Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Unable to load Hidden Vale

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Armitage_, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

3/29/2018 10:03 AM
    Title: Unable to load Hidden Vale
    Reproduction Rate: Intermittent. After forcing the game to close multiple times I can sometimes eventually load into Hidden Vale. This seems to occur about 90% of the time I load into Hidden Vale.
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: When trying to zone into Hidden Vale from any entrance(Novia or any of the towns in Hidden Vale) my loading screen gets stuck on "99% Hidden Vale: Equipping Avatars...". This has been occurring since r51.
    Steps to Reproduce: Try to enter Hidden Vale from Novia or any of the towns inside Hidden Vale.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4) System RAM: 16380
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.751.Date.03.28.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Beregost
    Area Display Name: Beregost
    Loc: (178.7, 36.0, 281.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCZXJlZ29zdHwoMTc4LjY1MSwgMzYuMDEzLCAyODEuMDczKXwoMCwgMC41ODMsIDAsIDAuODEzKXw3MS4yODg0fDEwfDQuNzYxOTc5

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. Unfortunately we're unable to reproduce this issue internally. Have you attempted a full client reinstallation?
    Does this break occur if you attempt to access Hidden Vale in Offline as well as Online?

3. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

This may be resolved now.

The game was running in Windows 8 compatibility mode, in order to avoid a different bug a few months back. I removed the compatibility mode, and the problem looks to be gone.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.