The use of the game is only available to users who have accepted a game user contract and who have made a pledge for the game by buying a package that allows “Early Access” whereas the access date is indicated in the description of the respective package. For this purpose, the user will receive a single, non-transferable right to use the functions of the game in its current version.

(OK, this is just nonsense in any way you look at it.... only available to people who have a contract AND a pledge by buying a package that allows 'Early Access' ?)

Should TRAVIAN GAMES subdivide a game into individual game worlds, and/or organize the game or game worlds in game rounds or as a continually developing game and reset such game or game world at the end of a game round, the user is not entitled to keep the game situation or position they have reached at this time or to have it transferred to a different game world.

(Travian subdividing the game world? That's new .... )

TRAVIAN GAMES reserves the right to discontinue the operation of the game or of individual game worlds at any time without having to state the grounds for such.

(Individual game worlds again... )

There will certainly be more stuff in there that's just misleading, wrong, or about some other game Travian manages - I gave up looking since it was becoming very clear this is in no way applicable to SotA. Afraid it just adds to my suspicions that this is all being done in an unseemly and unorganised rush, if even the correct T&C are not finalised yet... :(

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I personally thought they would have marketed the game in their territories, the right to sell it and produce their own customers. There was not word or indication that the present Europeans who have been here from the start would be split off and managed by them, not one indication. In fact there still hasn't been a word from Portalarium saying as such, we have just been told by 'someone' that they now are our point of contact. At the least we could have been told by the horses mouth and well in advance, ie: when they made the deal with Travarian games. Doing it the night before release at 8pm, with a general announcement by the new owner is not in my book payment for any type of loyalty i or many others have shown.

Edit:
    It is the same as the bank selling your debt to someone else., no emotion, just plain business based on numbers, whether you are worth keeping or not based on a value of earnings. A far stretch from fostering community and good will mentioned within their company culture.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

@Cerus Could you confirm wether the price increase EU players will see is purely down to tax or are Travian taking a cut?

These deals have to involve money so I assume you are?

Royou likes this.
  7. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

@Cerus the pricing for UK players just seems horrific, worse than EU players.

Example:

To buy the game in the USA - $39
    Travian Store in Germany - €39.99 ($49.19)
    Travian Store in the UK - £35.99 ($50.65)

Whats going on?

Bodhbh Dearg, Royou and Snikorts like this.
  8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Sorry, I have to quote this, because it simply hits the nail on the head to express what many of us must be feeling. Had I been around for as long as you, helping to finance a game that I would be playing only years later, I would feel even worse than I do right now. We are talking about many practical issues like store credit and taxes, and these things are important, but I think that which -really- hurts is the lack of communication and through that the perceived lack of respect and appreciation for us European players. And with hurt, I mean -hurt-.

StarLord, Royou, Snikorts and 8 others like this.
  9. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Q: Please explain how the prices on the Travian Games shop come about? Which taxes are included?
    A:
    While prices in the US are usually net prices and taxes, if applicable, get added at checkout, the prices on the Travian Games shop include the value adding tax (VAT). VAT in EU countries ranges between 17% and 27%. So if you compare the dollar versus the euro prices, you are comparing net prices (without tax) and gross prices (including tax). Furthermore the currency rate for US$ versus the Euro is below the 12 month average, which currently favors American consumers. We will keep an eye on the currency exchange rate and respond, if the prices drift further apart, but we also want to provide you with a stable pricing and not adjust prices on a weekly basis.

from here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...r-migration-travian-games.114679/#post-974565

Royou and Elwyn like this.
  10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Personally i don't care about an extra 20% or whatever, it really wouldn't have bothered me. Most of the big expenses have been paid by ourselves in the years past, and extra 20% on £10 here or there would not have mattered to me personally, i would have happily given a subscription for basically nothing. Not to say that its not an issue for some. But yes you are right its the lack of respect and appreciation, a thank you community and we appreciate you stated at telethons and on release notes means nothing to me when the going gets tough and all those words said, are in the end...just words.

I will give them a little credit though. They have left this thread up with zero moderation. Personally i am feeling a little sorry for them ( sucker me), as i want to believe their silence indicates their known guilt, and they taking this as they deserve it...and more. Its like coming home and finding your dog on her bed with her ears back....You know she's done wrong, she knows she's done wrong....your just waiting to find out what....

11. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

I did read that yes. But there is a $2 discrepancy between $39.99 + 20% VAT (for UK) and what they are actually charging us - $50.65 so Im curious if that is Travian profit or not.

Bodhbh Dearg and Royou like this.
  12. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I certainly feel some sympathy for Travian and Cerus having to handle this - but as far as Portalarium are concerned, 'sorry' certainly is not one of the words I'd choose to say how I feel about their behaviour :(

Royou and Snikorts like this.
  13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

they took the 27% max VAT and put it on for all regardless the actual VAT of the nation you live in

14. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

So its all Hungary's fault? That makes sense.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  15. Almar

Almar Avatar

No matter how this rolls out, I personally would appreciate a statement from the person who's gaming history and ethics made (not 'made' - convinced) me back this game.

How about it @Lord British ?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Bodhbh Dearg, Royou, Snikorts and 3 others like this.
  16. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Dear all,

Again, thank you for your patience as we keep gathering your questions!

We will be doing so in the following days, reviewing questions with Portalarium, and publish our answers here to prepare you for the transition as good as we can.

Please bear in mind that some questions will require some more time to address than others. As mentioned before, we will not discuss individual tax-related questions, edge-cases or individual account concerns here.

For these concerns, the please mail to support team support@portalarium.com or support@shroudoftheavatar.game respectively.

We very much understand your concerns, but also ask everyone involved to please remain patient and help us speed along getting answers by keeping this thread as clean as possible.

Rentier, Numa, Andyafro and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ronni

Ronni Avatar

What does this mean "keep this thread clean"? Not to post our concerns and disappointment with the way this has been communicated and processed? And if not, will it also be closed to avoid our posts?

18. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
  19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Question: is it a violation of the Travian EULA to purchase items from a North American “Trusted Trader” partner of Portalarium?

20. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Well, I can list a few things that would generally help :)
    • Be sure the questions you ask are not already covered by the current FAQ
    • Before asking a question or raising a concern, check if it wasn't already mentioned multiple times here
    • Try to avoid tax-discussions. They cannot be addressed in this thread.
    • Before posting, take a step back and check if your post adds value to the topic by containing a useful question, clarifying another members doubt, or adding a constructive thought. It will help us to gather important and valuable posts/questions/information on that matter as fast as possible.

Cheers

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.