Quest Reset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

The night before launch I reset my quests.

When I logged in after launch, I went to the Aerie to seek out Arabella (sic?) in order to start on the Path of Truth Quest. When we went persistent, I had to pick the Path of Love Quest as it was the only one available at the time.

I expected that resetting the quests would reset my choice of Path. It did not.

When I went to the Aerie and spoke with Arabella, she sent me to Solace Bridge to go speak with Evard.

I know I can enter Blood River and find the NPC to start on the Path of Love (at least, I believe I can do that and am preparing to do so right now).

I wouldn't say its a bug, which is why I am posting here. I am just confused and making sure that I can start the Path of Truth. My only other question would be whether I can also do the other quest lines (I would think not since it all goes down the same path to the Oracle)?

Thanks.

/signed/ Noob

UPDATE:

I spoke with Robert Villines (the Magistrate) and he gave me the Bonesteel Dagger. However, I still have the quest to go see Evard, so this might be a "bug" - just awaiting more input.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The only "choice" is for which path you start on, and that is also the only thing not affected by the reset. All paths are active at the same time once you find the appropriate Arabella to start them.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

To complete the episode 1 of the game, you will need to clear all three parts, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Just to clarify:
    Starting
    Path of Love: in Solace Bridge
    Path of Courage: in Highvale
    Path of Truth: in Blood River

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Mac2 like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Try talking with Arabella again.
    I reset yesterday and when I talked to Arabella in Aerie she gave me all three quests.

She did give me Blood Bay first (which was my original Path of Truth), and oddly enough I was instructed to take the Lunar rift from Solace Bridge to get there (from Aerie???). I submitted a bug report about that.

Perhaps I would have left it at that, but because of a bug, the conversation with Arabella was abruptly ended, so I spoke to her again and she gave me the Highvale quest.

Same thing happened, so I spoke to her a third time and she gave me the Solace Bridge quest.

6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Yes back out and talk to Arabella three times and you can get all three quests. Because this is a feature for quest resetting only, which I imagine will go away at some point, I am ok if the start is a little clunky and buggy.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Quick question for you folks who have already reset. I haven't had much time to play since launch, but always intended to reset my quests once things got going. Should I still reset or wait a little longer?

8. Armaden Restal

Armaden Restal Avatar

Lost in the Corners of my Mind! aka St Louis, MO.
    My opinion is that it is safe to reset now. They have all three main quest lines complete (to my knowledge), so now would be a good time. I just reset mine as well.

discipleofweb and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Thanks for all the replies, I will go ahead and speak to Arabella two more times to continue on. :)

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The compass tips now seem to try ti suggest going through the rift for some places, even when the rift isn't pointing that way.

I might reset next week so I can redo all or most of the quests in the second week of the 2-week double XP.

11. exission

exission Avatar

Do xp rewards reset as well? Will i get the 400k xp if i reset and complete the quests again?

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes. And if you do it in the next week and a half, you will even get double XP.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.