[Poll] Grade the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Mar 28, 2018.

?

Grade the game so far r52

1. A

23.1%
  2. B

22.0%
  3. C

30.6%
  4. D

22.0%
  5. My choice is not listed

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

1. This is not a opportunity to troll thread or be a white knight thread.

2. Serious / fun intentions only please.

3. Choose 1 thing you dig about the game and 1 thing you dont like so much and leave it there plz.

4. It would be cool if you didnt respond to others feedback (already scared this will get off track, sorry Berek)

Dig: love player owned towns in the game.

Dont like: I cant find interesting gear while leveling (swords that shoot fireballs or increase skill level etc).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Numa and Stevvcash like this.
  2. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

Dig: Some of the ideas
    Dont like: Their implementation

Snikorts, Katu, Jaws2 and 4 others like this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

C - solid base but much room for improvement in terms of gameplay. Way to go, work begins now!

Stevvcash and Brass Knuckles like this.
  4. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Dig: No hardcaps = max flexibility = nearly infinite possible builds and a game with no 'ending'
    Don't like: As much as I respect Portalarium's efforts, some of their business decisions make me wonder what the heck they're thinking

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Dig - Taming Specialization makes the taming tree worthwhile again.

Don’t like - would like more variety of taming abilities. Maybe remove the “run away” skill (forget its name - confidence, I think) and replace with one of four special attacks skill (fire, lightning, ice field, etc ).

Numa and Brass Knuckles like this.
  6. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

Dig: The player base and interactions with it. One thing that often turns me off in a game is a toxic player base. That hasn't been my experience so for in this game, and that is a pleasant discovery.

Don't like: Dichotomy between how players are treated as pledges and then later arrivals. This wouldn't normally bother me that much, but there's still a lot buried under "you need to have pledged to receive that benefit", which is frustrating because I hadn't even known about this game until recently. Pledging has never been an option for me. However, that being said, I've spent over $700 on this game just in the first month I've been playing it, and I'll probably end up spending a lot more (so, the investment isn't the issue; it's the inability to ever catch up to those who were just lucky enough to be a part of the game LONG before it ever became an official game). So, when I realize that getting a second character is in some "future" option, which, of course, will require an additional purchase, it's a bit frustrating. Or, when I discover that there's absolutely no way I can EVER obtain a player town to govern for a game that literally just officially launched yesterday, that's a bit frustrating. I understand the need to reward those who pledged in the early days, but there should have been (or should be) some way to include those who are willing and interested in supporting the game going forward. Where this is going to hurt the game is more with the demo player or the player who spends $39.99 to get the base game and then realizes that he or she is never going to be able to do what others are doing in the game. I'm one of those people who brings in groups of people to play a game (as I'm sure a lot of others here do as well, so not trying to make it sound like I'm all that or anything), and I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to commit to selling the idea of this game to people who might follow me. And I'm one of the game's fans.

Snikorts, FrostII, Katu and 6 others like this.
  7. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

It's a game with a solid foundation that will continue to improve. It's clearly above the quality levels of casting earthquake on the roof of the bank, drinking stacks of healing potions so fast that that I can't be killed, a server crashing twice a night and undoing everything or using UOA to steal every item on a character in less than 1 second.

Dig: I like the glyph system. It's unique with the stacking, charging and special combinations. I'm sure more combinations and power adjustments are coming.
    Don't like: I'm unsure about the never ending grind and the master of everything avatar. I'm still playing.

Stevvcash and Brass Knuckles like this.
  8. Stevvcash

Stevvcash Avatar

Like: game has been improving

Dislike: game improves at 2 step forward 1 step back pace

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

A++

I Dig: that I have more chr slots, so I can try each path...

I don't like: how community members are still trying to derail the success of the Game... IMO, UO is dead, get over it already... SotA IS a huge success, and you can't stand it, can you...

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

This game is great! Thanks Portalarium!

Mortanius likes this.
  11. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There is a somewhat duplicate poll... posted my pros and cons there.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...you-rate-the-launch.115154/page-3#post-977502

Pros:

Smoother than expected considering all the additions right before launch. Is that typical?
    Some amazing things made it just under the wire, e.g. heraldry.
    Fun buildup with the meteor and new scene. (Even though it is just a gank-fest)
    Double XP is a great idea.
    Good to see more players.
    More releases to come.

Cons:

Travian migration seems to be hurting some long-term, fiathful supporters.
    Felt just the same as any other release.
    For those who have been here five years, it was quite anticlimactic (unless one of the select few who could attend the launch party).
    Waiting nervously with low expectations for the first launch reviews to roll in.
    IMHO, story and questing does not live up to the high expectations set over the years.

Snikorts, Sentinel2, Xandra7 and 4 others like this.
  12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I started in R20 and there were things I missed. So this isn't new.

I even have a friend who has an early minimum pledge, and he told me about it, and it went in one ear and out the other. I had to basically have Richard and Starr say to me (and the crowd there in Austin that day) "Hey, we've got a new game, check it out!"

13. Derium

Derium Avatar

1. Thing I like: The housing system
    2. Thing I don't like: clunky movement/animation/combat

I'd put the current game around a C.

There's not a lot of sand in this sandbox, it feels more on rails and the rails part doesn't currently have many different rewards.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Ahuaeynjgkxs and Daggerithian like this.
  14. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

Dig: skill design flexibility ...my best example: was looking for a way to increase my meager melee DPS so started scouting out the other trees, found I could light my sword on fire in the fire tree (which has added effect of looking really cool as well), roasted many kobolds for great fun. Also really enjoyed the outskirts zones, they all have a cohesive story and well implemented quest design (we need about a dozen more zones like them for various levels)

Dislike: Lack of content ... outside of Main Quests and Outskirts, really not much to do other then play around with builds. Most zones feel very empty...just a few bandit/undead camps and maybe a puzzle or two.

Elwyn and Derium like this.
  15. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

What do those letters stand for? BTW, id rate it 7/10 from what ive seen so far.

16. Satanski

Satanski Avatar

1. I don't like the fact, that most of the population is so high above me on experience and wealth level, that i see no real reason to interact with them.
    2. I also don't like terrible performance in bigger scenes and cities.
    3. I like housing. Don't found it too expensive.
    4. I like that the game isn't handholding me.
    5. I like skill developement, excluding no cap.

Overall, i rate this game C at this moment, mostly due to point 1.

Katu and Vyrin like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Like: The glyph/deck system, classless flexibility, combat system and customizability of your character (in terms of skill loadout)
    Dislike: The game punishes you relentlessly the more you play, with cash sinks, death tax, etc. making the game a grind 'job' just to maintain status quo at high levels.

Snikorts, FrostII, Katu and 2 others like this.
  18. EightbitX

EightbitX Avatar

Like: World building , lore, housing old-school class-less systems.

Dislike: Combat , Combat Animations and the god-awful memory leak and how the game runs as a result of said memoryleak.

19. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Went for D
    Pro: Background / World has lots of potential. Some of the new scenes are nice, although too combat heavy. Housing has potential and freedom. Exploring the world could be a big asset if it were more fun.

Con: Story/Quests are not captivating, no impact on the world (phasing!?), terrible UI for text/conversation, no dynamic leveling of mobs, world feels absolutely static and out of touch with the main quest lines (undead army and the threat persists but nobody cares, same about sieges), ruin/Shardfall scenes pvp only, performance on Mac, the game feels as it was not designed with story and progression in mind but as an iterative adding of new graphics scenes for more mob grinding.

There’s more about he leveling and skills, but I am a very casual gamer and don’t compete with anybody nor do I hope to. My pledge is high enough that I don’t need to worry about taxes or cotos or anything so I am not representative.

Snikorts, Xandra7 and Vyrin like this.
  20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Pro: gosh so many. One that is awesome and addresses one of someone’s cons above is the ability to buy rare items from other players that you couldn’t get before. I love browsing vendors. I also love selling items.

Con: our houses are stuck centered on the lot. Row owners could be more creative with their space if they could move their house back a bit to gain a yard.

Brugas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.